The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fizzing mad! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=167979)

stevestrat 20th December 2013 19:20

Fizzing mad!

We were shopping in Tesco earlier, I never park in the "busy" part of the car park, always away from other cars. We came back to the car, some ******** had broken the driver's door mirror, it was hanging by the wires. Had to go back into the store and get some tape and stand in torrential rain securing it to get home. To say I'm not amused is a major understatement :mad:

tourer 20th December 2013 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1519001)
We were shopping in Tesco earlier, I never park in the "busy" part of the car park, always away from other cars. We came back to the car, some ******** had broken the driver's door mirror, it was hanging by the wires. Had to go back into the store and get some tape and stand in torrential rain securing it to get home. To say I'm not amused is a major understatement :mad:

Any security cameras in the car park?

windrush 20th December 2013 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 1519001)

Oh Steve I am so sorry to hear this can it be fixed. I know just how you must be feeling

pab 20th December 2013 20:08

Sorry to read this Steve. It appears Tesco and car damage is becoming commonplace. Perhaps cheaper and easier to get a Taxi to the place than to risk it, especially this time of year with manic shoppers.

Saga Lout 20th December 2013 20:13

What I do..

If I park on a supermarket car park, I always take the numbers of the cars either side of me, and the colours. I've been hit whilst I was in it once and she got out and started walking away as if nothing had happened. It cost her insurance a lot of money...
If you get back and your car is damaged, if you have the numbers you are in with a chance that the Police might act.

pab 20th December 2013 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saga Lout (Post 1519076)
If I park on a supermarket car park, I always take the numbers of the cars either side of me, and the colours. I've been hit whilst I was in it once and she got out and started walking away as if nothing had happened. It cost her insurance a lot of money...
If you get back and your car is damaged, if you have the numbers you are in with a chance that the Police might act.

The wife hates using Tesco, she drives a couple of miles up the road and uses Sainsbury's, she says it's a different class of punter. :xmas-smiley-018:

windrush 20th December 2013 20:22

We are fortunate a Lilian has a disable ticket so we can park in wider spaces but even there is a risk
:christmas:

Bolin 20th December 2013 20:26

I've found some wider ordinary spaces in the local Morrissions, seemingly a fluke due to the layout of the car park. I either use those or park as far away as possible from all other vehicles. And that's despite my car's bodywork being rubbish!

Saga Lout 20th December 2013 20:27

She's right...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1519083)
The wife hates using Tesco, she drives a couple of miles up the road and uses Sainsbury's, she says it's a different class of punter. :xmas-smiley-018:

She's right but don't tell her that. I do like a lot of the Sainsburys stuff myself but I don't have the wallet to use it like a corner shop.
My pet hate about Tesco and other stores are self service tills...I hate them and will not use them, job stealing machines...

stevestrat 20th December 2013 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saga Lout (Post 1519076)
If I park on a supermarket car park, I always take the numbers of the cars either side of me

There weren't any cars either side of me, as mentioned I never park near the shop entrance. Re cameras, no idea but it was torrential horizontal rain so doubt if it would be any good anyway. I actually have a set of powerfolds in the pipeline but not getting them til after Christmas, see if I can do a temp repair til then. Hope it's dry tomorrow.