The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Self Checkouts (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=276120)

Freebyrd 21st November 2017 09:43

Self Checkouts

Supermarket Self Checkouts:

Do you avoid them or are you a fan?

I avoid at all cost. Not enough space for goods, no room to park trolley to unload, infuriating voice (always female) stating "Unidentified item in bagging area".:mad:

Nick Greg 21st November 2017 10:02

If I have one or two items, none of which require any age authorisation I will use them. Otherwise prefer to see a person

greendriver 21st November 2017 10:06

ours are always busy with feisty ladies...Unidentified bag in item area.....

Nick Greg 21st November 2017 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by greendriver (Post 2565927)
ours are always busy with feisty ladies...Unidentified bag in item area.....

Very good:D

planenut 21st November 2017 10:33

Hate them, and why is that 75% of the items I need someone to attend. As I wanted to pass through an Asda quickly the other day, with one item, I chose the automatic tills, to then find that 90% of them word "card only".

The supermarkets must love them 'cos it means that you do all the work yourself and none of the staff have to, so they can reduce the manpower.

Lancpudn 21st November 2017 10:41

Hate them, I avoid them like the plague, I've tried them twice and.....Computer says No! I ended up just leaving the shopping there and went to Aldi on both occasions as I'd lost the will to live.:devil:

Nick Greg 21st November 2017 10:46

One I went to needed to have authorisation for a small box of liqueur chocolates. As if you are going to get hammered on those

Ravinder 21st November 2017 11:38

I always use them. The best one is sainsburys. Always works perfectly. Asda s are terrible. Never scans or comes up with asking for assistance etc. Morrisons too is a bit hit and miss. But, I do like the sainsburys one. I dont remember the last time I went up to a cashier and scanned there.

rustymotor 21st November 2017 13:01

We had a new Lidl built close to us, got a trolley full and found only one manned check out working, went to the auto..

Took 12 minutes to register a bag on the scales, 13 minutes to get my beer approved..then started feeding it with £20 notes, each time the money kept flying back out..tried different notes to no use another 6 minutes..got so fed up I just walked left it all there..

It's a really lovely shop too as good as M & S..back to Morrisons :}

mystabe 21st November 2017 13:29

Nothing wrong with them if you have a basket..... If I have a trolley full (especially if it contains bread/fruit/vegetables with no barcode) I always go to a manned checkout, preferably not an empty one though, as if you can load your food on the back as the previous persons food is going through it's a much more relaxing experience because you can be at the end to load it into bags as it comes through ;)

35 years of supermarket shopping experience :mad: