The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   British Airways (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=50355)

Rover418275 17th December 2009 15:57

British Airways

British Airways got their court injunction to stop the proposed cabin crew strike over the Christmas period. Good news for any members who may have had their travel plans affected.

Tim 17th December 2009 16:03

I notices the cabin crews were getting a bit jittery due to the tongue lashing from the public so guessing everybody saves face with an injunction. Lets hope they can sort it out.

JohnDotCom 17th December 2009 16:07

Don't think your seat is safe yet folks
Many (hundreds so far) BA crews are going to be taking 3 day legally sick phased over previous announced strike period with no advance warning so no advance replacement crews can be found.
Even allowing for the 1,000 votes that shouldn't have been cast there is still a 9000 majority for strike action.
Happy Christmas.
BA has always been about profits for itself. Staff and Passengers and Luggage* (*the worst losses of any airline in the world) are way down their list.

Tim 17th December 2009 16:13

Would agree, was watching a news report on their earnings being frozen for the last three years and the basic is poor needing overtime to bring it up. But that could be said for other professions I guess.

ampwhu 17th December 2009 16:36

used to fly with BA all over the world with business and pleasure. i've racked up untold airmiles. they are still sitting in my account.

but in the last year or so, i've flown with other airlines as BA's standards have dropped below easyjets etc.

i use BA as a last resort now.

Bernard LPG 17th December 2009 16:47

I think that they need a dose of reality in the real world. They have been too cocooned working in a large company with still an air of a nationalisation about it.
I used to work for a huge company, years ago now, so I do know what I'm talking about. I've worked for small companies since and then for myself for the last 20 years, it was a huge cultural shock to realise that money had to be earned.

Cymrudragon 17th December 2009 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard LPG (Post 432300)
I think that they need a dose of reality in the real world. They have been too cocooned working in a large company with still an air of a nationalisation about it.
I used to work for a huge company, years ago now, so I do know what I'm talking about. I've worked for small companies since and then for myself for the last 20 years, it was a huge cultural shock to realise that money had to be earned.

Having a job at all in this difficult climate is considerd lucky, if they felt the long arm of redundency there tune would inevitably change i would think, having been there a few times 1984 and on so to put the company you work for who also are hemorrhageing money under pressure is not clever.

JohnDotCom 17th December 2009 17:15

Most want BA to fail so it can be purchased in sections by other and new smaller airlines,
and the slots made available to all the other airlines again.
BA have lost over 55% of their Business customers down to Service, Price, loss of luggage and delays etc.
Most others now do it far better.
BA is just to big and only after making money as said elsewhere.
Customers and staff are never their first concern now.
The Salaries are indeed higher than many but BA had no problem paying before recession as Customers were being ripped off.
Anyone with any sense now doesn't use BA for regular flights.
Those that do is because it has a strangle hold on some routes and a virtual monopoly.

e668ecp 17th December 2009 17:34

I think the union totally messed up the ballot. Mind you I don't agree with strikes as they rarely achieve anything other than huge job losses (BL and the miners)

Departed 32016 17th December 2009 18:01

youd think with the collapse of other airlines they wouyld think their self lucky they had a job- oh why has no one mentioned the whole iberia merger thing?