The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ECU issues? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=285169)

Kenneth Smith 26th June 2018 21:06

ECU issues?

Hi Everyone, I have had my local Garage look at my 2001 Rover 75 diesel Club today as I am experiencing problems with the ABS light coming on and Speedo not working on occasions and sometimes a minor shudder from the Brake Pedal when braking lightly. I can remove problem by switching off the engine and restarting it but the faults come back. The Garage have tried another ABS Sensor on the O.S. front wheel as original scuffed, but no change. They say the ECU has many error codes on it which they can't remove and suggest I have a faulty ECU. All this has happened since I had the front springs replaced recently as one had broken. Also when ABS light comes on the Brake Pedal shuddering does not happen only happens when ABS light off. Need help please. Regards Ken

trikey 26th June 2018 21:10

Marinabrian will be able to test your ecu if you want to post it to him.

slovcan 27th June 2018 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth Smith (Post 2644090)
Hi Everyone, I have had my local Garage look at my 2001 Rover 75 diesel Club today as I am experiencing problems with the ABS light coming on and Speedo not working on occasions and sometimes a minor shudder from the Brake Pedal when braking lightly. I can remove problem by switching off the engine and restarting it but the faults come back. The Garage have tried another ABS Sensor on the O.S. front wheel as original scuffed, but no change. They say the ECU has many error codes on it which they can't remove and suggest I have a faulty ECU. All this has happened since I had the front springs replaced recently as one had broken. Also when ABS light comes on the Brake Pedal shuddering does not happen only happens when ABS light off. Need help please. Regards Ken

The OS front wheel ABS sensor is the right place to look, but ALSO the wiring TO that sensor. A wire may be loose in the plug or chafed on a sharp edge somewhere. It is almost certainly a wiring problem resulting from a routing error during the spring change.

Some of the ECU codes may be related to the ABS (& maybe TCS, if equipped) and some may be nothing to worry about and totally unrelated. Ask the garage to write down the codes for you. Then someone here can translate them and offer advice.

Cheers,
Glenn

cb750chris 28th June 2018 11:50

We had a quick look at this last night.
There was a fault related to the front right abs sensor (plausibility), which has been cleared. The car was then taken for a test drive, and all sensors reported similar data. The light did not come back on during the test drive, hopefully it has stayed off?
I also put the connectors back in place on the inner wing.

Any further news Ken?