The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   FBH Function? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309046)

Rev Jules 5th November 2020 13:24

FBH Function?

I have one fitted with a remote, what has to be set inside the car for it to warm
the inside up .

Rev

another_clean_sheet 5th November 2020 13:54

As far as I know -nothing. I just switch mine on and it warms up the coolant and defrosts the car. Just be careful if you just do short journeys as the battery will not get recharged.

macafee2 5th November 2020 14:54

If you want the cabin fan to run there is a thread about wiring in the fbh and cabin fan but I think it also uses a relay so the cabin fan power is from another point.

I think a search on FBH by text may produce the wiring diagram. I'm not sure but the cabin fan may need to be set before the car is turned off so when it comes on it is already on the correct setting.

macafee2

AndyN01 5th November 2020 15:04

I've just had done (and brilliantly so - cheers) by Devilish.

Mine is controlled by GSM/text message.

With this for the inside to warm up the heater controls need to be set and left "on." Everything turns off on the ignition key when stopped and parked up.

Which "remote" set up are you using as I don't know how other ones work.

Good luck in getting it sorted quickly now that the cold weather is here.

macafee2 5th November 2020 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2846352)
I've just had done (and brilliantly so - cheers) by Devilish.

Mine is controlled by GSM/text message.

With this for the inside to warm up the heater controls need to be set and left "on." Everything turns off on the ignition key when stopped and parked up.

Which "remote" set up are you using as I don't know how other ones work.

Good luck in getting it sorted quickly now that the cold weather is here.

can you add a link to the exact GSM you have used?

macafee2

Rev Jules 5th November 2020 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2846349)
If you want the cabin fan to run there is a thread about wiring in the fbh and cabin fan but I think it also uses a relay so the cabin fan power is from another point.

I think a search on FBH by text may produce the wiring diagram. I'm not sure but the cabin fan may need to be set before the car is turned off so when it comes on it is already on the correct setting.

macafee2

I have got all that do I leave the cabin. Fan set to on,?

Rev

macafee2 5th November 2020 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2846365)
I have got all that do I leave the cabin. Fan set to on,?

Rev

yes I think so

macafee2

trikey 5th November 2020 20:31

Not all cars turn on the heater controller when the FBH runs, you need to see if you have the 'bridge' wiring which look like an extra two heater control plugs (Behind the heater panel) If you do, plug them in to the panel and away you go.

If not you will have to wire in a DPDT relay to operate the heater controls.

bl52krz 5th November 2020 21:38

Hi Jules. Why not get in touch with Devilish at Cannock. He will be able to put you on the right path. He of the one who attends our nanomeets. When they are on.

macafee2 6th November 2020 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2846410)
Not all cars turn on the heater controller when the FBH runs, you need to see if you have the 'bridge' wiring which look like an extra two heater control plugs (Behind the heater panel) If you do, plug them in to the panel and away you go.

If not you will have to wire in a DPDT relay to operate the heater controls.

I did mean unit must be left in the on position but powered, I thought that was being asked, does unit need to be left on.

macafee2