The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rover 75 as a family car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67500)

Paul_1978 26th August 2010 22:25

Rover 75 as a family car

Hello all,

Early in 2011 I hope to replace my ageing Rover 214 SEi wedge with a Rover 75. The SEi is 15 years old now. I bought it in 2005 when there was just me and the missus, 27k on the clock but now has 94k. It's been a great car and I've always driver Rovers of one form or another. Now we have two kids...and a third on the way!

I wanted to ask the question if anyone used the Rover 75 as a family car, especially if you have three children.

I am thinking about child seats specifically. Is the centre seat belt a full length belt or just a lap belt?
If it is a lap belt, what is the best solution for child seats?

When the time comes, I've already decided to go for the diesel, at as higher spec and low mileage as I can afford...

All the best
Paul, Wakefield

Thomas 26th August 2010 22:26

Evening, I only have the one wee one (just about a year old) and find it a great family car and safe too, all of the rear seats have 3 point seatbelts. :}

thomas 75 connie 26th August 2010 22:27

Welcome to the forum the 75 has full seat belts no lap belts in sight also they are excellent cars also the 214 sei lovely little cars with the little alloys and half leather seats.

Thomas 26th August 2010 22:27

ps welcome to the club and congratulations on the third litte one !

thomas 75 connie 26th August 2010 22:28

To quick for me Thomas regards Thomas lol I've always wanted to do that

Thomas 26th August 2010 22:29

LOL Think I will change my name to ken or something ! :getmecoat:

thomas 75 connie 26th August 2010 22:31

Why I think Thomas is a posh name ken just sounds like someone that sits in the corner of the pub selling dodgy DVDs

Paul_1978 26th August 2010 22:33

Many thanks for all the speedy replies!

That's good news about the middle seat belt.

Yes, the SEi is the one with the half leather seats and alloys. It's never let me down and looks great. It doesn't use a drop of oil or water. I've got a nice quiet stainless steel exhaust on it, and have had some minor restoration done on the arches.

I'll be sad to see it go, but it's time for a change given my expanding family!

I've been on the forums for about 12 months but don't post much. I am sure when I finally get my 75 that I'll be here pretty often.

I go on the Rover 200 forums quite a bit too and they're all a good bunch.

Thanks again and all the best
Paul

Thomas 26th August 2010 22:34

im not posh im priveleged................LOl back on Thread ! :D

M9_Nut 26th August 2010 22:37

Check the relevant kids /booster seats will all fit in the back first, I have 2 kids seats in the back of mine and there's only just room to fold down the armrest/ tray in the centre - let alone get another one in there! Ironically though it's the babies one that takes up the most room!