The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How to install KODI on fire tv stick (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=259001)

HarryM1BYT 1st January 2017 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2424608)
I didn't know that, everyone i know that has one uses it to watch sky for free.

There is a massive stock of old films made accessible by the use of Kodi, going back to the silents and the early talkies and in good quality. I have seen them used to access Sky, but to be honest the quality I have seen is appalling.

Georgies Dad 2nd January 2017 07:06

This is nothing new,it has been going on for years,when I was at work,there was a chap selling sky viewing cards on a regular basis and that was 25 years ago.

Whilst Sky charges the inflated prices they do, which also knock on to the other providers,people will always be looking for a way around the system.

The way to stop it is for the providers to charge reasonable prices for packages,my brothers monthly subscription to Sky, is more than his mortgage

sworks 2nd January 2017 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by w44nty (Post 2424925)
This is nothing new,it has been going on for years,when I was at work,there was a chap selling sky viewing cards on a regular basis and that was 25 years ago.

Whilst Sky charges the inflated prices they do, which also knock on to the other providers,people will always be looking for a way around the system.

The way to stop it is for the providers to charge reasonable prices for packages,my brothers monthly subscription to Sky, is more than his mortgage

Sky is just a business like many others, you pay what you have too to get the service you want. The cost of the service doesn't really come into it. 'gaining' new channels from a different source doesn't make it right in my opinion. Everybody I know that uses Kodi use it to gain extra pay for view stuff freely

topman 2nd January 2017 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2424766)
There is a massive stock of old films made accessible by the use of Kodi, going back to the silents and the early talkies and in good quality. I have seen them used to access Sky, but to be honest the quality I have seen is appalling.

It seems quite 'clunky' to me with strange menus and layouts. They all seem happy with it, but then it's free. Although I don't really get how it all works, its all double dutch gobildigook me.

HarryM1BYT 2nd January 2017 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2424958)
It seems quite 'clunky' to me with strange menus and layouts. They all seem happy with it, but then it's free. Although I don't really get how it all works, its all double dutch gobildigook me.

We have not had it long, but since getting it I was wondering where the likes of BBCi, UKTV Play and the other''on demand" systems were hidden in the menu system. Only earlier today was it pointed out to me that you have to have an Amazon account to download them as APPs to gain access. I already had an Amazon account from years ago. I could log in on the PC to my account, but the Firestick would not accept it. Going through the lost password system, it had me reset it with a password of more characters, which the Firestick then accepted. All now working and there is no chance of Amazon getting any money out of me, the details they have stored are for a no longer valid card :xmas-smiley-032:

smeegol 2nd January 2017 19:28

The free apps like iplayer and itv hub that are all part of freeview tv are available to download via the apps section on the amazon home screen , along with other non freeview apps. The wookie is just one example one of the available builds using kodi. The firesticks are android os based running 4.4.2 on earlier models with dual core processors and os 5 quad core on the later ones with voice recognition (not used with sideloaded apps). As with most android devices, kodi and other apps can be sideloaded on the tv stick. Each build on kodi uses sources built into them from various streaming sites. These sites are based all over the world and receive streams from all over the world. Some streams from countries that comply with copyright law will be illegal. Not all sites and streams are illegal. Various streams will be from countries outside the EU or USA such as Saudi , india or china etc and these streams are only available via the internet using these apps. If someone lives in uk and wants to watch israel tv ( as a few of my friends do ) they have bought these to watch it. When you get a build you cannot pick and choose what you want in it ,as what you get depends on what the programmer installs.
You can make your own build if you are capable and decide what streams to connect to providing you have the correct I.P address of the stream.

Kennyeth 3rd January 2017 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeegol (Post 2425286)
The free apps like iplayer and itv hub that are all part of freeview tv are available to download via the apps section on the amazon home screen , along with other non freeview apps. The wookie is just one example one of the available builds using kodi. The firesticks are android os based running 4.4.2 on earlier models with dual core processors and os 5 quad core on the later ones with voice recognition (not used with sideloaded apps). As with most android devices, kodi and other apps can be sideloaded on the tv stick. Each build on kodi uses sources built into them from various streaming sites. These sites are based all over the world and receive streams from all over the world. Some streams from countries that comply with copyright law will be illegal. Not all sites and streams are illegal. Various streams will be from countries outside the EU or USA such as Saudi , india or china etc and these streams are only available via the internet using these apps. If someone lives in uk and wants to watch israel tv ( as a few of my friends do ) they have bought these to watch it. When you get a build you cannot pick and choose what you want in it ,as what you get depends on what the programmer installs.
You can make your own build if you are capable and decide what streams to connect to providing you have the correct I.P address of the stream.

Well, Should I choose / decide to "fiddle" the system, it`s good to know that I can get all the advice on how to do it on these pages.
Ken.

OliverTailor 26th March 2019 13:18

BTW the spam links I inserted into my forums posts have been removed and I am now banned.

HarryM1BYT 26th March 2019 15:30

I agree, you can pay upto £20 - £25 extra for one which is already set up with Kodi installed, yet you can do it so easily yourself. You would need to do it anyway, when Kodi is updated, as it is regularly.

jackatesme 31st March 2019 19:11

I watch a lot of football on T.V. When Sky put their prices for umpteenth time i had to drop Sky Sports. I was then introduced to the fire stick and Kodi. If Sky insist on charging the price which equivalates to the rent of a house in these parts then they only have themselves to blame.
I watch the football on foreign stream channels,where i see half time is spent showing highlights from other games,but sky insists paying for retired players to spend 20 mins talking about something we have already seen.
With all the money Sky bring in they should reduce the prices and not give billions of £s to the Clubs,that would kill two birds with one stone. I.E. Get more customers and stop an overated football player being paid an obscene amount of wages.
This of course is just my opinion.;)