The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Electric Memory seat failure (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=277686)

Tim06 4th January 2018 20:48

Electric Memory seat failure

I'm in france and have joined this forum to try and help my neighbour who doesn't speak English! He has a 2005 Rover 75 CDTI with Memory drivers seat. The motors will power up with a seperate feed, but when all connected to the memory module nothing works. If he tries to set a memory it chimes, but nothing else. Is this likely to be a module fault or the switch pack? His module is HHF100101, (made in south Africa by Shurlock). I've found others offered that are HHF 100100, are these the same? Is the switch pack the same number for a LHD car? (I doubt it!). Is there anyway of testing the module. The story goes that his local mechanic serviced the car and reset the ECU after servicing using a BMW progtamme, and since then the seat has not functioned! Could this be related. Is the seat module connected to the ECU? Is there any way of testing the module and/or the switch pack? I would be grateful for any input. Thanks in advance. Tim.

SD1too 4th January 2018 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim06 (Post 2580540)
The story goes that his local mechanic serviced the car and reset the ECU after servicing using a BMW progtamme, and since then the seat has not functioned!

Your neighbour should complain to the local mechanic. It is his responsibility to fix the problem he's caused. Failing that, I suggest he finds an ex-MGR dealer with a T4 diagnostic computer which should do the trick.
Quote:

Is the seat module connected to the ECU?
There are many ECUs in the Rover 75. An electric memory seat is controlled by its own ECU under the driver's seat cushion. This has a k-bus connection to the Body Control Unit (BCU).

Simon

SKS Disco 5th January 2018 08:24

I would suggest that the ECU reset by the BMW tool has messed up the ZCS coding so the car no longer knows it has memory seats fitted. Hence, they won't work. If this is the case it requires the skills of a T4 operator who really knows his stuff. ZCS codes are not a dealer "mess with" option as they control the whole cars functions.
To check if this has happened a T4 needs to read the data strings stored.
Memory seats is controlled by column 11 in the SA data string.
It "should" be 4 if memory seat function is active.
Anything other than 4 and car does not know it has memory.

Rsnail 5th January 2019 07:50

Can you also activate the memory seat function with Toaf? I have exactly the same problem, memory seat buttons can store positions but that's it, when I want to move the seat in those positions nothing happens, maybe I have done something in the meantine that somehow deactivated this function.