The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   'Stealth' cameras to be banned.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=208870)

milleplod 19th February 2015 20:46

'Stealth' cameras to be banned....

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/p...cle4358641.ece

Yeah....right, of course they will be. :banghead:

They're all as bad as one another.

Pete

Vossy 19th February 2015 20:53

Ah yet another to end the war on the motorist, the way they go on makes you wonder if there is an election on the horizon?

neilb740 19th February 2015 22:08

whats the point in painting the motorway cameras yellow when most of the new ones are being mounted on the back of gantrys? you wouldnt see them if they were luminous green with pink spots!!!

JoeyTaffy93 19th February 2015 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb740 (Post 1925802)
whats the point in painting the motorway cameras yellow when most of the new ones are being mounted on the back of gantrys? you wouldnt see them if they were luminous green with pink spots!!!

Just don't speed through managed motorway zones regardless of if the signs are on or off. ;) Haha.

I was on the M25 by Heathrow Airport on Sunday, the signs weren't on yet I could see them clearly flashing cars traveling in excess of the speed limit. I really do think this country needs to look at the speed limit on motorways again... We need to take a note of our neighbours.

Spike 20th February 2015 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyTaffy93 (Post 1925839)
Just don't speed through managed motorway zones regardless of if the signs are on or off. ;) Haha.

I was on the M25 by Heathrow Airport on Sunday, the signs weren't on yet I could see them clearly flashing cars traveling in excess of the speed limit. I really do think this country needs to look at the speed limit on motorways again... We need to take a note of our neighbours.

The limit may be 70 but I don't think you'd be flashed until you were topping 80 on the motorways, which is plenty fast enough, given that the overwhelming majority of drivers are poor at judging distance, indicating and actually concentrating on the road.

Mickyboy 20th February 2015 07:06

I saw on top gear that the grey stealth camera's are catching people on the M25 in Kent at a alarming rate, all these new camera's yet they say we have the safest roads in Europe I believe.

Sounds more like we have the fastest money making roads to me, don't get me wrong I fully agree with driving safely and complying with road safety I just think rather than heavy fine + penalty points, what about a different system of some type, I do agree with this system of driver awareness/speed awareness.

Just to let people know, this is a general belief I have no penalty points/speeding offence against me,
Mickyboy

bigd 20th February 2015 07:14

If you speed you get caught whats the problem ,DONT SPEED END OF:shrug:

arnosvale65 20th February 2015 07:18

Next time you are on a managed motorway look at the gantry's on the other side as you go past. The ones with cameras are easy to recognize as they have more infrastructure. You see this on your side as well. Funny what you notice crawling along at 55mph in a truck.

arnosvale65 20th February 2015 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 1925866)
The limit may be 70 but I don't think you'd be flashed until you were topping 80 on the motorways, which is plenty fast enough, given that the overwhelming majority of drivers are poor at judging distance, indicating and actually concentrating on the road.

You can get away with 10% over the limit. That's why trucks overtake in 50mph sections. I was never summonsed for it in all the time the average cameras have been in force. Speedometers are very inaccurate as we all know. What I find very dangerous are all the idiots who slow down far too much for a speed camera "just in case"

Spike 20th February 2015 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnosvale65 (Post 1925933)
What I find very dangerous are all the idiots who slow down far too much for a speed camera "just in case"

People who brake for average speed cameras shouldn't have a licence if they don't understand the meaning of the word 'average'! I mutter the word 'idiot' many times when driving!