The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Breakdown cover (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299497)

RPWC 25th September 2019 22:15

Breakdown cover

Recommendations please, tried AA ,bot good service. Rac , had 1 lot of good service but wife had terrible response from them 2 months ago, kept eaiting over 6 hours. Plus they hav:De increased the premium by £46 for nothing, so time to say goodbye.
Been on price comparison sites and can get personal or vehicle cover for about £50 but it means having two policies 1 for the car and 2 drivers and one for the van with 2 drivers

roverbarmy 25th September 2019 22:19

I've had breakdown and recovery cover for around 25 years and have never used it. I should have saved my money and just paid for it at cost when I needed it!:shrug:

Dorset Bob 25th September 2019 23:45

Worth having a look at the Honest John reviews for the best Breakdown Companies for 2019 here

Dawn 26th September 2019 05:59

I have found swapping back and forth is the only way to avoid crazy price hikes even with not having a call out.

coab 26th September 2019 06:10

Friend of mine blew a tyre in his wifes Merc A class and it has no spare wheel. Rang the RAC and it took 4 hours to turn up. He had to leave his car and the RAC chap took him into town 10 miles away to get a new tyre fitted and then take him back. The RAC guy said thats all they do these days is shuttle people around who have no spare wheels and it takes up 90% of the day.
He did have a universal wheel but they are only allowed to lend them at times when tyre places are closed! He lent one to a chap who swore he would give it back the next day. He never answered the guys calls when asking for it back and 3 weeks later he was spotted with it still on his car tearing around like an idiot!:duh:

FLYING BANANA 26th September 2019 06:19

Following on my breakdown a week or so ago I have now rejoined the AA. The original breakdown policy came with the car insurance and up to last week have been very good. But the saga which involved 3 mechanics, 4 flatbeds and the help of the traffic officers left no option but to go back to the AA.

RPWC 26th September 2019 06:35

Anyone had experience of Green Flag?

Dawn 26th September 2019 06:54

They really dont want older cars from what I found..

Canonite 26th September 2019 07:13

Best of just insuring yourself as a driver. Mention the car and the premium will be huge to push you away

SCP440 26th September 2019 07:38

With older vehicles you are better having personal cover.

Green flag can be a nightmare if you need recovery from a long way from home.