The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jubilee Celebrations (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319412)

Simondi 31st May 2022 21:24

Jubilee Celebrations

Just wondering what folk are doing to celebrate the Queen's jubilee?

Personally I'm not really bothered about it but we are getting both Thursday and Friday off so am planning to go out for a good long walk on Friday with friends.

For those who are making it a celebration what are you doing? Friends round, street party, BBQ?
Whatever it is you do to celebrate the jubilee I hope the sun shines and that you have a brilliant day:D

COLVERT 31st May 2022 21:36

Thanks for your best wishes.---:bowdown:

Celebration,--:shrug:----I'm as poor as a church mouse, why should I celebrate folk whose ancestors were robbers and villains.---( ps. they've still got most of their ill-gotten gains too.---:eek::eek::eek: )

Simondi 31st May 2022 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2933911)
Thanks for your best wishes.---:bowdown:

Celebration,--:shrug:----I'm as poor as a church mouse, why should I celebrate folk whose ancestors were robbers and villains.---( ps. they've still got most of their ill-gotten gains too.---:eek::eek::eek: )

Nae worries, my pleasure and I don't disagree but let's not turn this into a royalist/non royalist thread.
I'm genuinely interested in what people are doing, my 5 year old granddaughter is very excited about it which was lovely to see - even if I don't share her enthusiasm

FLYING BANANA 1st June 2022 07:52

Banana is starring in the Platinum Jubilee Parade in Newquay on Saturday, I’m tagging along to take some photos, and on Sunday we have a large street party.

stevestrat 1st June 2022 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2933914)
let's not turn this into a royalist/non royalist thread.

:wot:

Not doing anything here. My other half (nurse) is working over the weekend.

Phil th Barrow 1st June 2022 09:12

Might mow th lawn.... Weather permitting.

maxi_crawf 1st June 2022 11:26

I intend on putting some bunting up, as I live on my own that will be about it.

planenut 1st June 2022 11:59

Been aiming to attend the Trooping the Colour, which is a fabulous spectacle and an opportunity to view Her Majesty and her family. Setting any gripes apart we may not see the likes of it on such a grand scale again, and after inevitable changes, there may not be such a draw to tourism which undoubtedly brings in cash to the Country..
For years I have aimed to be in a specific place to witness this annual event, ideal for what I want to see, but yesterday I saw on TV that they have erected stands on my spot. I will enjoy the day and reflect on what I consider my luck to have witnessed in the past, and soak in the atmosphere of the occasion; so many people there for one happy reason, leaving their bickering and opinions elsewhere.
Then to instal a new exhaust system over the weekend, I hope.

macafee2 1st June 2022 15:23

As we have only been in our house less then a year, we see the celebration/street party as a way of meeting the other villagers and so our thoughts on the Royal Family.
There is a band playing in the evening on a neighbours front garden and then the following day there is the annual fate at another neighbours house, this I really am looking forward to, meeting the owners and their daughter.

macafee2

wraymond 1st June 2022 15:57

We are not overly demonstrative but I might just raise a glass of Glen Something- Or-Other. Sitting, of course.

70 years without fault and in the face of occasionally a lurid press is rather impressive. Oh, and without compare anywhere else in the world. Cheers!