The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Srat belt not winding back fully (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292456)

Rick-sta 31st January 2019 19:55

Srat belt not winding back fully

My driver's seat belt on the zt has decided that it doesn't want to wind back fully. Its fine when i'm in the seat but when i undo the seatbelt it doesnt wind back fully. Does anyone know how to fix this and also would this be an mot failure? I have the mot booked for tomorrow.

Cheers

trikey 31st January 2019 20:01

Yes Rick its an MOT fail im afraid, easy fix though, pull the seatbelt all the way out, put some furniture polish on a cloth then wipe all the belt with it, let it go back in and then repeat.

Do this 6-7 times and all will be well, its a buildup of dust over the years that slows things down.

stevestrat 31st January 2019 20:02

This might help Rick.

Animal 31st January 2019 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2707458)
Yes Rick its an MOT fail im afraid, easy fix though, pull the seatbelt all the way out, put some furniture polish on a cloth then wipe all the belt with it, let it go back in and then repeat.

Do this 6-7 times and all will be well, its a buildup of dust over the years that slows things down.

As Trikey said Rick

pull the seat belt all the way out and give it a good soaking spray with Mr Sheen or Pledge etc

Rick-sta 5th February 2019 17:42

Thanks all, gave it a good soaking and clean with mr sheen, has helped to an extent and done well enough to pass an MOT but still has a small bit of slack and doesn't roll completely back. Not a problem when wearing the seatbelt as there's loads of tension, it's only when I take the seat belt off the last bit won't wind all the way back.

Might pop the trim covers off and spray further down the seat belt.

markypicks 5th February 2019 19:01

mine was the same ,when i pulled the seatbelt out fully i put a clothes peg at the top to stop it from winding back in and sprayed it with some silicone spray and its perfect now rgds mark

trikey 5th February 2019 19:07

If your taking the cover of the B pillar Rick, get the hoover in there, there will be lots of fluff at the base, remove all this and it will help.

suzublu 5th February 2019 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2708810)
If your taking the cover of the B pillar Rick, get the hoover in there, there will be lots of fluff at the base, remove all this and it will help.

That's wimmins work:cool::D

Animal 5th February 2019 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2708816)
That's wimmins work:cool::D

Wouldn't work with her indoors

the chain ain't long enough to reach the driveway from the kitchen :getmecoat: :D