The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Still having sat nav troubles (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=245367)

thomas 75 connie 22nd May 2016 22:58

Still having sat nav troubles

As above still having the trouble with the old sat nav.
Im thinking of biting the bullet and buying a mk3 drive.

The problem I have is sometimes it works well and will take me to my destination but other times it veers off course. I have a tomtom but would rather have the original item working.

Could it be the antenna on the car making it go funny or is it the drive itself?

Thanks in advance Thomas

MN190 22nd May 2016 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie (Post 2294577)
As above still having the trouble with the old sat nav.
Im thinking of biting the bullet and buying a mk3 drive.

The problem I have is sometimes it works well and will take me to my destination but other times it veers off course. I have a tomtom but would rather have the original item working.

Could it be the antenna on the car making it go funny or is it the drive itself?

Thanks in advance Thomas

When it veers off course is it still picking up the satellites?
Its also worth checking the wheel sensor connection hasn't come loose.
The wheel sensor should keep it on course until it gets a satellite signal again.
Given a choice I would try changing the antenna first as its the cheapest option.

thomas 75 connie 22nd May 2016 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN190 (Post 2294583)
When it veers off course is it still picking up the satellites?
Its also worth checking the wheel sensor connection hasn't come loose.
The wheel sensor should keep it on course until it gets a satellite signal again.
Given a choice I would try changing the antenna first as its the cheapest option.

Thanks for your advice.

I dont think the little stars are showing when it goes off course.

Do the later models have the antennas built into the unit as mine is the oldest one so has a trimble unit aswell.

Thanks again Thomas

ZedTeeTee 22nd May 2016 23:35

With a MKIII drive you won't need the trimble thomas, so it at least eliminates a potential cause of the problem. If you then get a MKIII drive and the issue remains, you know to look at the gps receiver on the parcel shelf.

I've just had to replace the shark fin on the tourer - had the odd occasion where I went "off map" and then it failed totally - had the "recerr" and only fixed it with a replacement antenna.

thomas 75 connie 22nd May 2016 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZedTeeTee (Post 2294587)
With a MKIII drive you won't need the trimble thomas, so it at least eliminates a potential cause of the problem. If you then get a MKIII drive and the issue remains, you know to look at the gps receiver on the parcel shelf.

I've just had to replace the shark fin on the tourer - had the odd occasion where I went "off map" and then it failed totally - had the "recerr" and only fixed it with a replacement antenna.

Thankyou I have a mk3 drive in the garage but it doesnt work.

I will have to find a good one and fit it and give it a try.
Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it:}

MN190 22nd May 2016 23:41

I don't think the newer units have the antenna built into them its the trimble unit that is built into them.
Both the MK3 and Mk4 nav computers still have the antenna connected.

thomas 75 connie 22nd May 2016 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN190 (Post 2294589)
I don't think the newer units have the antenna built into them its the trimble unit that is built into them.
Both the MK3 and Mk4 nav computers still have the antenna connected.

Ahh thanks thats cleared that bit up.
Thing is I could easily change it for an aftermarket double din but I am stubborn as I want it to look as original as possible.

Thanks again Thomas