The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   redundent (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68799)

Corwen 15th September 2010 15:34

redundent

was made redundent 2 weeks ago, £2,500 hand shake, signed on the dole admitted to having over £16,000 in the bank so i am intitled to £65,40p plus my royal navy pension of £51 a week which i don't get the first payment in arrears till next month as i have only just turned 60, have looked everywhere for a job, no one wants to know at my age, [fully skilled engineering manual machinist] anyhow a part time job came up, locally, 15 hours a week as a maintainence man in a old folks home,minimuim hourly rate, better than sitting on my harris, asked the job centre how i stood at earning roughly £90, was told i would lose my £65,40p, i asked why, its because i will be getting a navy pension, so all in all taking the job would net me £140 before stamps, come march next year i will be entitled to nothing, yet its in the local paper today if my wife fosters an immigrents child we will be given up to £400 a week :shrug::shrug:

VVC-Geeza 15th September 2010 17:22

I've had second thought about replying to this in full ! :mad::oops::shrug:

Wolves 75 15th September 2010 17:37

Sounds about right for this country we call home, :mad:

James_Death 15th September 2010 17:46

The ham shakers

Parker 15th September 2010 17:48

It can be really depressing, look at things like React funding and back to work subsidy, there is plenty of schemes and courses out there and employers like react. Like all things it's down to investigating and asking, the jobcentre never seem to offer these options.

Good luck and don't get to disheartened.

richardwjackson 15th September 2010 17:52

Can totally sympathise with your current situation. I was out of work for 2 months recently, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. :}

James_Death 15th September 2010 17:55

The only ones that get told everything they can claim are the immigrants that bring a friend to say they don't speak English what can they claim and they get it all spelled out.
A common con is they turn up at hospital with alleged problem can't speak English but there friend can interprit at a cost.

Jake 15th September 2010 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corwen (Post 588309)
was made redundent 2 weeks ago, £2,500 hand shake, signed on the dole admitted to having over £16,000 in the bank so i am intitled to £65,40p plus my royal navy pension of £51 a week which i don't get the first payment in arrears till next month as i have only just turned 60, have looked everywhere for a job, no one wants to know at my age, [fully skilled engineering manual machinist] anyhow a part time job came up, locally, 15 hours a week as a maintainence man in a old folks home,minimuim hourly rate, better than sitting on my harris, asked the job centre how i stood at earning roughly £90, was told i would lose my £65,40p, i asked why, its because i will be getting a navy pension, so all in all taking the job would net me £140 before stamps, come march next year i will be entitled to nothing, yet its in the local paper today if my wife fosters an immigrents child we will be given up to £400 a week :shrug::shrug:

I am deeply saddened to read your post - always the case of those of us who try and do things right, get done over at the end.

Parker 15th September 2010 18:23

Please be careful all and keep this thread above board often perceptions are far away from reality. Help and advice is probably the best way forward. ;)

Zeb 15th September 2010 18:25

Hopefully you mean xenophobic nonsense like this Parker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Death (Post 588378)
The only ones that get told everything they can claim are the immigrants that bring a friend to say they don't speak English what can they claim and they get it all spelled out.
A common con is they turn up at hospital with alleged problem can't speak English but there friend can interprit at a cost.