The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Traders with a T4 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201841)

Nickymousecymru 10th February 2015 06:36

t4 south wales

hi all...do you know of a T4 service in south wales. I did find eurorover online but couldnt get a reply via email...thanks

Jules 10th February 2015 08:00

What's your symptoms Nicky ?

Nickymousecymru 10th February 2015 10:28

hi Jules,
Nothing serious really. I bought my typoon mk1 cdi last june and its been great. I did fit the top hose thermostat which was great for about 6 weeks and then i had a massive overheat which caused me some panic. I removed the stat and topped up and seemed to top up regualrly for a while but thats settled down (not convinced I didnt have an air block to be honest) although I am running at about 58 degrees so i think i'll go for the more elegant thermostat housing method maybe. I get the airbag warning on the centre instrument pack screen at start up but that goes so im guessing airbag connectors under seats. Not sure to the condition of my MAF but the car has done 121000 miles and i have lot of service history but nothing relating to MAF. MPG isnt great (its an auto) south wales to London last week got me 45MPG but otherwise its around 38MPG and to be honest I'd like to see if anything else needs planning in because I love the car actually inside and out. Oh and I think the resistor on the fan needs changing as when my aircon is on its like a tornado! I have read some of your stuff Jules and to be honest if you was closer to Mountain Ash I may have been making the trip!

Mike Noc 10th February 2015 11:08

That is about the same mpg I get from Mrs Noc's Auto Nicky. On the same motorway route my manual comes in at 52 mpg.

The Auto is a more relaxing drive though. :D

Nickymousecymru 10th February 2015 11:10

i do love the auto i must say...i had an e class (02 plate) before this though and it was lots better fuel wise i must say...the only draw back really

Jules 10th February 2015 12:32

Nick those Auto MPG figures agree perfectly with the user manual (approx 8 less than a manual due to the inherent internal friction and losses through the Jatco and torque converter) so I doubt if you will improve on that.

Folk travel here from much further away than you and combine it wirh a nice day or two out in Sunny North Wales ;)

vindaloo 10th February 2015 14:29

Nothing wrong with that fuel consumption on an Auto, I wish I could get that much particularly this weather and mine is in 'rude' health..

Nickymousecymru 10th February 2015 21:24

Quite impressive with a thermostat reading of around 55 then lol

Phil th Barrow 14th February 2015 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 1915420)
Nick those Auto MPG figures agree perfectly with the user manual (approx 8 less than a manual due to the inherent internal friction and losses through the Jatco and torque converter) so I doubt if you will improve on that.

Folk travel here from much further away than you and combine it wirh a nice day or two out in Sunny North Wales ;)

I hole heartedly agree its worth th travel to Jules. I went on Fri and will go again. Its actually saved me a future fortune. Air con pump would have over heated if id not had 100 watt resister fitted. Plus th power steering pump hose was wearing threw th air con pipe:eek:. Never mind th head light N/S wiring mod and bonnet pull connection to name but a few. Id make th effort. You wont be disappointed.
Phil

COLVERT 28th February 2015 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickymousecymru (Post 1915219)
hi all...do you know of a T4 service in south wales. I did find eurorover online but couldnt get a reply via email...thanks

Look in the WALES section on the forum. There's a Welsh T4 owner offering his services there.

Colvert.-:D