The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sad Farewell (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=208844)

Jim Jamieson 19th February 2015 14:39

Sad Farewell

After 13 years faithful service we've just said farewell to our 75 diesel Connoisseur.

I picked up the new owner from Glasgow Central Station earlier this afternoon and after a brief stop at home for a cuppa the new owner and his missus are now on their way home to Cumbria.

Earlier today I gave the car its final wash and a quick spin round the block with my missus just for that last nostalgic run.

I hope the new owners get as much pleasure as we both have, and for the time being my driveway looks empty with just the V6 and the XF.

However time moves on so now I'll get that off road project finished Oh! and the tow bar onto the XF.

Have a safe trip home.
Jim & Mary

maxi_crawf 19th February 2015 14:58

And another owner gets the pleasure to drive a 75 :bowdown:

Better news than it going to the car park in the sky ;)

myrover2013 19th February 2015 15:20

It was such a lovely car,

hamster19 19th February 2015 16:19

Sad news, but at least the car lives on !

murphyv310 19th February 2015 17:27

Did you give him a club flyer Jim?

michael peters 19th February 2015 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson (Post 1925308)
After 13 years faithful service we've just said farewell to our 75 diesel Connoisseur.

I picked up the new owner from Glasgow Central Station earlier this afternoon and after a brief stop at home for a cuppa the new owner and his missus are now on their way home to Cumbria.

Earlier today I gave the car its final wash and a quick spin round the block with my missus just for that last nostalgic run.

I hope the new owners get as much pleasure as we both have, and for the time being my driveway looks empty with just the V6 and the XF.

However time moves on so now I'll get that off road project finished Oh! and the tow bar onto the XF.

Have a safe trip home.
Jim & Mary

I would be interested in how many miles you did in the car and how reliable it has been?. Anyone reading this forum could well get the impression that the cars break down every five minutes but I sure that's not really the case.

FrazzleTC 19th February 2015 19:22

Sorry to hear that you've sold a car you've had so long, but hopefully it's ended up in the hands of appreciative owners who will keep it as well as you have.

sworks 19th February 2015 19:32

Hope to see it around, although Cumbria is quite a large county :)

bl52krz 19th February 2015 21:16

Glad it has gone to what sounds like someone who will appreciate it Jim. After all the work you carried out on it, it must be one of the best cars around. Hope they look after it like you did.

johnnyb44 19th February 2015 21:26

As one door shuts another one opens in life. Good luck with your new car Jim and hopefully the new owners of your old one will be here soon asking twenty questions about there nice new car too.
All the best
Johnny