The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What are the best currently available: droplinks? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299600)

Gigagator 29th September 2019 20:02

What are the best currently available: droplinks?

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping well.

What are the best current brand of droplinks available for our cars as of today? Also, where can they be purchased?

Is it these ones currently available from DMGRS?

Reason I ask is that my 75 seems to chew through a pair every year. Not sure what brand are fitted at the moment as my regular garage sourced them but they usually fit good quality parts.

Wondering what ones I should buy to fit next as mine are rattling like a bag of marbles after my recent Scotland road trip.

Also hoping this thread might help others as I regularly read of members having knackered droplinks on here.

Thanks in advance.

Lee T 29th September 2019 20:31

Meyle HD ones appear well made and have a 4 year Guarantee. Only had mine 3 months but their working well so far.

spyder 29th September 2019 21:53

Cheapish ones and change them every year or two, but remove the boots before installing them and fill them with silicon grease.

Rp61973 29th September 2019 23:12

Meyle HD on mine. Been on since spring. No rumbling yet, fingers crossed. They do feel well made.

sewerman 29th September 2019 23:32

Lemforda from ECP did 35k and 3yrs on my tourer before 1 went

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Steven211 30th September 2019 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee T (Post 2765527)
Meyle HD ones appear well made and have a 4 year Guarantee. Only had mine 3 months but their working well so far.

I was about to suggest them, I had them on a Civic I used to own, the Civic boys swear by them.

Lee T 30th September 2019 10:49

For the price, they are decent. Even the rubber boots look and feel quality, best of all there was an ample amount of grease inside them. If I get 3 years out of them I'll be happy.

Coups 30th September 2019 13:34

This question is one I'm really interested in! I bought a cheap set and they lasted 11 months. So I splashed out an an expensive set, they lasted less than that. Both sets had additional grease added. What I'm getting at is that I'm not sure the cost is a true reflection of quality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gigagator 30th September 2019 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coups (Post 2765667)
This question is one I'm really interested in! I bought a cheap set and they lasted 11 months. So I splashed out an an expensive set, they lasted less than that. Both sets had additional grease added. What I'm getting at is that I'm not sure the cost is a true reflection of quality.

Agreed. But I'm willing to give these Lemforder ones a go based on recommendations.

I was starting to lean towards Spyder's advice and just buy cheap ones and swap them out yearly as part of a service but to be honest, I'd rather avoid the hassle.

Thanks all for the recommendations.

Gigagator 30th September 2019 15:52

For the record of the thread, I thought the below information would be useful to any fellow prospective droplink purchasers:

For the Lemforder droplinks:

Part number: 35046 01
EAN number: 4047437368118

Figured collating the above in this thread may speed up users searching for the part.

A pair can be had on eBay for around £30 - £35 which seems reasonable so I will order some up.

Many thanks