The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Manual owners - interesting news. Possible factory Clutch Master Cylinders coming in (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=274619)

DMGRS 16th October 2017 23:41

Manual owners - interesting news. Possible factory Clutch Master Cylinders coming in

UPDATE - NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER HERE FOR £49.99:

https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/products/gen...5480-stc000110

Hello everyone,
Over the last few years, there have been significant changes in the availability (and quality) of Clutch Master Cylinders for our cars.

My observations have been as follows:
- Original, factory fitted Masters have lasted very well, often to 10 years or more
- Replacements not so much, failing quite quickly in some circumstances - leading to the development of the Metal Master
- Metal Master arrives, and is reliable - however concerns regarding copper pipework fatigue are raised
- Mk2 Metal Master arrives, however is prone to leaking from front cylinder seal

We've sold around 500 of the Mk1 Metal Master Cylinder (the ones with the copper pipe) and issues are thankfully few and far between.

My question is this - if we can source some ex-Longbridge factory stock,
which is in theory the very reliable item originally fitted, would there be significant interest in them?

As the part is all-plastic and an air sealed unit, they'll be OK to use even after being in storage for many years, and of course they'll be warranted.

The items have the LHD pipework fitted, however you can easily swap your existing pipework over with just one split pin.

Pricing will be very competitive at under £50, all being well.

Kennyeth 17th October 2017 06:08

As long as there is nothing inside to "rot" it sounds good Mat.
Ken.

FLYING BANANA 17th October 2017 06:15

I would be interested.

squire 17th October 2017 06:55

Sounds very interesting indeed as long as they are still sealed. I don't need one yet but I fear that I might do in the future :shrug:

Martyn

Ravinder 17th October 2017 06:56

I think a lot of the clutches that do fail after having been replaced is down to poor workmanship as opposed to parts. Several people that I know that have had clutches done again and again points to this reason. But, the original parts can’t be that bad if they last 10 years. As long as they haven’t been damaged since it’s old stock...

victorgte 17th October 2017 15:46

Please add me to the list.

chris75 17th October 2017 16:49

I would certainly be interested :} Been wondering which type to buy for a preventative maintenance replacement !

tantallon 17th October 2017 17:11

Would be very foolish to buy unused items that have rubber seals internally .Rubber degrades over time if not stored correctly with the correct preservative compounds

lady zed 17th October 2017 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2552265)
I think a lot of the clutches that do fail after having been replaced is down to poor workmanship as opposed to parts. Several people that I know that have had clutches done again and again points to this reason. But, the original parts can’t be that bad if they last 10 years. As long as they haven’t been damaged since it’s old stock...

Completely agree with you Rav! I know it's only anecdotal evidence but Kevin hasn't had any bother with any he's fitted.......ok he's only done 4 but 4 out of 4 ain't bad :D

trikey 17th October 2017 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantallon (Post 2552426)
Would be very foolish to buy unused items that have rubber seals internally .Rubber degrades over time if not stored correctly with the correct preservative compounds

It sure does, they would be a good item to rebuild with new seals though.