The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Swap-a-rama (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Diesel tourer for a 1.8T Saloon (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293538)

chiron_myth 2nd March 2019 21:56

Diesel tourer for a 1.8T Saloon

Hi all,

It's with a heavy heart that I've come to the point in my life where I need to swap my beloved 75 saloon for a diesel tourer (don't mind if it's a ZT or 75). Essentially, we've now got a big dog and only really use the car for long journeys. So... I'm looking to see if somebody wants to swap. My car has been very spoiled over the last few years, so hopefully it'll suit somebody.

What I'm after...
Diesel Tourer is the only fixed requirement. Aside from that I do have a few 'nice to haves' - mk2, auto, less than 100,000 miles but anything is considered.

What I've got
Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8T Saloon, Manual
It's in very good condition, with 85,000 on the clock. Had a new engine in 2017, but has been sound as a pound since. I've also fitted an allow inlet manifold and stainless steel t-piece to ensure it's as good as it can be.
It has also been remapped by kmaps, which has completely transformed the car. It pulls like a train, is extremely quick for the size car it is and still regularly returns 30 mpg.

Good points...
- Brand new IPK screen has just been fitted by Rick-Sta and looks great (it was fitted about 2 weeks ago!)
- Replaced front track rod ends, droplinks and lower arm bushes at the last MOT.
- New Avon tires at the front fitted last September, which has less than 4,000 miles on them.
Other things done over the last few years of ownership:
- new original pattern exhaust back-box
- tow bar and electrics
- electric memory heated leather seats
- real wood dash fitted
- new master and salve clutch cylinders
- new engine fitted in 2017 with just over trouble free 10,000 miles traveled since.
- DRLs fitted in the front bumper
- Battery backup sounder and headlight washers fitted
- Front fog lights fitted
- stainless steel handbrake compensator fitted
- gold resistor fitted
- 82 degree prt thermostat fitted

As you can see, most things that can be done to make this is good reliable car have been done. Mechanically, the car is as good as I can make it and has wanted for nothing. The bodywork is good for the age, but does have the odd blemish from it's last 15 years and 85,000 miles of usage.

Bad points
In truth, there are only 3 bad points to this car:
- the rear parcel shelf has stopped working. I've never had a reason to use it, so haven't bothered to fix it yet. If I still have the car at the next nano meet, I'll be using that time to fix it.
- The passenger side rear door actuator is on its way out and sometimes needs two presses of the key to unlock. Again, this may be fixed at the next nano meet if I can source a lock in time.
- It used to have an eezee coolant temperature gauge fitted, but this stopped working in the heat last year. The display is still fitted to keep the hole filled, but it doesn't work.

That's about it. I've tried to be as honest I can be. If you're interested, please send me a pm. I may also be interested in selling, but would prefer to swap as I've got a lot of sentimental attachment to the car and it's easier to swap for another car than it is to put a monetary value on it. Photos will be posted shortly.

chiron_myth 2nd March 2019 22:31

Photos

7 Attachment(s)
Attachment 77310 Attachment 77311 Attachment 77312 Attachment 77313 Attachment 77314 Attachment 77315 Attachment 77316

chiron_myth 2nd March 2019 22:32

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 77317 Attachment 77318

r44flyer 10th March 2019 15:30

Cracking looking car mate. Can you tell me, according to the V5 what euro emissions class is it?

I know you have stated you require a swap, but if you do wish to sell can you tell me what price you would list it for please? I'm not in a position to swap as although we do have a diesel ZT-T it meets none of your desirable criteria and is decidedly ropey now.

chiron_myth 10th March 2019 16:26

Hi. Thanks for looking - yes, it's a cracking car. I absolutely love it.

Tax band J, so currently £290 per annum. Economy-wise, I normally get around 30mpg.

I'm putting it up for sale this weekend at £1,200 ono. Same as anything though... it's all negotiable :-)

How ropey is 'ropey'? If it's fixable, then we may be able to work something out. The main thing I need is a tourer - everything else is a 'nice to have'.

r44flyer 10th March 2019 17:03

Tax band doesn't bother me, the euro class for emissions is critical, however. If it's not at least euro 4 I can't drive it into the clean air zone without paying :(

RoverP480 10th March 2019 17:28

According to TFL ULEZ vehicle checker on BG04XMS "You are not subject to the ULEZ" . which is an odd way of saying its compliant . My Discovery 3 diesel is showing as "You are subject to the ULEZ" . and will need to pay the daily charge.

chiron_myth 10th March 2019 17:51

Hi, Sorry - I misunderstood the question. Looking into it, Euro 4 only applies to cars registered after January 2005. As my car was registered in 2004, it only needs to meet Euro 3 standards, which is does. It doesn't meet Euro 4, but it doesn't need to:

Category - Euro 3 - My Car - Euro 4 (or info only)
CO - 2.3 g/km -1.759 g/km - 1.0 g/km
THC - 0.20 g/km - 0.155 g/km - 0.10 g/km
NOx - 0.15 g/km - 0.047 g/km - 0.08 g/km
No particulate as it's a petrol.

This explains why it's showing as not subject to the ULEZ, since it's compliant with Euro 3 emissions which is what it's measured against.

Hope this helps.

chiron_myth 10th March 2019 18:01

... I think... but at least you've got the values now from the v5

r44flyer 10th March 2019 20:30

I find the whole thing quite baffling really. My Jaguar S-Type R is an 06/55, registered January 2006, it has euro 3 on the V5 yet the London ULEZ checker says it is not liable.