The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If god exists.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316392)

MSS 15th November 2021 10:39

If god exists....

:}...then I will win the lottery this week so that I can go and buy this.

https://used.jaguar.co.uk/approved-u...0638b?___SID=U

I have always thought that an XFR-S must represent the ultimate 'estate' with its 550 BHP

It would go nicely with teh Mrs' XF-S.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...9&postcount=32

KLM 15th November 2021 13:06

It has the finesse of a white enamel bath tub. :D
Kev.

MSS 15th November 2021 16:19

This is the problem with Rover ownership these days. Too many people with no hereditary class buying them. Driver taste and class should be part of the MOT test on Rovers! :D

Saga Lout 15th November 2021 18:27

No..

It has all the style of a Hearse and the interior styling of a Heart Foundation furniture shop.

MSS 15th November 2021 18:34

That's another one struck off the Xmas car list! :mad:

SD1too 15th November 2021 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2908019)
This is the problem with Rover ownership these days. Too many people with no hereditary class buying them.

:D
Sorry Maninder, but that Jaguar may have the pace but it most certainly doesn't have the grace. ;)

Simon

Dallas 15th November 2021 18:54

Looks like a Ford Mondeo ;)

trikey 15th November 2021 19:07

I quite like it :eek: I think it has something to do with having a good look over Maninder's lovely saloon when I was there.

I think that power in the estate would be great fun.

edwardmk 15th November 2021 19:39

Methinks the tyres might last considerably less than on the 260. 500+ bhp would be fun though. Need to find someone to drop a Coyote V8 into the ZT:D

MSS 15th November 2021 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2908061)
I quite like it :eek: I think it has something to do with having a good look over Maninder's lovely saloon when I was there.

I think that power in the estate would be great fun.

Thanks Andy - a man who appreciates the finest. Isn't it a shame that we have these peasants among us on a Rover forum? :D

Seriously people, although our XF-S is 1.3 seconds slower than the XFR-S for 0 to 60 at 5.9 seconds vs 4.6, the refinement of its V6 diesel and the sound when accelerating is incredible. As is attention to detail on every aspect of the car. My son was home 2 weeks ago and went in the car for the first time. When I demonstrated the accelerating on the A12, he just could not believe that a diesel engine could sound the way it does as he was pinned to the seat.

We all love our Rovers, otherwise we would not be here. But the modern Jags are at another level and make the 75 feel a little agricultural.

Enjoy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goReWJ3MjVE

bikerdude666 15th November 2021 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2908084)
Seriously people, although our XF-S is 1.3 seconds slower than the XFR-S for 0 to 60 at 5.9 seconds vs 4.6, the refinement of its V6 diesel and the sound when accelerating is incredible. As is attention to detail on every aspect of the car. My son was home 2 weeks ago and went in the car for the first time. When I demonstrated the accelerating on the A12, he just could not believe that a diesel engine could sound the way it does as he was pinned to the seat.

Whilst the colour, interior and gearbox don't do it for me, I bet it'd be a huge amount of fun!

My XE is the baby of the range, with a mere 160 horses, but I have to say when you put your foot down the engine has a pleasing tone, doesn't sound like a diesel, and is certainly more fun than the ZT was.

The Rovering Member 15th November 2021 21:46

SUV's are brutish blocks & have no style whatsoever. :D
They just don't do it for me at all, a result of being a lifelong Rover man methinks ;).
The more expensive ones now being ridiculously large objects whose owners/lessees are generally lacking the spatial-awareness to manoeuvre them correctly, especially in the urban environment.

MSS 15th November 2021 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerdude666 (Post 2908091)
Whilst the colour, interior and gearbox don't do it for me, I bet it'd be a huge amount of fun!

Those are the aspects that really do it for me. The car has to complement and contrast one's own complexion! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rovering Member (Post 2908094)
SUV's are brutish blocks & have no style whatsoever. :D
They just don't do it for me at all, a result of being a lifelong Rover man methinks ;).
The more expensive ones now being ridiculously large objects whose owners/lessees are generally lacking the spatial-awareness to manoeuvre them correctly, especially in the urban environment.

I agree with everything you say. But what has that got to do with an estate car? :shrug:

Fusilier 16th November 2021 05:21

If God Exists

Maninder

I could not agree with you more, the XFR-S Sportbrake is a monster, and I would love to have the blue saloon XFR-S that they make, but, like you, I am happy with my XF-S Diesel, which you say has adequate power, and If I do need a car with more power, then I open up the garage and take one of the others out, or if I want a very sedate drive round the country roads in summer then take out the MGF.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...58&postcount=1

Stu

SD1too 16th November 2021 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2908084)
Seriously people, although our XF-S is 1.3 seconds slower than the XFR-S for 0 to 60 at 5.9 seconds vs 4.6, the refinement of its V6 diesel and the sound when accelerating is incredible ... My son was home 2 weeks ago ... When I demonstrated the accelerating on the A12, he just could not believe that a diesel engine could sound the way it does as he was pinned to the seat.

Maninder; you've started a great thread here. :D It's refreshing to read opposite views presented light heartedly and with no underlying malice.

I'm guessing that you and I were probably young boy-racer types in the same decade (I won't say which one!). In those days it was all about 0 - 60 times (and 16 valves). The next time I looked, people were competing on alloy wheel design and whether their ICE had bluetooth or a massively powerful woofer, the engine didn't seem to matter any more. Then it was an obsession with fuel consumption. So long as you had a diesel which allegedly returned a zillion miles per gallon, you could hold your head high on the Queen's highway.

But wait! We seem to have gone full circle now as folk are again praising insane power outputs. Whilst I agree that rapid acceleration is great fun and useful in responsible hands, the opportunities to enjoy powerful cars safely are getting fewer with the proliferation of various 'traffic calming" measures. Is it really worth it to have a 550 bhp vehicle I'm wondering?

Simon :}

dave lincs 16th November 2021 07:50

Very nice looking car we had a saloon version few years ago and it was a great car, the estate version would be great

MSS 16th November 2021 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2908124)
Maninder; you've started a great thread here. :D It's refreshing to read opposite views presented light heartedly and with no underlying malice.

I'm guessing that you and I were probably young boy-racer types in the same decade (I won't say which one!). In those days it was all about 0 - 60 times (and 16 valves). The next time I looked, people were competing on alloy wheel design and whether their ICE had bluetooth or a massively powerful woofer, the engine didn't seem to matter any more. Then it was an obsession with fuel consumption. So long as you had a diesel which allegedly returned a zillion miles per gallon, you could hold your head high on the Queen's highway.

But wait! We seem to have gone full circle now as folk are again praising insane power outputs. Whilst I agree that rapid acceleration is great fun and useful in responsible hands, the opportunities to enjoy powerful cars safely are getting fewer with the proliferation of various 'traffic calming" measures. Is it really worth it to have a 550 bhp vehicle I'm wondering?

Simon :}

Morning Simon.

Interestingly, in my younger days I was never into powerful cars. Perhaps because affording one wasn't a realistic prospect. I was more into comfort and my first car was a Talbot Alpine and the second an Austin Princess 1.8 auto.

It wasn't until about 1990 that I had my first car with an engine that sounded and was quite powerful - a Sierra 2.0 GLS with two twin-venturi Webber carburetors. This was a limited edition before Ford introduced fuel injection as standard on the car.

These days even my lawnmowers have their standard engines replaced with more powerful ones. My flail mower has a 16HP V-twin powering the flails!

Maninder.

Phil th Barrow 17th November 2021 11:03

Now your torqueing....

These days even my lawnmowers have their standard engines replaced with more powerful ones. My flail mower has a 16HP V-twin powering the flails!

I darnt show you my Honda V twin 18 with a fuel valve cut off problem.. Thats now fixed..

The Rovering Member 17th November 2021 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2908099)
I agree with everything you say. But what has that got to do with an estate car? :shrug:

It looks like a squashed SUV to me. :shrug:
The insiduous influence bleeding into the design studios.

The annoying thing is, Rover started the whole trend off. :D

SD1too 17th November 2021 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rovering Member (Post 2908323)
The annoying thing is, Rover started the whole trend off. :D

I think I understand what you're getting at Gary but Rover didn't make an SUV. In a way, that may have contributed to their downfall. All their Land Rover vehicles were proper four wheel drive off-roaders. I acknowledge though, that today's Range Rover is more likely to see a private school car park than a farmyard. :D

Simon

trebor 17th November 2021 18:50

This was on the Jaguar Breakfast Club Stand at the NEC last weekend, what's not to like ?

https://i.imgur.com/WFXEaAGh.jpg

MSS 17th November 2021 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2908342)
I think I understand what you're getting at Gary but Rover didn't make an SUV. In a way, that may have contributed to their downfall. All their Land Rover vehicles were proper four wheel drive off-roaders. I acknowledge though, that today's Range Rover is more likely to see a private school car park than a farmyard. :D

Simon

Simon, Please try not to detract from the exchange of views with factual accuracy! :grin:
I have to confess that even though I don't like SUV's much, I often develop that feeling of love-at-first-site when I see a Range Rover being driven into a private school car park. :}