The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   An appeal to help an elder owner in Scotland (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311784)

Robson Rover Repair 18th March 2021 16:22

An appeal to help an elder owner in Scotland

Folks, I've been contact by an owner in the dumfries and Galloway region of Scotland, contacted me via my YouTube channel.

Poor guy is in bits and needs some help after a phone call to me as he doesn't use forums or Facebook.

Short version drivers side arm has failed on him, and he's in a bit of a pickle. Wouldn't be one for revealing someone's personal info but he really needs help here, but I'd an old used rear arm I was going to post him for free to help him along but it's passenger.

If anyone has a 2nd hand rear arm they would be willing to post to him to get it fitted at a mechanic, or can recommend someone close to him as a reliable Rover mechanic who can fit it for him that would be brilliant. He obviously doesn't want anything for free but he's just in a very tight budget because of his circumstances, much as covid has hit everyone.

Opportunity for local owners here to help him out, loves the 75, has only just got it and looks like he's been sold a car that's less than advertised by a long shot.

I'd say he would be the type would attend events once he's sorted as in his words "best car I've ever owned, but I'm heart broken now".

So folks, call to arms, who in the area is the people to go to or maybe help?

Colin

Simondi 18th March 2021 16:31

I've sent Paul ( Mininuts) a PM and messaged a friend in the area too.

I will also ask if anyone on the Scottish Facebook group can help

cbr1100xx 18th March 2021 16:35

Cant help with an arm but willing to chip in some cash to buy one if one cant be sourced, 10 members £10 each wont take long

Stan

Robson Rover Repair 18th March 2021 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 2871965)
Cant help with an arm but willing to chip in some cash to buy one if one cant be sourced, 10 members £10 each wont take long

Stan

Very kind mate. But he wouldn't want charity but if he can get his car sorted without being conned again I think he'd be over the moon. He's nervous about the whole situation now.

cbr1100xx 18th March 2021 17:02

We could PayPal the pennies over to you , you buy it and no one the wiser.
Any left over could go to the person fitting it or a charity.

Offers there if no other options.

Stan

Robson Rover Repair 18th March 2021 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2871964)
I've sent Paul ( Mininuts) a PM and messaged a friend in the area too.

I will also ask if anyone on the Scottish Facebook group can help

I would ask myself in that group alas I'm on a Facebook ban for expressing an opinion that did not confirm with the policing robots lok.

chillyphil 18th March 2021 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 2871970)
We could PayPal the pennies over to you , you buy it and no one the wiser.
Any left over could go to the person fitting it or a charity.

Offers there if no other options.

Stan

I'll chip in if it helps

Sheraton 19th March 2021 00:58

:shrug: Could we chip in and Pay for the Parts/Labour ?

maybe have a Mod contact one of our Qualified Mechanic Members and see if they'd be available for the job - we could pay their Labour and Parts ?

If it's a last resort I'd be willing to drive through and tackle the job - I'm not a Mechanic tho.

Paul.

geo.k23 19th March 2021 07:07

i would certainly chip in to help just say the word

Les4048 19th March 2021 07:30

I’d be more than willing to help with a few quid donated through PayPal