The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South West (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   100 years of MG (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=322451)

FLYING BANANA 8th January 2023 14:47

100 years of MG

As I'm sure that you already know, this weekend will include the 'Centenary of MG' celebrations at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon in Warwickshire on Saturday 27th May.

Tickets are on sale for the event itself from British Motor Museum and I strongly recommend that you book your tickets in advance, I've booked my tickets and I have an online receipt. Advance tickets are £10 for car and Driver and £10 per passenger. This event is supported by all the national MG Clubs, so it doesn't matter if you are a member of the MG Owners, Club, the MG Car Club, The Octagon Car Club, all will be welcome and it is going to be a sell-out 'mega-event'!

Tickets available from www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk

A wide range of merchandise for the 'Centenary of MG' can be purchased ahead of time, from windscreen stickers and grill badges to mugs, caps, polo shirts and Rally Plaques.

Merchandise - Window stickers/Rally Plaques/Grill Badges/Regalia etc - www.mgcentenary.co.uk

Now I am attending with the Cornish MGOC as it will be our weekend away event.

EVENT DISCLAIMER
Please be aware that this is not an official Rover 75/MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Clubs liability insurance. And The Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway

Mick Brownhill 9th January 2023 12:51

MG centenary

When they say display the car, does it have to be MG do you know.

If enough of us perhaps we can be grouped together?
Concession price is lower than display price so I will enquire if the elderly can still display at concession price

FLYING BANANA 9th January 2023 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Brownhill (Post 2957314)
When they say display the car, does it have to be MG do you know.

If enough of us perhaps we can be grouped together?
Concession price is lower than display price so I will enquire if the elderly can still display at concession price

Yes it has to be an MG. After all it is celebrating the 100th year of MG Cars. I’m 73 and it only cost me £10 to display my car, and I get entry to the museum on the day.

The only concession offered is on the general entry to the museum on any other day.

squire 9th January 2023 20:12

Just booked our tickets for the MG Centenary. Hope I might get to meet you Bob, but I fear it's a big might with the amount of people that will be there ;)

Martyn

FLYING BANANA 9th January 2023 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by squire (Post 2957359)
Just booked our tickets for the MG Centenary. Hope I might get to meet you Bob, but I fear it's a big might with the amount of people that will be there ;)

Martyn

I think you will find me, after all there won’t be many Sunspot Yellow ZT’s there.

squire 9th January 2023 21:04

True, but you might have gone walk about lol. I'll be in my not so conspicuous 1978 BGT :D

Martyn.

FLYING BANANA 9th January 2023 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by squire (Post 2957366)
True, but you might have gone walk about lol. I'll be in my not so conspicuous 1978 BGT :D

Martyn.

I’ll pm you my mobile.

squire 10th January 2023 07:29

Thanks, I'll then send you a text to confirm. I only do text as I can't hear mobiles very well, I have two hearing aids but they don't work all that well despite many adjustments and outside with background noise etc they're hopeless :mad::shrug:

Martyn

Mick Brownhill 10th January 2023 10:34

100 trs MG

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2957317)
Yes it has to be an MG. After all it is celebrating the 100th year of MG Cars. I’m 73 and it only cost me £10 to display my car, and I get entry to the museum on the day.

The only concession offered is on the general entry to the museum on any other day.

Thank you for answering a stupid question. I put it down to age. We are going but not to display the 180, it is not good enough condition at present.

So hopefully see you there.

colintf 10th January 2023 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Brownhill (Post 2957416)
Thank you for answering a stupid question. I put it down to age. We are going but not to display the 180, it is not good enough condition at present.

So hopefully see you there.

if it's roadworthy, display it :cool: condition doesn't matter :} The more the merrier :}