The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   LOL on line Grocery shopping (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=303980)

macafee2 1st April 2020 18:51

LOL on line Grocery shopping

my wife logged into Morrisions web site and was umpteen thousand in the queue. Her turn came but she was a bit distracted, took too long and web site sent her to the back of the queue. Now again umpteen thousand before her she gets to first place, gets distracted, I called her for dinner... she has again missed her place in the queue.:D

Now in the queue again and I have suggested she set the timer to remind her.

macafee2

mbrenn 2nd April 2020 13:45

Ring local smaller supermarket chains ; many are starting to do home deliveries. We got a delivery yesterday 1.5 hrs after placing a telephone order.

Rev Jules 2nd April 2020 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrenn (Post 2803161)
Ring local smaller supermarket chains ; many are starting to do home deliveries. We got a delivery yesterday 1.5 hrs after placing a telephone order.

Do you think they will deliver to Nottingham?

sworks 2nd April 2020 15:35

We are expecting a delivery tonight between 8 and 10 for an order made 3 weeks ago. Hopefully more delivery slots are becoming available

macafee2 2nd April 2020 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 2803176)
We are expecting a delivery tonight between 8 and 10 for an order made 3 weeks ago. Hopefully more delivery slots are becoming available

we have a slot on the 7th and 10th. The 10th may get cancelled and replaced with a slot round the 14th or 21st.

Our freezer was looking empty but we have managed to stock it up.
Not had everything on the orders but not missing enough to worry.

macafee2

Dawn 4th April 2020 18:29

Try local wholesalers. Lots are short on trade and doing click and collect for the public. I am so scared of shopping if I can get someone to also deliver pet food I am going to use them!

trikey 4th April 2020 18:56

Received our first ever home delivery of food on Friday, ordered about 3 weeks ago, probably 30% of what we ordered wasn't available, at least the biscuits arrived safely :D Cant say I'm a fan of home delivery shopping, although I can see those who may benefit from it.

macafee2 4th April 2020 20:40

wife cancelled the one on the 10th and went with another company for the 14th, they have also opened up slots for a couple of weeks ahead so she booked 21st as well.
I think she has been getting a bit stressed and is now a lot calmer.

macafee2

macafee2 4th April 2020 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2803668)
Received our first ever home delivery of food on Friday, ordered about 3 weeks ago, probably 30% of what we ordered wasn't available, at least the biscuits arrived safely :D Cant say I'm a fan of home delivery shopping, although I can see those who may benefit from it.

if you had got 100% of order would you be more of a fan?
We go shopping on holiday and I sometimes go for a few bits at home but
hate queuing to pay. If I go when at home I will normally buy a hot cooked chicken and a French stick or bloomer and a few items for a recipe to try

macafee2

sworks 4th April 2020 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2803668)

We had 3 substitutions so did ok. We also have a catering company about 12 miles away that delivers to schools, as that market has closed they are open to the public. Place your order online and they tell you when to turn up. You stay in the car and they bring your order out and put it straight into the boot. Seems to be working well.