The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fabled Orange Clip (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=101716)

Auto-TaT 5th January 2012 21:01

Fabled Orange Clip

Ok, I can resist no longer. As a newbie, could someone please fill me in on what this Fabled Orange Clip is please? Is it a forum joke?

T-Cut 5th January 2012 21:44

Who would joke about the FOC? It fixes the single most common cause of non-starting petrol engines. It is the permanent cure for FFS.

If you want to learn more enter FFS or FOC in the Advanced Search system and read it all up.

TC

Ragman 5th January 2012 21:50

Petrol Engined cars - In tank fuel filter separates and fuel pressure drops - car won't start

Fit the 'FOC' and this prevents the filter coming apart - simples

It's no joke and i'd recommend checking it's been fitted

Astraeus 5th January 2012 22:16

No Joke Mate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragman (Post 891021)
Petrol Engined cars - In tank fuel filter separates and fuel pressure drops - car won't start

Fit the 'FOC' and this prevents the filter coming apart - simples

It's no joke and i'd recommend checking it's been fitted

Nope! No joke. This happened to mine just after I got her. Stumped the local garage. If not for this site I don't know waht would have happened. If yours is petrol get this done ASAP. Part available from Rimmers and costs very little.
Best to do it when tank nearly empty.

Chris :}

Auto-TaT 5th January 2012 22:16

Aha, thankyou. My car is a petrol so I shall go and use the search engine to find out what I am looking for.

Cheers.

T-Cut 5th January 2012 22:33

Only happens with late 2002-on I think. Before then, it was a different filter unit that couldn't separate. Garages have raked in thousands, probably hundreds of thousands from 75/ZT owners who suffered FFS. The garages simply worked by trial and error and the punter paid. Xpart sold thousands of fuel pumps that weren't needed and would never be needed. All for a 50p clip. They're £6 now of course.

TC

crofts 6th January 2012 02:34

Ffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 891097)
Only happens with late 2002-on I think. Before then, it was a different filter unit that couldn't separate. Garages have raked in thousands, probably hundreds of thousands from 75/ZT owners who suffered FFS. The garages simply worked by trial and error and the punter paid. Xpart sold thousands of fuel pumps that weren't needed and would never be needed. All for a 50p clip. They're £6 now of course.

TC

Or a strategically placed self tapper, if I remember correctly, but the orange clip is by far the better remedy

Auto-TaT 6th January 2012 06:07

Sorry, haven't searched yet as it was getting late last night. Is it internal to the tank?

pab 6th January 2012 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by crofts (Post 891150)
Or a strategically placed self tapper, if I remember correctly, but the orange clip is by far the better remedy

This is what I did when I suffered '' Fuel Filter Syndrome'' Later replaced by the orange clip.

Freebyrd 6th January 2012 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto-TaT (Post 891160)
Sorry, haven't searched yet as it was getting late last night. Is it internal to the tank?

Remove rear seat squab, find large metal plate on nearside floor, remove plate and find fuel pump underneath fitted into top of tank.