The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Not goodbye but farewell to MGR ownership (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314122)

Ian G 16th July 2021 14:11

Not goodbye but farewell to MGR ownership

Well deposit paid on the ZZT replacement and the ZTT has a new home to go to so it's the end of MGR ownership for me..Jan and myself had some great fun arranging both local and national meets in our 10 years with the club and I hope that those of you who attended any of the events we organised enjoyed them as much as we did.. We won't say goodbye because we've made some great friends through this forum and we hope that many of you will remain friends for years to come and I have every intension of popping into the social forum most days to say hello.
Take care all Cheers Ian and Jan
Here's the replacement
https://i.imgur.com/T6m0qEs.jpg?1
Kia Venga 1.6CRDi 3 6 speed manual.
Comes with cruise, aircon, heated seats, panoramic roof, returns 50 + MPG and best of all £30 a year tax and £100 cheaper to insure than the ZTT..

FLYING BANANA 16th July 2021 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2891471)
Well deposit paid on the ZZT replacement and the ZTT has a new home to go to so it's the end of MGR ownership for me..Jan and myself had some great fun arranging both local and national meets in our 10 years with the club and I hope that those of you who attended any of the events we organised enjoyed them as much as we did.. We won't say goodbye because we've made some great friends through this forum and we hope that many of you will remain friends for years to come and I have every intension of popping into the social forum most days to say hello.
Take care all Cheers Ian and Jan
Here's the replacement
https://i.imgur.com/T6m0qEs.jpg?1
Kia Venga 1.6CRDi 3 6 speed manual.
Comes with cruise, aircon, heated seats, panoramic roof, returns 50 + MPG and best of all £30 a year tax and £100 cheaper to insure than the ZTT..

It’s only through this club that we met. I have really enjoyed all the meets you and Jan have put together plus the raffles with the odd prizes. I remember the meets at the “Boat That Rocks”, with the boat trip afterwards. I still have the photo of you with the fake screwdriver through the arm. I cannot remember Jan’s exact words but it was funny.

We’ve had some great days out, not all car meets. Day trip to Portsmouth dockyard springs to mind. Many thanks for the opportunity to buy Redfive, twice. I would have bought the “Sprout” but nowhere to keep it. I know she will be looked after.

Great to see you both last week, and I’m looking forward to our next meet up. Take care the pair of you. Always welcome to pop in anytime if passing.
Let us know how you get on with the new wheels.

Ian G 16th July 2021 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2891475)
It’s only through this club that we met. I have really enjoyed all the meets you and Jan have put together plus the raffles with the odd prizes. I remember the meets at the “Boat That Rocks”, with the boat trip afterwards. I still have the photo of you with the fake screwdriver through the arm. I cannot remember Jan’s exact words but it was funny.

We’ve had some great days out, not all car meets. Day trip to Portsmouth dockyard springs to mind. Many thanks for the opportunity to buy Redfive, twice. I would have bought the “Sprout” but nowhere to keep it. I know she will be looked after.

Great to see you both last week, and I’m looking forward to our next meet up. Take care the pair of you. Always welcome to pop in anytime if passing.
Let us know how you get on with the new wheels.

Are yes the infamous raffles that included a chance own and fly a spitfire (balsa wood model) and a years supply of vegetables (a carrier bag of compost and a packet of carrot seeds) happy days.

Rick-sta 16th July 2021 15:01

Take care both, hope we'll still meet up again at a meet some time :)

trikey 16th July 2021 20:11

You wont be going anywhere :D Once your here, your here!

Thanks for organising the now legendary Holland trip, without doubt the best meet we have attended :bowdown:

steve-45 16th July 2021 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2891519)
You wont be going anywhere :D Once your here, your here!

Thanks for organising the now legendary Holland trip, without doubt the best meet we have attended :bowdown:

Could not of expressed it better - a fantastic bit of organising

bl52krz 16th July 2021 21:25

Hi Ian. I have to agree with the above sentiments about the Holland experience. Absolutely fantastic. We have not been anywhere since then abroad, and I am afraid it is making me have itchy feet for a nice long continental drive to our son in Germany. We are also thinking about a nice drive down through France, across Spain to Portugal and back up to Bilbao. Can not get on the ferry there because my wife has Menieres, which does not allow her to go anywhere by ferry or even boat on a lake. So it would be back up to the Shuttle to come home. Probably need three weeks for that epic.It is unfortunate that we can not go anywhere at the moment with this Covid19 effort going on. Anyway, you and Jan have a good time with the new car, and hope to see you on the forum.

mininuts 16th July 2021 21:30

Recently sold our ZTT Ian and downsized like yourselves. Still missing the old girl as she was a great car. Ours has gone to a club member from Carlisle so, I’m glad she’s gone to a good home.

Like you say, made many friends through the club, including yourselves, and I guess we’d have never met if it wasn’t for the club.
Maybe we’ll meet up at Gretna meet again when it finally goes ahead.

Hope you both enjoy the Kia, looks a great wee car.

Take care………both of you.

Raven Black 16th July 2021 21:46

Goodbye

And thanks to you for organising that fantastic trip to Holland. It was truly epic and like the rest of us so sorry it could not be repeated. It was lovely to meet you both and am really sorry to hear you have decided to leave. All the very best.

Sonic ZS 17th July 2021 16:38

Sorry to read this Ian, we've always had a good time with both you and Jan at the various meets :} We've lost a few local members lately to other, newer car models, which I fully understand as ours get older and need more repair, but always a shame to see you go !

Hope you get on well with the Kia, be good to see you at future events :D