The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Replacing an Erisin head unit (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=321966)

hogweed 29th November 2022 09:56

Replacing an Erisin head unit

Some of you have been following my painful journey with one of these things :duh:

Having endlessly followed the manufacturer's instructions, I have been unable to get it work. Problems are:

1. It cannot be made to "sleep". It has a setting which allows it to turn the screen off, but keep running, so that it comes to life immediately when the car is started again, rather than a 40-second boot every time - but enabling/disabling it/changing the time interval has no effect, it just doesn't work.

2. When it does start up, the radio goes to the bottom of the FM scale, 87.50 (just a hiss) rather than a station; also the RDS/AF function resets to off. Both have to be selected manually every time it's powered up.

3. The display flickers constantly (and getting worse I think) when the car's lights are on.

4. The unit will not accept the firmware update Erisin sent me, refusing to recognise the files on the SD card.

5. IgoPal (the supplied satnav system) now refuses to work, crashing every time it's activated.

So Erisin have agreed to replace or refund, and I'm not sure what to do...

If I go for a refund, does anybody have any recommendations for a replacement? Please only recommend something if you use the radio regularly, as its correct functionality is important to me :}

Briodyjl01 29th November 2022 10:12

Mine refuses to accept the updates! It won’t find it when you put the card in.

hogweed 29th November 2022 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2953267)
Mine refuses to accept the updates! It won’t find it when you put the card in.

Yep - that's it. The screen message tells you the filename it can't find, which is right there on the root of the SD. I've tried on a USB stick too, same result...

Is yours Erisin??

Avulon 29th November 2022 13:30

Get a refund - even the best of these types of units are realistically speaking... Rubbish.

Briodyjl01 29th November 2022 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogweed (Post 2953268)
Yep - that's it. The screen message tells you the filename it can't find, which is right there on the root of the SD. I've tried on a USB stick too, same result...

Is yours Erisin??

Yeah mine is Erisin

Popcorn 29th November 2022 14:05

Be aware that you have cut off the tabs/ears to fit it into your dashboard this may or may not invalidate your warranty, :duh:
Here's hoping it doesn't because if i have problems i too have cut the tabs off mine :eek:

hogweed 29th November 2022 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2953281)
Get a refund - even the best of these types of units are realistically speaking... Rubbish.

Sadly, I think you may be right - though I only have recent experience with this one. Returns procedure initiated :duh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popcorn (Post 2953284)
Be aware that you have cut off the tabs/ears to fit it into your dashboard this may or may not invalidate your warranty

Being such a cynic, I asked them before doing it, and they said the warranty would be OK. Might be different for me, though, as they actually recommended I cut them off when I innocently said it didn't fit ;)