The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Chrysler 300C (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=279126)

mystabe 7th February 2018 10:57

Chrysler 300C

I was on the motorway on Sunday and a 'wedgewood' coloured car moved behind me, I looked in the mirror and at first I thought it was a 75 with a Premium grill. That actually looks quite nice I thought but something about it didn't look quite right, when I turned off it overtook me and it was actually a 300C, you usually only see black or silver ones and I actually had no idea they came in that colour :drool4:

It had a mesh grill rather than the usual rather unsubtle one mind you - actually looked rather good.

keithst24 7th February 2018 11:42

I do like those...fancy a Hemi V8 one day :D

vacuman 7th February 2018 12:42

Most you see these days are the diesels.

Close friends of ours have a black V8 estate - auto of course. 11 years old and loaded with every extra, just 55,000 on the clock.

It rarely does more than 20mpg but as it has no significant resale value they believe it's a lot cheaper to keep it and pay the fuel and tax than to buy a new comparable car (Audi, BMW, Jag???).

Sheraton 7th February 2018 12:51

:cool: I do like a 300C - a nice tourer/estate accelerated past me while i was at a bus stop a while back - it sounded so nice (V8) i've been keen ever since ;)

Paul.

Mertens34 7th February 2018 13:10

Love the 300C

When i wanted to buy a car (Sedan). I was either going to buy the Crysler 300C or the Rover 75.

I like the looks of the 300C more (with a bentley grill) but the fuel efficiency is just bad. + the interior doesnt look half as good as the Rover 75 interior.

Thats why i eventually went with the Rover 75.

dbt01 7th February 2018 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mertens34 (Post 2593186)
... I like the looks of the 300C more (with a bentley grill) but the fuel efficiency is just bad. + the interior doesnt look half as good as the Rover 75 interior...

That's why I went for the 75 V8. Took me over 3 years to find an affordable one in NL though; you've most probably seen her around in pretty IAE Chatsworth & Vortex's, like the Geneva show car.

Never driven a 300C or it's Dodge equivalent, but I hear that the auto gearbox leaves something to be desired. It does have plenty of room inside and looks good too I think. Certain that the R75V8 handling will be a bunch better though, consumption too (bit better than 1 on 9 km/litre on a run with my R75V8) ... and all that sumptuous leather and (pretend) tree-wood as well!

David

SCP440 7th February 2018 15:56

I have a customer who had a V8 for about 2 years, mechanically repairs are surprisingly cheap but bodywork and trim was crazily expensive. He needed a new front bumper as a rabbit decided to do a suicide jump in front and he was expecting £500 maybe even £800 but when he enquired he was told £2300 :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Luckily he found a used one the bay of plenty but even that was nearly £500 but it was the correct colour.

marinabrian 7th February 2018 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBytheway (Post 2593192)
Certain that the R75V8 handling will be a bunch better though

David

Perhaps not David, I've driven both ;)

Mind you the Chrysler is a plug ugly gangstermobile, so at least you have the nice sound of the Ford V8, along with the nice shape of the 75 :D

Brian :cool:

fandango151 8th February 2018 07:48

I moved from my 75 to a 3.5 v6 which I converted to run on lpg. 2 years ago 26k with history (non dealer) for £4900.

Gearbox is better than the jatco but less reliable electronics inside the thing! The early v8s dropped valve seats but my v6 drinks oil compared to mgr products (it heads through the pcv from what I see despite new ones) so you win some you lose some.

Beautifully comfortable, mine is whisper quiet and it pushes you along but refuses to go round a corner. Looks and safety (had a run in with an artic and survived well). If you like a 75 and don't mind tinkering / waiting for parts from USA - available in UK but cost makes importing far cheaper. Interior is very well layed out but man alive the rattles from the dash etc soon show.

Beware using as a daily runner, with lpg 50mpg equivalent is good- works car parks are too small and when it has a hiccup you may end up waiting for parts and support is slim. For ease of parts, depth of knowledge mgr products win - Chrysler is being kept but new 80 mile round trip commute is a Kia Rio 1.1 crdi! Chrysler were very similar to rover group - nice cars troubled by German masters. Btw they are all euro 4 or above iirc.

Dallas 8th February 2018 08:53

They certainly give a strong presence on the roads, quite aggressive looking. :D
I've nearly bought a 300c on a few occasions, but after the Voyager and PT cruiser I've owned, I thought better of it.
But, if I came across a good one at the right price, I reckon I would say yes... :D

DorsetBob on here owns a 300C.

I also quite like the Chrysler Spitfire, some stylish classic styling for little money. :eek: