The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dad's Car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=153139)

rich17865 19th July 2013 21:37

Dad's Car

Some of you may know my dad, he is registered on the forum under the name Horse, he is not a particularly active user as he is very busy and doesn't get this modern technology stuff.

I have my dad's 75 for a week or so as I am taking it up to Marinabrian for a new IPK to be fitted and a little fettling.

While I have it, I thought it would be nice to improve it for him.

It is a Y registered connoisseur SE diesel, so was on the cusp of project drive with some of the better parts and some of the project drive parts. I Have already done the important things like the fan resistor, EGR bypass, PCV valve, o-rings both on the intercooler and the coolant cap, rear windscreen seal, rear lights and waist trim leaks, new number plate light unit and all the other usual stuff.

I have got to fix his electric rear blind as it is folded up in a heap on the parcel shelf.

The aircon is pathetic, managing to cool just 4C below ambient temperature while stationary so I will get it regassed as the condenser appears to be in good condition.

I know he would like a walnut wheel, as he is always commenting on mine, his gearknob is worn and cracked a little so it would be nice to get a new one. The sill carpet trims have been screwed on in the past and could do with replacing

So does anyone have any other suggestions that might be nice?? Budget is not massive, and he is not fussed on things like xenons, alloys or powerfolds.

More to the point does anyone have any of those parts for sale?

Thomas 19th July 2013 21:38

How about a nice set of floor mats, instantly freshen the look of a car's interior

rich17865 19th July 2013 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1366565)
How about a nice set of floor mats, instantly freshen the look of a car's interior

Already some fitted :getmecoat:

I forgot to add that vindaloo has already offered up two bare mirror housings to replace the damaged pair on it.

Thomas 19th July 2013 21:40

Ah sorry Rich, was a good idea at the time :getmecoat::D

FrazzleTC 19th July 2013 21:41

Sounds like a nice car! Perhaps some Rover C-pillar badges? I'd be inclined to offer to clean the car to a high standard for him, so that it looks as good as it possible can!

rich17865 19th July 2013 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrazzleTC (Post 1366575)
Sounds like a nice car! Perhaps some Rover C-pillar badges? I'd be inclined to offer to clean the car to a high standard for him, so that it looks as good as it possible can!

He has owned it for several years and I can count the number of times it has been cleaned on two fingers, both times by me :o

It had the c-pillar trims fitted from the factory, but not the embossed headrests, you can tell from looking at it that they had started to use the new project drive parts but were still using up what was left.:confused:

It is in a non metallic colour 'Damson Red' which is a little unusual too, I must ask Reebs for the build information on his car, dad is a paid up member after all :D

stocktake 19th July 2013 21:47

Get Brian to remap it, the look your dads face as he shoots up the lane will be priceless :D :D :D

rich17865 19th July 2013 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 1366584)
Get Brian to remap it, the look your dads face as he shoots up the lane will be priceless :D :D :D

It certainly was, it was done at the North West Charity Event without him knowing!

As he is far from a speed demon :driving:, all I get now is many stories about how many MPG he is getting :D

pab 19th July 2013 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich17865 (Post 1366598)

all I get now is many stories about how many MPG he is getting :D

Typical Diesel owner then. :)

1gp 19th July 2013 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 1366604)
Typical Diesel owner then. :)

ya not far wrong there lol.:D