The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Meteors? No Thanks! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=203009)

StephenEssex 12th December 2014 19:06

Meteors? No Thanks!

Today has been the first chance I have had to take my rover for a spin since swapping the 17" Meteors for 15" Crowns.

When offering a swap on this forum I had a number of PM's from members advising me that actually Meteors are a better wheel so why am I swapping for Crowns etc etc..

Well, these crowns have massively improved the ride of my 75, so much so that I wouldn't have the Meteors back if you offered me free fuel for a year.

And the Crowns look smarter, but that is purely personal opinion :xmas-smiley-024:

Paulifa1 12th December 2014 19:11

I second that! Meteors on a 75 just don't look right. Mind you, you can keep your Crowns too, Unions all the way baby!...:xmas-smiley-024:

rich17865 12th December 2014 19:11

I am not a big fan of meteor wheels either.

Make the steering too snappy for my liking.

klarzy 12th December 2014 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenEssex (Post 1864265)
Today has been the first chance I have had to take my rover for a spin since swapping the 17" Meteors for 15" Crowns.

When offering a swap on this forum I had a number of PM's from members advising me that actually Meteors are a better wheel so why am I swapping for Crowns etc etc..

Well, these crowns have massively improved the ride of my 75, so much so that I wouldn't have the Meteors back if you offered me free fuel for a year.

And the Crowns look smarter, but that is purely personal opinion :xmas-smiley-024:

17's will bottom out less on bumpy roads, corner better and look better....
I personally think you are nuts, but if your happy that's all that matters..

suffolk boy 12th December 2014 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenEssex (Post 1864265)

glad you like them.i have the on my 75 i took of the ones it came with .the ride as you say is superb.plus decent rubber for them is quite resonable.the looks i think on my silver 75 look pure class.

FrazzleTC 12th December 2014 19:14

I usually have Unions on my 75, but this winter, I've got Crowns, and it rides beautifully on them, though it wasn't exactly harsh before!

MangoMan 12th December 2014 19:17

Well, all I can say is that I find it quite amazing how many people said the wished, and would rather have Unions instead of their Meteors but when I offered to swap my perfectly good Unions with good Continentals the thread went dead...???

So although a lot of people talk the talk, they rather stay sitting than walk....lol. :D

It just leaves me very skeptical....

klarzy 12th December 2014 19:18

I have 17 starspokes for the summer and 15 crowns for the winter tyres and find the subframe rubs over bumps with the crowns on as the tyres can squish that much more

the 17's handle better and feel crisper as do the 18 inch hairpin on my estate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 1864273)
Well, all I can say is that I find it quite amazing how many people said the wished, and would rather have Unions instead of their Meteors but when I offered to swap my perfectly good Unions with good Continentals the thread went dead...???

So although a lot of people talk the talk, they rather stay sitting than walk....lol. :D

It just leaves me very skeptical....

I will swap them if you want crowns with good tyres

trikey 12th December 2014 19:28

Mmm crowns :xmas-smiley-024:

mystabe 12th December 2014 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 1864274)
I have 17 starspokes for the summer and 15 crowns for the winter tyres and find the subframe rubs over bumps with the crowns on as the tyres can squish that much more

the 17's handle better and feel crisper as do the 18 inch hairpin on my estate...

Absolutely with you on this one, each to their own but 18" wheels have vastly improved the handling of my tourer for very little loss of comfort compared to the unions that were on it previously - I am used to cars with quite firm suspension however