The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Airbag light, any code reader? Or only T4? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300523)

Comfortably Numb 4th November 2019 11:24

Airbag light, any code reader? Or only T4?

The car has been stood outside for several months, and shortly after taking it out for the first time, the airbag light came on, and won't go off, despite checking the wiring under the seat. As it's due its MoT in the next week, if any code reader will pin-point the fault, I'll leave it to the MoT station. Dunno if its related, but I banged my head on the airbag dash panel while changing a fuse, just before I noticed this.

vitesse 4th November 2019 12:28

Not familiar with diesels, but Toaf will read petrol models no problem, especially the earlier (pre-autoliv) ones.

Regards

stevestrat 4th November 2019 12:37

Did you check the underseat wiring/connectors for both the airbags and seat belt pretensioners? A problem with either can bring the light up.

You will struggle to find a code reader that will show the model specific codes (incl airbags etc) on a 75. Anybody in your neck of the woods know what they are doing with TOAF :shrug:

vitesse 4th November 2019 13:21

I have used Toaf on a diesel once but that was just a trial to see that it would connect and it did, much more familiar with V6s.

If someone could confirm that Toaf can read your SRS early diesel then perhaps it’s time to get a copy. No danger if you use in read only mode, very simple to use and a godsend to us without the resources available to owners in UK.

Regards

clf 4th November 2019 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2773356)
I have used Toaf on a diesel once but that was just a trial to see that it would connect and it did, much more familiar with V6s.

If someone could confirm that Toaf can read your SRS early diesel then perhaps it’s time to get a copy. No danger if you use in read only mode, very simple to use and a godsend to us without the resources available to owners in UK.

Regards

There is no 'read only' mode as such. You can connect and read but dont touch, however, thus is not problem.free necessarily.

Plugging in and 'looking around' then disconnecting and removing the plug, I was unable to open the boot with the remote fob as before. For whatever bug/reason it happened, it had ticked the option for tailgate AND boot release (mine is a saloon). I struggled to find the issue as I had retraced my steps, and module that option was in, was not one I entered (which is why I deduced it to be a bug). Once the tailgate option was unticked, it worked fine.

This was the first release of the program of 3, with the 2nd being the most functional for my purpose (live injector readings).

On the first connection, back up each module before doing anything, that way should something go awry, you should have a back up to apply. I didn't have this back up as I went I first time around with the intention of looking only.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Comfortably Numb 4th November 2019 23:54

Interesting about the boot lock. Mine only unlocks by inserting and turning the key in the boot lock, or pressing the button below the bonnet-pull. Only 2 buttons on the fob, lock and unlock (whole car).

clf 5th November 2019 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (Post 2773488)
Interesting about the boot lock. Mine only unlocks by inserting and turning the key in the boot lock, or pressing the button below the bonnet-pull. Only 2 buttons on the fob, lock and unlock (whole car).

ah, yours will be the mk1. Mine is mk2, long hold press on the remote will release the boot. I wonder if the version of TOAF I used, did not allow for subtle electronic differences of mk1 mk2. Wasnt a big issue, but it is worth keeping in mind should you have any abnormal issues after.

T4 by the way will pin point the issue with your SRS.