The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Discount MG Rover Spares - DMGRS's Shop (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Metal clutch slave cylinders - Not long to wait... finally! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=164724)

DMGRS 15th November 2013 18:28

Metal clutch slave cylinders - Not long to wait... finally!

Hello guys,
Just a quick one for you manual drivers - I've had confirmation that a metal slave cylinder WILL be available shortly, and I'll be stocking them.

I hope you're all as excited as I am...!

Moodster020 15th November 2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1484255)
Hello guys,
Just a quick one for you manual drivers - I've had confirmation that a metal slave cylinder WILL be available shortly, and I'll be stocking them.

Oooh goody! :D:D

I was hoping mine will last till one becomes available, looks like i hedged my bets just right!

DMGRS 15th November 2013 18:33

Indeed, I'm actually really excited. I think I may have to test one in a ZT190...!

Jim W 15th November 2013 18:39

Just changed my clutch as well as master and slave last month but used the metal freelander slave :)

DMGRS 15th November 2013 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim W (Post 1484274)
Just changed my clutch as well as master and slave last month but used the metal freelander slave :)

This is different to the Freelander slave - the housing of this is entirely metal. No plastic parts are used at all, rather than just the metal pipes.

The Freelander slave (as long as it's a decent brand) will likely give you many years of reliable service. :)

lovema75 15th November 2013 19:02

This looks like a tremendous advance - we will watch with interest!:)

DAS68 15th November 2013 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1484255)
Hello guys,

Thank The Lord!!!

gazza190 15th November 2013 20:21

cylinder

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGRS (Post 1484276)
This is different to the Freelander slave - the housing of this is entirely metal. No plastic parts are used at all, rather than just the metal pipes.

The Freelander slave (as long as it's a decent brand) will likely give you many years of reliable service. :)

Superb work mate. I know my uncle is in imminent need of a clutch and slave. Fitted new tazu master cylinder for him a few weeks back but biting point on the floor again.

I will also be wanting one for garage for when my clutch wears out.

So 2 customers here. Any idea on an eta. My uncle needs his asap.. hiis a 1.8 turbo and my car is a 190

mark d3 15th November 2013 20:52

having owned my 75 for a long time and after putting 3 slaves in her this is excellent news

DMGRS 15th November 2013 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovema75 (Post 1484300)
This looks like a tremendous advance - we will watch with interest!:)

Thank you - as will I! :)
As soon as I know more, you will do too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAS68 (Post 1484384)
Thank The Lord!!!

You and me both :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazza190 (Post 1484389)
Superb work mate. I know my uncle is in imminent need of a clutch and slave. Fitted new tazu master cylinder for him a few weeks back but biting point on the floor again.

I will also be wanting one for garage for when my clutch wears out.

So 2 customers here. Any idea on an eta. My uncle needs his asap.. hiis a 1.8 turbo and my car is a 190

I'd be inclined to change the 1.8T before these arrive - it'll likely be a good few weeks away yet.
I've got a 100% success rate with the Borg kits I have, and I've (finally) got a kit for the 1.8T in stock:
http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/c...1068-uub100193