The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Holiday Posts (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294927)

gazcaz 14th April 2019 18:24

Holiday Posts

Admin would it be possible to have a holiday post ? Just so we can share some of the places we have visited.Maybe it will help others deciding if they may want to visit there or not ?

I know there's trip adviser etc but maybe a bit more personal within the group and we can ask questions etc...Only an idea don't shoot me down..:D

trikey 14th April 2019 18:28

Good idea :bowdown::bowdown:

jackatesme 14th April 2019 19:14

Is this with car or without. At the moment sitting on balcony of my room at the Carona Del Mar in the nice part of Benidorm. Watching the sunset after a day of 26 deg. Been here for 2 days,not had my Sex On The Beach,yet.:D
Hotel i would recommend highly.:}:}

Rickoshea 15th April 2019 15:59

I assume lots of members here are pensioners and therefore should be spending lots of time planning holidays. To show my own commitment to this endeavour, we have a long weekend planned for Glasgow later in the month (very exotic travel!) followed by a trip to the mid West of the US in July, a break in Lisbon in September and then a trip to the Far East in November. The side effect of all this travelling means we will retain our Silver status with BA and thus have lounge access even when flying Third Class on short haul flights. So many fantastic places to see and so little time!

keithst24 15th April 2019 17:39

Wifey and I are off to Bidford on Avon for the Easter break :D nice few days with our Daughter and her good fellow.
No Summer Holiday booked as yet.

gazcaz 15th April 2019 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2726747)
Is this with car or without. At the moment sitting on balcony of my room at the Carona Del Mar in the nice part of Benidorm. Watching the sunset after a day of 26 deg. Been here for 2 days,not had my Sex On The Beach,yet.:D
Hotel i would recommend highly.:}:}

Either i jut thought it would be a good idea ..

MSS 15th April 2019 18:20

As I am now retired, every day is a holiday! :}

Just taken 4 days to cut the grass that would normally have taken two 11-hour days at the weekend followed by a week of recuperation at work.

People should try staying at home for a holiday - it's great!

:D

klarzy 15th April 2019 22:46

Saved for 3 years.. popped more on a holiday than my last 4 cars combined... flew business class to Kingston and spent 10 days in the Beaches resort in Ocho Rios on the north east coast of Jamaica.
Swam with Dolphins, climbed Dunns river falls, spent the day snorkelling on a party catamaran, went up a mountain on a 150 foot high chair lift, zip wired back down, bobsled like cool running, woke at dawn and swam on the sea.
Drank pina coladas all day and ate the best food whenever we wanted...

Best 10 days of our lives...

Already saving to go back...

Stunning... just stunning

roverbarmy 16th April 2019 09:01

Bill the burglar just loves reading posts online when folks go on holiday! Especially those who post pics on Farcebook of everything in their lounge, garage, workshop etc. :eek: I have relatives on "The Force" ! Does it show? ;)

MSS 16th April 2019 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2727091)
Bill the burglar just loves reading posts online when folks go on holiday! Especially those who post pics on Farcebook of everything in their lounge, garage, workshop etc. :eek: I have relatives on "The Force" ! Does it show? ;)

Ok, Sherlock, how would Bill the burglar know someone's address and movements from their holiday pictures posted on a forum after returning from holiday?

Besides, my family always say that the reason we have never been burgled is that looking at the age pf my cars, no burglar would ever consider that there was anything worth stealing in the house.

Another good reason for driving Rovers! :}

MSS 16th April 2019 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2727057)
Saved for 3 years.. popped more on a holiday than my last 4 cars combined... flew business class to Kingston and spent 10 days in the Beaches resort in Ocho Rios on the north east coast of Jamaica.
Swam with Dolphins, climbed Dunns river falls, spent the day snorkelling on a party catamaran, went up a mountain on a 150 foot high chair lift, zip wired back down, bobsled like cool running, woke at dawn and swam on the sea.
Drank pina coladas all day and ate the best food whenever we wanted...

Best 10 days of our lives...

Already saving to go back...

Stunning... just stunning

You could have just driven 60 miles down the A14 to to Felixstowe and had the same amount of fun! :D

roverbarmy 16th April 2019 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2727093)
Ok, Sherlock, how would Bill the burglar know someone's address and movements from their holiday pictures posted on a forum after returning from holiday?

I'm not going to post that on an open forum. Facebook and forum pics and descriptions are full of clues. Trust me, I'm a docker. Or am I? Just be very careful out there in cyberworld. Big Brother and others will be watching you! Take care, Mike.;)

klarzy 16th April 2019 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2727094)
You could have just driven 60 miles down the A14 to to Felixstowe and had the same amount of fun! :D

No... not really...

gazcaz 16th April 2019 17:58

Christ sake this was suppose to be share experiences of being somewhere, not telling the world your away at mo rob me,,, Jesus!!!!!:getmecoat:

roverbarmy 16th April 2019 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2727241)
Christ sake this was suppose to be share experiences of being somewhere, not telling the world your away at mo rob me,,, Jesus!!!!!:getmecoat:

Excellent. We went to the Imperial Hotel in Kolymbia last year. First class throughout. Went to The Grand Mediterraneo in Ermones, Corfu. Also first class. Both were Tui for adults only. Not that I have anything against kids. I just prefer peace and quiet. There are lots of complaints about Tui on T'internet but I have never had a problem. Travelling from a small local airport helps a lot, even though you may pay a premium for the experience. I also travel early or late season to avoid the crowds and stifling heat!!! ;)

gazcaz 16th April 2019 18:22

Ive just got back from Venice and loved it.If you have never been and you love boats as i do and the buildings and history cannot rate it enough.Clean ,tidy,safe,police around ,1litre of White wine similar to Pinot £1.80.

Gondola ride was very chilled and relaxing and the great fun..We stayed at the Rialto Unique,fab service and staff..

https://www.rialtohotel.com/

Hopeso13 16th April 2019 19:29

I have been visiting Thailand for the last 6 years spending between 4 and 6 weeks each time touring around the country on motorbikes.
Brilliant place to visit though just a tad dangerous place to ride a motorbike around.

Yes it has a tawdry reputation in certain parts of the country but once out of the flesh pot areas you would be hard pushed to find friendlier people or nicer country to visit.

I'm pushing 60 and I just love it.

klarzy 16th April 2019 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2727091)

I would not post while on holiday.. that would be stupid, I posted when I came home as I am not a moron..

klarzy 16th April 2019 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazcaz (Post 2727255)
Ive just got back from Venice and loved it.If you have never been and you love boats as i do and the buildings and history cannot rate it enough.Clean ,tidy,safe,police around ,1litre of White wine similar to Pinot £1.80.

Gondola ride was very chilled and relaxing and the great fun..We stayed at the Rialto Unique,fab service and staff..

https://www.rialtohotel.com/

It's a nice place to look at, but the smell in high summer... ooohhh. The gondola rides can be over 100 euros and the al fresco coffee over 40....

roverbarmy 17th April 2019 11:34

Just had a look at the weather for Majorca. A yellow warning for wind! Must keep off the bean salad! :D

madeupname 17th April 2019 11:54

Having recently retired I can scurry off anytime I wish too.
However, I need new floor in the kitchen including damp proofing and fitted kitchen, replace front room wood frame window with stone, put a new ceiling in the front bedroom and find a fitted bedroom to put in it, build a garden wall and fill in the rest with new topsoil, finish off replastering in the attic which also needs a new handrail fitted, and then there's the cars to maintain and upgrade where possible, learn to play my new electric guitar.
Doesn't look like I'll be getting away anytime soon :D

MSS 17th April 2019 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2727357)
It's a nice place to look at, but the smell in high summer... ooohhh. The gondola rides can be over 100 euros and the al fresco coffee over 40....

Another point in favour of Felixstowe - no objectionable smells and the gondola ride out to Shotley & back is about £5.50. Coffee costs less than £2. ;):}

roverbarmy 17th April 2019 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2727472)
Another point in favour of Felixstowe - no objectionable smells and the gondola ride out to Shotley & back is about £5.50. Coffee costs less than £2. ;):}

............ and with the weather forecast for sun and 25 degrees C over the weekend, why bother going abroad?:shrug:

slovcan 18th April 2019 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeupname (Post 2727462)
Having recently retired I can scurry off anytime I wish too.
However, I need new floor in the kitchen including damp proofing and fitted kitchen, replace front room wood frame window with stone, put a new ceiling in the front bedroom and find a fitted bedroom to put in it, build a garden wall and fill in the rest with new topsoil, finish off replastering in the attic which also needs a new handrail fitted, and then there's the cars to maintain and upgrade where possible, learn to play my new electric guitar.
Doesn't look like I'll be getting away anytime soon :D

I need a vacation after reading that! :eek:

jackatesme 18th April 2019 13:23

Just been on a local bus trip from one end of Benidorm to the other. There is no way i would put the 75 through the chaos of narrow streets and congestion.:D
The bus drivers here, must have nerves of steel. :D

roverbarmy 19th April 2019 15:51

Just had a look at Majorca live cam and am glad I stayed at home!
https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/we...a-alcudia.html

Rickoshea 22nd April 2019 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeso13 (Post 2727282)
I have been visiting Thailand for the last 6 years spending between 4 and 6 weeks each time touring around the country on motorbikes.
Brilliant place to visit though just a tad dangerous place to ride a motorbike around.

Yes it has a tawdry reputation in certain parts of the country but once out of the flesh pot areas you would be hard pushed to find friendlier people or nicer country to visit.

I'm pushing 60 and I just love it.

If you like Thailand, I would recommend you try their neighbours. We have visited Burma, Cambodia (twice), Vietnam (twice) Laos (praised by Jeremy Clarkson in this week's Sunday Times!), Malaysia (3 times), Singapore (too many times to count). Further afield Hong Hong and wider China are also great adventures. Bali is a delight but it is rather an Australian Benidorm but inland is beauiful. We have "done" Thailand 4 times with the first two with the kids in the 1980s! We are around our mid 70s and feel the need to travel as far as I can for as long as I can. When we get too old for long haul flights I suspect we will take up cruising but hope that is 20 years away!