The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Iron Maiden Lead singer, shock (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315155)

macafee2 7th September 2021 17:20

Iron Maiden Lead singer, shock

Watching a program about the Boeing 747 Jumbo jet and the the lead singer of Iron Maiden has a 747 pilots licence, that was a bit of a shock, more to some of these bands people then meets the eye

macafee2

clf 7th September 2021 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2898745)
Watching a program about the Boeing 747 Jumbo jet and the the lead singer of Iron Maiden has a 747 pilots licence, that was a bit of a shock, more to some of these bands people then meets the eye

macafee2

There is even more to Bruce Dickinson, throat cancer, and beer are other things that come to mind. I had read he flew without pay with Astreus when they were in financial difficulties about 10 or 15 years ago, to try to assist them stave off bankruptcy (cannot confirm this though).

Russp 7th September 2021 17:47

I think he is a decent, there was a program I watched about railways wannd he was on it .Turns out he's also a railway enthusiast

Eddy600 7th September 2021 19:33

You need to watch the documentary, Iron maiden flight 666, even if you don't care for the music it's a very interesting film following the tour and seeing the converted 747 which Bruce also piloted during the tour.

I went and saw Bruce in a talking tour a couple of week back and he briefly touched on how after the tour the 747 was leased to an airline and flew around all over the world with its livery still on and people went mental thinking that Iron Maiden had arrived.

Very interesting person also greatly into fencing even whilst doing huge world tours in the 80's, all the band are greatly fascinating people in their own rights, also a new album has just been released and is fighting for top spot with "artist" Drake it will be a sad sad day if Iron Maiden get beaten to #1 by some bland music for the mindless masses :duh:

Saga Lout 8th September 2021 10:58

Also.

One time after he piloted a plane he was saying goodbye to the passengers when one of them said "you're a dead ringer for Bruce Dickinson"

Simondi 8th September 2021 11:06

A very interesting person is Bruce Dickinson.
I believe one of the reasons he became a pilot was to assist the band on touring to some less popular destinations - I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard that in an interview.

He has a great voice but like a lot of metal singers, Rob Halford, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio, Ian Gillan and so on is overloaded and dismissed as being too shouty

Katiesue 8th September 2021 11:24

He's also highly accomplished at fencing (the type you do in a white suit and mask, not knocking up a few 6'x6' panels) I highly recommend his autobiography.

(Just spotted eddy did mention the fencing fact)

planenut 8th September 2021 11:31

When I was involved with raising funds to keep the Avro Vulcan flying, he was also playing his part in that.

Arctic 8th September 2021 11:54

I think when you are a multi millionaire 130 million and climbing, bikes, cars, houses, are not enough so what do you do move onto planes, yachts, and the like, for some even space rockets :eek:

Imagine if they really wanted do some good the world would be a better place.

Eddy600 8th September 2021 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2898841)
A very interesting person is Bruce Dickinson.
I believe one of the reasons he became a pilot was to assist the band on touring to some less popular destinations - I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard that in an interview.

He has a great voice but like a lot of metal singers, Rob Halford, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio, Ian Gillan and so on is overloaded and dismissed as being too shouty

Ian Gillan is Bruce's idol he told a tale of being in the recording studio when Ian Gillan turned up but Bruce had to much wacky backy and beer and had to go off to the gents to vomit then Ian comes in to check on him and gets Bruce into a taxi :duh:

I believe it was Bruce's Grandad who served in ww2 as a pilot that got him interested in aviation.

Another interesting fact it was the drummer Nicko Mcbrain who had a pilots license first and whilst doing his lessons flew 4 of them off the Isle of man or Wight can't remember which, obviously over laden with gear and people the instructor got out and pushed the plane to get going and had to jump back in once gaining enough speed.