The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dropbox? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299957)

Rev Jules 14th October 2019 14:53

Dropbox?

Anybody on here use it for photos, even though I have transferred loads onto a stick, it still says my Dropbox is full and will need to buy extra storage.

Rev.

ceedy 14th October 2019 15:03

I use the free version ..

It does have a limited, capacity 2gb . , then as usual you pay for more :duh:

don't use it for photo's tho' , not enough space , more for holding odd files and being able to pass on Links for them .

C

SideValve 15th October 2019 06:51

I use OneDrive - free with a Hotmail account

hogweed 15th October 2019 08:23

Try Google Drive - 15GB free storage ;)

RogerHeinz57 15th October 2019 18:05

I have this experience too REV.

Simply move stuff around to various storage apps, Google drive is a good plan, I use Dropbox for any photos I put onto this site as it is so fussy and also the stability of things like photobucket seem quite unfair as many will confirm when they lose their photo hosting for how to's ETC.

Hope you find a satisfactory resolve for this, but stay calm as your congregation will put you onto their prayer list for this issue, also who is doing communion this week ?

Just to clarify - I use DropBox for hosting purposes, and as suggested I keep the important stuff on secure storage, occasionally I clear out the DropBox files allowing space for new images.

COLVERT 15th October 2019 18:29

Could these things be downloaded onto an external hard drive ??

My computer seems to have an enormous storage space so I leave all my pictures on my computer hard drive.

Very easy to download onto the forum with the added advantage nobody can pinch them off you or hold you to ransom like Photobucket.

I've never used one of these Hosting sites. They seem to cause problems for folks.

Arctic 15th October 2019 19:31

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2768825)
Could these things be downloaded onto an external hard drive ??

My computer seems to have an enormous storage space so I leave all my pictures on my computer hard drive.

Very easy to download onto the forum with the added advantage nobody can pinch them off you or hold you to ransom like Photobucket.

I've never used one of these Hosting sites. They seem to cause problems for folks.

Hi Jon.
Keeping them on your PC is ok unless your hard drive becomes corrupt or you lose them altogether, so hopefully you back them up on an external hard drive or in the cloud, I prefer external hard drive x 2 :D

COLVERT 15th October 2019 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2768844)
Hi Jon.
Keeping them on your PC is ok unless your hard drive becomes corrupt or you lose them altogether, so hopefully you back them up on an external hard drive or in the cloud, I prefer external hard drive x 2 :D

Memory sticks are so cheap now that if I have anything I really want to keep I just download onto one of them.

I used to put things onto SD cards but I find the memory sticks much more convenient now.----:D

They stay cleaner if you take them out and about and they plug straight into most televisions nowadays.---- You can go to friends houses and bore them to death with your holiday snaps.--:D:D:D