The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Who do i call - Car not starting (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293003)

centurian51 16th February 2019 20:51

Who do i call - Car not starting

today is another day and another problem, jumps in my Connie today puts in key ..nothing car does not crank cant work out whats wrong however when i turn the key there is a humming noise which appears to start somewhere above the pedals and on opening the bonnet can be heard quite clearly. I decided to call out breakdown Green Flag they to could not identify the problem but he suggested there was a problem with the immobilizer in his report he wrote
"No voltage at signal wire direct 12v applied to starter which cranked but would not fire/could not identify component." He suggested i call out a tec guy who can do a fault code reading however when i tried to find one they said they do not deal with immobilizer problems so who do i call cant take it anywhere cos it wont start any advice id be great full for is is also possible the codes lost, it unlocks and locks but wont allow the car to start

klarzy 16th February 2019 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by centurian51 (Post 2711929)
today is another day and another problem, jumps in my Connie today puts in key ..nothing car does not crank cant work out whats wrong however when i turn the key there is a humming noise which appears to start somewhere above the pedals and on opening the bonnet can be heard quite clearly. I decided to call out breakdown Green Flag they to could not identify the problem but he suggested there was a problem with the immobilizer in his report he wrote
"No voltage at signal wire direct 12v applied to starter which cranked but would not fire/could not identify component." He suggested i call out a tec guy who can do a fault code reading however when i tried to find one they said they do not deal with immobilizer problems so who do i call cant take it anywhere cos it wont start any advice id be great full for is is also possible the codes lost, it unlocks and locks but wont allow the car to start

The hum may be the under bonnet pump priming before starting . May sound silly but is it an automatic and if so is it in park or neutral,? Otherwise it will not start due to inhibitor switch...

centurian51 16th February 2019 21:01

sorry should have stated its a 2003 Diesel CDTI manual:}:}:}

klarzy 16th February 2019 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by centurian51 (Post 2711936)
sorry should have stated its a 2003 Diesel CDTI manual:}:}:}

Any wet carpets?? Water in wheel well rec??

COLVERT 16th February 2019 22:04

One or both fuel pumps dead. No pressure signal to ECU. No start.

Applying 12 volts to the starter won't make any difference even if the engine turns over if there's no fuel present.

Ravinder 16th February 2019 22:06

Check your plenums, too.

stevestrat 16th February 2019 22:19

Possibly the contacts on the starter solenoid.

rovertone 16th February 2019 22:30

How loud is the humming? It's not the starter spinning without the Bendix engaging with the flywheel?

Oldmanlogan 17th February 2019 16:56

Definitely pump or pumps I had exactly the same symptoms back in 2018 summer and mickeyboys wonderful expertise working wonders he deduced that both diesel pumps were knackered not putting out enough ooomph ,hey presto 2 new pumps ,one in tank and one under bonnet and she's been fine since runs perfectly

marinabrian 17th February 2019 20:19

Does the car have a sunroof?

The problem you describe, is pointing toward a defective EWS3 immobiliser.

I can certainly assist you, however I would need the immobiliser to be removed from the car, along with the DDE4 ECM and posted to me.

To remove the EWS3, you will need a Pentalobe TS30 security Torx Plus bit, these are five point as opposed to the usual six.

A cheap set can be found HERE

The EWS is located behind the light switch, bolted to the A pillar, and looks like this.........
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/VRwAA...de/s-l1600.jpg