The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Those Who Know. Know. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=327375)

DRC66 20th March 2024 06:32

Those Who Know. Know.

My wife and I have just returned from a fortnights trip around Italy including visits to those three exotics all ending in i. Think Modena, Maranello, Sant’Agata.
My daily driver is a 25 year old 75. My wife’s daily driver is a 23 year old 75. We’ve owned both for years and both have six digit mileages. A real testimony to the quality of these cars.
As soon as we got into my 75 which had been standing at the airport for the duration of our trip my wife immediately said “Smell the leather.” The walnut dash with those classic dials. The leather steering wheel.
Once driving home, without question, the comfort of those 75 blue leather seats exceeded anything we sat on during the trip and the knarl from the 2.5 v6 when you push it on a bit. Fantastic. You could say we missed the 75 a great deal. How much are these cars underrated? Like I say. Those who know, know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

planenut 20th March 2024 07:16

Nice, very true.

BRG75 20th March 2024 08:54

A friend of mine, who now owns my old 75 club SE does occasional work for a wealthy man.

Driving him to a car restorer, to collect one of his collection, he was amazed at the 75, and claimed that it really was as smooth as his Rolls Royce.

Underrated indeed.

SD1too 20th March 2024 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC66 (Post 2991534)
As soon as we got into my 75 which had been standing at the airport for the duration of our trip ...

For a horrible moment Duncan I thought you were going to say that the battery was flat ... !
:eek: ;)

Simon

bl52krz 20th March 2024 19:42

[COLOR="Blue"]Would love to drive through France and Italy again, as we did in 2006, but in my Rover 220sd[ diesel.. over 3,000 miles in three weeks, but in my Rover 75 diesel. No problems, just fill up and drive. Made some friends as far down in Italy as Agropoli. Still in contact with them.Even stayed with the Lord Mayor of Sassello. Aaahhh memories. /COLOR]

TBennet 21st March 2024 13:21

Aren't these old rovers great? Yep, I like 'em too :}

But as rover 75/ZT owners, I don't think we are sat on a horse quite high enough to be able to go around smugly saying "those who know, know".

You'd be laughed off other forums for saying that, including by people who have driven or owned Rover 75s.

Mine is, generally speaking, in pretty good nick, and only ("only") 80,000 miles. I've just had my first child and may have to sell up at some point since I no longer have much time to crawl around underneath it fixing things anymore.

planenut 21st March 2024 15:01

My beast, a 1.8T Tourer in British Racing Green, pearlescent, is temporarily parked in the road opposite, one of a dozen or so vehicles I can see from my lounge. I have looked at it many times parked over there. Quite, nay, very, tidy, after a bash up to Suffolk and back yesterday, and a brilliant drive, and with all that chrome. I think they're great. (Even Tony would agree!)

torque2me 22nd March 2024 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBennet (Post 2991687)
Mine is, generally speaking, in pretty good nick, and only ("only") 80,000 miles. I've just had my first child and may have to sell up at some point since I no longer have much time to crawl around underneath it fixing things anymore.

I know everyone's different but I would have that "card up my sleeve" when the going gets tough. ;-)
Kev