The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Radio code (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=87383)

SCC 15th July 2011 19:29

Quick note to thank you for this information - my CR80 was inadvertently damaged, and I bought a second hand CD80 (without code). This method enabled a reset and recoding. Fantastic, and many thanks again.

jonno12 15th July 2011 20:05

great bit of info, too late 4 me tho, had to get mine done about a month back but did o'k only £15 and he took it out. will keep this info for future ref tho. cheers:}:}

JT667 12th September 2011 20:02

Same again but for CR80

Recoding Procedure
Iovox Head units (CD 80)

1. Whist the unit is plugged in, but in off mode, press and hold i for 15 seconds.

2. Press right button

3. Turn unit on

4. Input desired code (any)

5. Press and hold # 5 for five seconds

6. Press right button

7. Open face and depress reset button

8. Turn unit on and the new code is displayed

9. Press and hold # 6 when code is ready for storing

Anyone know if there is a similar process for a CR80 with missing code?

re5rotary 19th October 2011 07:51

Hi maybe Im a bit dumb but can someone tell me which is the i button and where is the reset button? Just trying this procedure so I can get the radio going until I find a replacement regards terry

JT667 20th October 2011 05:38

Recoding Procedure

Hi Terry

I have a unit with a fold down front panel and the reset 'button' is on the rear of that panel. Its actually a hole which you push a pin or pen nib into.
The i button is the Information button on the front (if you have one), it is a small round button.

I have a CR 80 and it worked with that as well.I'll post a picture tonight if you still need help
Jack

re5rotary 20th October 2011 07:39

Hi thanks for that I found a picture of the radio on the net showing the i button, but my CD-80 doesnt have that button? forund the reset button tho. Any ideas anyone before I bin it? regards terry

JT667 20th October 2011 18:51

Information button

When I first attempted this process, I missed the bit about the i button and it did not work, and each time I got it wrong it doubles the time before you can have another go - got up to 8 hours at one stage. So I suspect that the i button is a critical part of the process
Sorry I can't help any further

andyg2011 29th November 2011 15:14

just to let you know this does work

as i did it today on my zt cdti as i had no code it was the cd80 model

now i got fine tunes in the car

thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Windslore 27th February 2012 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT667 (Post 804016)
Recoding Procedure
Iovox Head units (CD 80)

1. Whist the unit is plugged in, but in off mode, press and hold i for 15 seconds.

2. Press right button

3. Turn unit on

4. Input desired code (any)

5. Press and hold # 5 for five seconds

6. Press right button

7. Open face and depress reset button

8. Turn unit on and the new code is displayed

9. Press and hold # 6 when code is ready for storing

Anyone know if there is a similar process for a CR80 with missing code?

I have a a CD413X radio in my MG ZT-T(2005) and following a battery change I now need the radio code. Does anyone know if there is a similliar procedure for this radio?

Colonel Mustard 27th February 2012 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windslore (Post 936417)
I have a a CD413X radio in my MG ZT-T(2005) and following a battery change I now need the radio code. Does anyone know if there is a similliar procedure for this radio?

I'd like to know this too. I have upgraded to a new head unit, but I'd like the old one to work in case I sell the car and want to swap it back in.

I don't suppose that the freezer trick works?