The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Reversing Light Switch location for Automatic??? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=255587)

Frogmella 27th October 2016 13:52

Reversing Light Switch location for Automatic???

My reversing lights have never worked since I got the car.

I've been trying to remove my reversing light switch so I can see what type I have to buy (I believe there are two types), trouble is, I can't find it.

The HowTo refers to a manual car and therefore the layout is different to my automatic. Nonetheless, I've got the n/s wheel off and can't see anything like the manual box switch or cable from under there. In Haynes (God bless him and keep him) while the switch removal is detailed in Chapter 7A (Manual Transmission), there is no mention of a reversing switch in Chapter 7B (Automatic Transmission).

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Can anyone throw some light on this for me? Thanks in advance?

daznkel 27th October 2016 14:22

There is no switch on the autobox.

I believe the reverse lamps are lit via the selector switch, then via a relay in the passenger fuse box (R1) I think. :}

May also be worth checking fuse 23 (5A) also.

Frogmella 27th October 2016 14:40

Lol. Do you know if I'm suppposed to have indicator lights alongside my gear selector showing what gear I'm in. All I have is the dashboard display?

klarzy 27th October 2016 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogmella (Post 2387307)
Lol. Do you know if I'm suppposed to have indicator lights alongside my gear selector showing what gear I'm in. All I have is the dashboard display?

Yes you should...

Frogmella 27th October 2016 15:52

So, no reversing lights and no gear selected lights, fuse 23 is OK.

Haynes (God bless him and keep him) says you just put the stick to "N" and give it a sharp pull to get the gearknob off, tried that, wouldn't budge, is he right or has the design changed?

Greeners 27th October 2016 15:57

Put it in N and pull straight up. Mind your face and the interior mirror

klarzy 27th October 2016 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogmella (Post 2387369)
So, no reversing lights and no gear selected lights, fuse 23 is OK.

Haynes (God bless him and keep him) says you just put the stick to "N" and give it a sharp pull to get the gearknob off, tried that, wouldn't budge, is he right or has the design changed?

That wont do anything... :shrug:

Frogmella 27th October 2016 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2387376)
That wont do anything... :shrug:

Obviously a man of few words.

klarzy 27th October 2016 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogmella (Post 2387450)
Obviously a man of few words.

If you have nothing to say, say nothing

Frogmella 27th October 2016 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy (Post 2387452)
If you have nothing to say, say nothing

But why post at all if you're not going to help?