The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hidden Features.. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=150586)

daniluvsuall 22nd June 2013 19:43

Hidden Features..

I just wanted to make a thread and see what things people have found out there car has that wasn't aware of/or obvious..

I've found a few.. (I've come from an older basic car so maybe this is just big/new car luxuries!)'
  • Wipers change to intermittent when at standstil
  • Go home lights - Lights stay on after stopping and taking keys out of ignition
  • Petrol cap locks with the car lock
  • Doors lock when pulling away
  • Changing Fahrenheit/Celcius on the climate control also changes the one on the speedo
  • Blown bulb lamp
  • All 4 windows are one touch down, drivers both

Please feel free to add more :)

Thomas 22nd June 2013 19:54

Nice thread this, could show up some features that some newer members dont know about

berkshirelad 22nd June 2013 19:55

If you blow a tail light, the LSM will use the brake light at low power as a substitute as well as tell you that a bulb is blown.

After you switch off the ignition, if you press the trip reset, the mileage, will re-display for 30 seconds.

Using a T4, you can set the other lights to delay also.

Speed locking which mention can be turned on/off with a T4. As can dressing gown locking - which allows you to lock the car with the engine running.

You can also - again with T4 - set lazy locking. This sets a single press of the key fob to unlock just the drivers door.

If you have memory seats, the seat will move to the memory setting depending on which key you use.

The airbags will fire depending on the sensors rather than all firing

It took a long, long time to get reliable electronics into cars but ours have seemingly amazing intelligence programmed in.

daniluvsuall 22nd June 2013 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by berkshirelad (Post 1341940)
If you blow a tail light, the LSM will use the brake light at low power as a substitute as well as tell you that a bulb is blown.

After you switch off the ignition, if you press the trip reset, the mileage, will re-display for 30 seconds.

Using a T4, you can set the other lights to delay also.

Speed locking which mention can be turned on/off with a T4. As can dressing gown locking - which allows you to lock the car with the engine running.

You can also - again with T4 - set lazy locking. This sets a single press of the key fob to unlock just the drivers door.

If you have memory seats, the seat will move to the memory setting depending on which key you use.

The airbags will fire depending on the sensors rather than all firing

It took a long, long time to get reliable electronics into cars but ours have seemingly amazing intelligence programmed in.

This sounds really interesting.. I'd like to get the just drivers door locking switched on as that's something I used a lot on the old car - I've heard about the coveted T4 system, I'm looking to swap in an.. is it IPK at some point? the one with the message display? so might hang around until I've got that coming..

trubble57 22nd June 2013 20:00

excellent thread ;)...

Tatts 22nd June 2013 20:02

I'm sure this has been done before, there was zillions of replies, but all i can find is this one...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ghlight=things

jonathan63 22nd June 2013 20:02

The rear wiper comes on when i put the car in reverse while the front wipers are on.
The wipers come on automatically when it rains.

And the best of all......the passenger cup holder doubles as a "packet of biscuit" holder. Absolute genius.

ZedTeeTee 22nd June 2013 20:05

Drivers Door Only unlock is Single Point Entry ;)

Lot's of hidden features on these cars :D

Try holding your key in the drivers lock in either the lock / unlock position for a few seconds. If you have easy vent enabled, all electric windows should open / close respectively.

suzublu 22nd June 2013 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mofo (Post 1341963)
Drivers Door Only unlock is Single Point Entry ;)

Lot's of hidden features on these cars :D

6mm bolts?are they hidden :shrug::D:D

ZedTeeTee 22nd June 2013 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 1341967)
6mm bolts?are they hidden :shrug::D:D

Shut it you or I'll hide some of your more prominent features *waves fist*