The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Number Plate Attachment??? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16589)

PYTHON2674 26th February 2008 14:15

Number Plate Attachment???

Hi Guys,

Well as per the title really, In your opinion and past experience which is the best way to attach number plates?

I have just received mine from Designaplate (with club logo on :lol:).

The rear is the D shaped one so slightly heavier, front as per norm.

Anyone?

Carl

actros 26th February 2008 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYTHON2674 (Post 152352)
Hi Guys,

Well as per the title really, In your opinion and past experience which is the best way to attach number plates?

Anyone?

Carl

I put mine on with double sided tape i put extra on the back one as you say its heavy than the front one, so far they have been fine.

Dave Goody 26th February 2008 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYTHON2674 (Post 152352)
Hi Guys,

Anyone?

Carl

I put one on the back and one on the front:D

baxlin 26th February 2008 14:57

I used the pukka pads for the motorists' shop for the rear, but I used double the amount suggested. I have to admit I used screws for the front, it's not as obvious, and it's slightly curved.

PYTHON2674 26th February 2008 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goody (Post 152365)
I put one on the back and one on the front:D

Cheers Dave,

Thats where Im going wrong:pillow:

PYTHON2674 26th February 2008 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 152366)
I used the pukka pads for the motorists' shop for the rear, but I used double the amount suggested. I have to admit I used screws for the front, it's not as obvious, and it's slightly curved.

Thanks Malcom,

I was just worried that the pads on their own for the rear plate would not suffice.

I was curious to see if someone out there had a special way of attaching them. As I really do not want to drill holes in them...

Thanks again,

Carl:D

bluey9 26th February 2008 15:55

No more nails on a roll will do it just fine. I tried double sided tape and sticky pads and prefer this method.

Cheers
Bluey

PYTHON2674 26th February 2008 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey9 (Post 152403)
No more nails on a roll will do it just fine. I tried double sided tape and sticky pads and prefer this method.

Cheers
Bluey

Cheers Bluey,

Just wondering what type of roll you mean?

Cheese, bacon, egg, ham :getmecoat:

Tootall 26th February 2008 16:04

I fitted mine using number plate screws with a black cap in between the two Ts in the ZTT part :D

T-Cut 26th February 2008 16:16

The best 'retail' double-sided self adhesive foam tape for this job is Sellotape's Sticky Fixer Strip 25mm x 3m roll. Used on a properly prepared (cleaned) panel, this stuff is unbeatable IMHO.

TC