The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Photography Corner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Out of Africa continued (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=113981)

MrDoodles 11th July 2012 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 1051955)
Some great shots there Phil. I really like the Egrets and Elephants.

Yeah, but they don't half make a mess of your lawn! :D

spyder 11th July 2012 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1020083)
Were you a Game Keeper or something Craig?

We spent a lot of time in the kruger, Pilansberg and Etosha pans. Having lived most of my life in Roodepoort near the "Cradle of humankind" and all the game reserves around there a lot of time was spent in reserves.
I also took a lot of school trips to the Eastern Transvaal (pre '95) and went to places not always open to the public. Even spent a week looking after a lion cub. A lot of weekens were spent at a number of game lodges in the Warmbaths area in Mpumalanga.

We have been charged by elaphants, Rhino and Hippo's, seen Rhino's fighting and our fair share of "kills".
I still use some of my photos of The Kruger and Namibia to teach geography here in the UK.

Thanks for all the lovely photos.:)

coolcat 11th July 2012 22:57

Some lovely shots there Phil, not jealous at all of the wildlife you have there;)

Leyland Worldmaster 12th July 2012 09:57

A beautiful cat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sworks (Post 1018750)
Great pics. One of mine for Mr leopard of a Jaguar
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4144/5...c8bd8a72aa.jpg
testing the water by Mark McGrady Photography, on Flickr

Thankyou very much Mr Sworks! Now a screensaver!

slydog 5th August 2012 14:03

mombasa

im off to mombasa tomorrow afternoon and ive just got a new camera . im now in the digital age lol just an entry level nikon d3100 . its seems like a good camera so il be taking plenty of shots in tsavo of the wonderfull animals

Rocket 5th August 2012 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by slydog (Post 1069871)
im off to mombasa tomorrow afternoon and ive just got a new camera . im now in the digital age lol just an entry level nikon d3100 . its seems like a good camera so il be taking plenty of shots in tsavo of the wonderfull animals

That Nikon should do fine. Did you get just the kit lens with it?

slydog 5th August 2012 15:44

lens kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket (Post 1069929)
That Nikon should do fine. Did you get just the kit lens with it?

i got the 55 lens plus i got a 55 200 lens . im afraid i know nada about this but im wanting to learn . i got it all together with an 8 gig card and a nice bag all for £499 wich i think was quite good .

Rocket 5th August 2012 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by slydog (Post 1069932)
i got the 55 lens plus i got a 55 200 lens . im afraid i know nada about this but im wanting to learn . i got it all together with an 8 gig card and a nice bag all for £499 wich i think was quite good .

That's just what the doctor ordered for starting out. It's a good entry level DSLR with a couple of lenses to cover for most occassons. If you just want to take a few snaps it will be fine for years and if you get keen you can add to it. If I remember that one has good video also.

slydog 5th August 2012 17:23

video

yes its full hd video seems like a nice camera i just gotta get brave and take it off of auto and start experimenting . well il post plenty of pics on here and no dought be asking advice etc . thanks for the interest

Gate Keeper 5th August 2012 23:26

Have a great trip! For difficult shots of game if you use the the HD video you can capture the images frame by frame for photo editing when you get back. For Internet go for a local safaricom sim card as safaricom is tied into Vodafone and gives the best coverage.