The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   But its still a Skoda ! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=288109)

Outlaw 41 14th September 2018 18:23

But its still a Skoda !

Driving today on some twisty roads with a Skoda VXR estate in my rear view , leaving him behind in the bends but not exceeding the speed limit must have annoyed him. As soon as we turned onto a duel carriageway he put his foot down just to go around me and pull infront which i let him do because i was in no rush to get to the shops . Some people see the Mk1 ZT with its rear wing looking racey and they cant help themselves . :}

stevestrat 14th September 2018 18:42

That's why I like the 260, its a real Q car, no clues other than the twin pipes. The look on the spotty herbert's face as you pull away from his Corsa Halford's special with ease. Best laugh was when I went in for tyres, young fitter drove it in and I heard him saying to the boss "WTF is in that, have you heard it?!" :D

Outlaw 41 14th September 2018 18:59

I could listen to a 260 all day but then again i think im a closet yank . :}

LotusLC 14th September 2018 19:38

I have a ZS 180 with the big rear spoiler and I call it the Devil car, because it brings out the Devil in people. Most want to race it or just get by it. God knows why.

bl52krz 14th September 2018 19:53

There is a real red mustang that comes opposite to where I live. Love to hear it come and go. Today while washing the car, it came and went and boy, that exhaust note................to die for.

rockerbox 14th September 2018 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 (Post 2669177)
Driving today on some twisty roads with a Skoda VXR estate in my rear view , leaving him behind in the bends but not exceeding the speed limit must have annoyed him. As soon as we turned onto a duel carriageway he put his foot down just to go around me and pull infront which i let him do because i was in no rush to get to the shops . Some people see the Mk1 ZT with its rear wing looking racey and they cant help themselves . :}

I drive an '18' plate Skoda Kodiaq for work, auto, slip it in sports mode and it'll whip most unmodified cars you see on a regular journey, easily. Sorry, but even had a V8 ZT. :}

Living the dream, Rockers.

Mike Trident 15th September 2018 05:16

some cars just attract it. I used to own Fiat Panda 100 HP, all the boy racers wanted to goad me into a race. A very similar situation when I was in my BMW Z3, every man and his dog wanted to pass me, even if they were in a van. It soon became very tiring. Perhaps this is why the 75 is so relaxing to drive, they all leave me alone.

stevestrat 15th September 2018 08:25

The 260, looking just like any other ZT or 75, doesn't attract any attention. It'll burble along all day but its capable of leaving a few hundred miles worth of rear rubber on the road if you ask it to.

grivas 15th September 2018 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 (Post 2669177)

No such thing as a Skoda, just a re-badged VW period, extraordinary what a bundle of money thrown at a brand can do to its image, of course the average person thinks it's a Skoda, no it is not it's a VW.

Ian G 15th September 2018 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2669296)
No such thing as a Skoda, just a re-badged VW period, extraordinary what a bundle of money thrown at a brand can do to its image, of course the average person thinks it's a Skoda, no it is not it's a VW.

Just like us ZT owners that are driving a rebadged Rover 75 :D:D;)
I suspect that the MG version was only launched to attract buyers who avoided Rovers because of the "old man" image
Cheers Ian