The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Just a wee heads up. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=237568)

ceedy 16th February 2016 20:10

Just had an email ref our Indesit...

They estimate they will get to us around June!!! ( havin' a larf ain't they"

or if I don't want to wait I have another a reduced ??? 99 quids.. :duh:,
sure we only paid a little bit more originally. :shrug:

C.

Typhoon190 16th February 2016 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by freck (Post 2219690)
Tumble dryers don't use water, well mine doesn't! :D. :getmecoat:

Sorry, should have clarified. This was a washer dryer. :getmecoat:

Lancpudn 15th July 2019 15:28

Holy Necrothread! :eek:

I answered "Which Magazine" Whirlpool (covers quite a few makes of tumble driers) faulty tumble drier online form the other week as our 10 year old Creda tumble drier was one of the serial numbered models affected.

The government got involved and more or less told them to recall the faulty models as they are at risk of catching fire as has been the case in a few instances.

Just got an email back from them this afternoon and they will replace it free of charge with a like for like model :eek::cool:

Or you can have an engineer come out and repair your old drier or the option of an upgrade to a higher grade model for £56 or £99.

No brainer to get a free like for like drier as ours has been well used over those years.
Better than a poke in the eye wi a mucky stick. :p:

wraymond 15th July 2019 16:04

So, George continues to spread the wisdom.

Lancpudn 15th July 2019 16:35

Blimey! that's quick:eek: delivery confirmed for this Wednesday, hows that for service. :cool:

Darcydog 16th July 2019 06:32

Weird this ..... :shrug: - my wife re-registered the fact that we have one of these “at risk” tumble dryers after the BBC covered the story again on the news a week or so ago.

Within 24 hours of her doing this we were contacted and told a new hotpoint dryer was going to be installed and the old one taken away!

It’s all booked for Thursday this week.

I hooked out the file and we originally registered that we had one of these faulty dryers in 2016!!

Amazing what a bit of publicity can do to focus people’s attention.

Lancpudn 16th July 2019 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2748029)
Weird this ..... :shrug: - my wife re-registered the fact that we have one of these “at risk” tumble dryers after the BBC covered the story again on the news a week or so ago.

Within 24 hours of her doing this we were contacted and told a new hotpoint dryer was going to be installed and the old one taken away!

It’s all booked for Thursday this week.

I hooked out the file and we originally registered that we had one of these faulty dryers in 2016!!

Amazing what a bit of publicity can do to focus people’s attention.

I'd no idea this "Safety alert" has been going on for so long :eek: I just happened to come across it last week by chance.

I paid the princely sum of 30 quid for this second hand Creda tumble drier 10 years ago :eek: one of the legs was damaged & the guy selling it on "Loot" free ads newspaper said it wobbled, I sorted the damaged leg out & it's been faultless in all this time.
It's looking a bit worse for wear now but works perfectly.

Darcydog 16th July 2019 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2748063)
I'd no idea this "Safety alert" has been going on for so long :eek: I just happened to come across it last week by chance.

I paid the princely sum of 30 quid for this second hand Creda tumble drier 10 years ago :eek: one of the legs was damaged & the guy selling it on "Loot" free ads newspaper said it wobbled, I sorted the damaged leg out & it's been faultless in all this time.

Love it!!!

Absolutely brilliant :bowdown:

Lancpudn 2nd August 2021 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2748063)

This new free replacement Hotpoint tumble drier we got in place of our old Creda model two years ago that had been recalled for safety reasons has had to have the pump replaced already today after just two years :mad: Good job we took an extended warranty out on it :bowdown: Never had a moments trouble in over ten years with the old creda one.