The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Was it you? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Looking for my old car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302875)

djewson 14th February 2020 09:49

Looking for my old car

Hi Guys,

Not so much as a 'Was it you' post

But a 'where are you' post

I had my 75 estate about 11 years ago and was an active member on here back then.

I traded the car in back then and left my cherished plate on the car, which I would love to find again.

I have checked the MOT history and the car hasnt been MOT since it failed last year, so its possibly sat somewhere rotting away as it had 200k miles on it in 2018 according to the MOT history.

Anyway,
If anyone knows the whereabouts of my old Car please let me know, as I would like to discuss buying my old Cherished plate back off the current owner.

The car was a
75 Connoisseur SE Estate in Silver

The registration is
J3 WSO

if you know the whereabouts or are the current owner
please get in touch with me via PM

Thanks
Dean

RoverRobson 14th February 2020 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by djewson (Post 2793066)
Hi Guys,

Not so much as a 'Was it you' post

But a 'where are you' post

I had my 75 estate about 11 years ago and was an active member on here back then.

I traded the car in back then and left my cherished plate on the car, which I would love to find again.

I have checked the MOT history and the car hasnt been MOT since it failed last year, so its possibly sat somewhere rotting away as it had 200k miles on it in 2018 according to the MOT history.

Anyway,
If anyone knows the whereabouts of my old Car please let me know, as I would like to discuss buying my old Cherished plate back off the current owner.

The car was a
75 Connoisseur SE Estate in Silver

The registration is
J3 WSO

if you know the whereabouts or are the current owner
please get in touch with me via PM

Thanks
Dean

Sorry but that’s been scrapped buddy.

“Tax Data Not Available” on VehicleSmart app I use 99.9% of the time leads to the vehicle being scrapped on the DVLA system.

djewson 14th February 2020 13:16

DOH

I checked MOT history earlier and it did come up on DVLA website

djewson 27th February 2020 10:36

Yup it's gone 😥

Just done a hpi check on it for £1.99 as the curiosity was still getting to me.

Scrapped in 2018
Oh well onwards and upwards

BRG75 27th February 2020 11:51

It might be worth talking to the DVLA, as they are always keen to make some money.

When the car was scrapped, it is possible that the then owner put your old number onto a retention certificate, in which case, it probably is curtains.

However, if he/she didn't, then the DVLA may well re-issue it, at a price of course.

I took the liberty of searching for your number, and whilst it is not (yet) showing as available, there are a good handful of *3 WSO for sale. This is the DVLA's own website, and it does (or at least used to) say to contact them, if you can't find your 1st choice, as not all numbers are listed.

Regards

Mike

The Issigonis Kid 16th March 2020 12:02

J3 wso

This was obviously a personal plate and could have now been removed from the car - so if you are searching the plate, it could be that the car that now holds that plate has been scrapped. When a plate is removed, the car usually reverts back to the original registration number - I would search that number if you could remember it.