The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Alternative IPK service (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=326428)

vitesse 7th December 2023 16:42

Alternative IPK service

I recently fitted a new IPK to a local member’s car, all went smoothly thanks to advice from BigRuss. Another owner has bought a used IPK which he wants fitting, but where to obtain virgin chips? Unfortunately an enquiry to a T4 owner in the south brought no reply and I approached Al Cramb via Facebook. Most helpful, good prices, and quick service, based in Newton Abbot, does IPK repairs, keys and FBH repairs and has his own T4.

If anyone needs to get in touch send me a mail or search Al Cramb via Facebook.

Yorkshire GOC 8th December 2023 08:34

Yes - i think Trikey flagged him a few weeks ago.

mileshawk56 8th December 2023 08:50

Mike, Thankss. Chris.S.

FLYING BANANA 8th December 2023 12:07

Forum name is Doc Evil. He’s not evil but is apparently some sort of a doctor. Of what I have no idea but I’ll ask him next time we meet. He is fairly local to me.

ceetdm 8th December 2023 12:30

I can supply virgin ICs, but don't know if I am allowed to as I am not a trader and don't want to become one.

Tommy :-)

vitesse 8th December 2023 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceetdm (Post 2984673)
I can supply virgin ICs, but don't know if I am allowed to as I am not a trader and don't want to become one.

Tommy :-)

Thanks Tommy, I’ve got quite a supply now so I’m sorted but perhaps good for others to know. I’d like to think the mods would turn a blind eye to the occasional help to others but not on a regular, commercial basis.

Not only did Al supply the specified chips I wanted but as they were a new batch he even fitted one of the newly programmed ones and drove around with it for a few days to make sure everything worked.

Sadly since Rick’s departure no-one is offering IPK services and the new owners seem to have other interests.

Mike

Ps. Doc Evil - looked at his profile: Doctor of Mycology

ceetdm 8th December 2023 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2984675)
Thanks Tommy, I’ve got quite a supply now so I’m sorted but perhaps good for others to know. I’d like to think the mods would turn a blind eye to the occasional help to others but not on a regular, commercial basis.

Not only did Al supply the specified chips I wanted but as they were a new batch he even fitted one of the newly programmed ones and drove around with it for a few days to make sure everything worked.

Sadly since Rick’s departure no-one is offering IPK services and the new owners seem to have other interests.

Mike

Yes, such a shame Rick is not doing this anymore. He provided a great service at a very reasonable cost.
I've replace a few IPK screens, it's not too difficult if you have the soldering skills and the patience to disassemble the IPK. Let's hope someone pops up who is prepared to offer this service. I am happy to help members out but will not be able to offer the turnaround that Rick provided.

Anyone who can source me a couple of platinum gold (mcn) wings can rely on me to replace their IPK screen etc :-)

Tommy

Yorkshire GOC 8th December 2023 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2984675)

Mike

From his FB page - which may explain his ability re screens "Studied BSc Mechanical & Electrical Eng at Brunel University" :icon_question: