The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What music? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301176)

Discofan 30th November 2019 09:49

What music?

My music tastes havent really changed much since the 80's hence my moniker "stuck in the 1980's" which my wife likes to remind me of regularly :D

Status Quo, Queen, Dire Straits, Smokie, Elton John, Billy Joel, Genesis, Credence Clear Water Revival, Eric Clapton, Stones etc etc...

I take delight in telling my kids (18 and 12) that these are the classics that they'll think are brilliant in about 20 years time and they'll look back and realise that Dad had great musical taste, always gets a debate going and them ridiculing me. :lol: They call my music "Dad FM".

Ive still got plenty of cassette tapes stashed away, this new fangled digital music will never last and car manufacturers will revert back to cassette players so I'll be ahead of the game.

What are you listening to?

wraymond 30th November 2019 12:39

My favourites are also my earliest:
Jim Dandy by The Vipers Skiffle Group with Wally Whyton (1957)
Meet Mister Callaghan by Les Paul and Mary Ford (1950?)
Little Darlin' by The Diamonds (1957).

Unfortunately not listening to them now. They are 78's and my deck can't move that fast. So far resisted the temptation to turn them into plant pots.

Goldrover 30th November 2019 13:25

Just finished ironing and listening to Status Quo the early recordings - pictures of matchstick men etc- time flew by job done and cheered me up no end.

Anything late fifties to early seventies does it for me.

Dave

dattrike 30th November 2019 13:52

Kinks, The Who, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep, Caravan and many more.
Can't say I'm enamored of most modern stuff.

macafee2 30th November 2019 15:26

The Jam, Clash, Cher, BoneyM, Bruce Springsteen, ELO, Adel, Robby Williams, Blondie, Abba, MeatLoaf, Nana Mouskouri and many others

MeatLoaf, Jam, Nana.......yea, they do similar stuff :)

macafee2

RPWC 30th November 2019 21:06

Same as you minus the Stones, Elton, Smokie and Billy J,but add on Heart, Kiss;Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, The Scorpions

trikey 30th November 2019 21:16

Green Day, Rancid, The Varukers, The Selecter, Ian Dury, Wilko Johnson, UK Subs.

(That's just tonights playlist!)

RPWC 30th November 2019 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2779015)
Green Day, Rancid, The Varukers, The Selecter, Ian Dury, Wilko Johnson, UK Subs.

(That's just tonights playlist!)

You forgot PIL

ratchet 1st December 2019 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discofan (Post 2778901)
Status Quo, Queen, Dire Straits, Smokie, Elton John, Billy Joel, Genesis, Credence Clear Water Revival, Eric Clapton, Stones etc etc...

What are you listening to?

Looks like you're stuck in the 70's

I'm stuck in the late 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's and rarely listen to anything newer. About the only modern stuff I play are the Foo Fighters and Linkin Park......... and they've been around for quite a while.