The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The Midlands (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Meet Ideas (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71030)

Jake 21st October 2010 16:54

Meet Ideas

Please use this thread to nominate ideas for meet venues!:}

Cheers,

Jake

woolleysox 23rd October 2010 10:36

Another possible meet?

Hi jake

Just spotted over on the 260 site MG show and spares day at Stoneleigh Sunday 20/02/2011 again plenty of notice sounds like a goodun Rob:D www.mg-show.co.uk advance bookig £8+£1 booking fee entrance from 08.30 on the gate £12 entry from 10.00 under £16 free

windrush 23rd October 2010 11:03

Thats not a bad venue either

Wolves 75 23rd October 2010 11:25

Another idea

I was thinking about this, and thought the National Motorcycle Museum would be a decent event, they have other car clubs there, so should not be a problem for an easily orgainised meet

http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk/

Any thoughts....:)

woolleysox 24th October 2010 00:52

WE COULD DO ALL OF UM:D I agree the motorbike musem is well worth a visit so would make a very good meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolves 75 (Post 605504)
I was thinking about this, and thought the National Motorcycle Museum would be a decent event, they have other car clubs there, so should not be a problem for an easily orgainised meet

ardvark 24th October 2010 19:11

I agree with the motorcyle museum idea. As another suggestion about these meets, hows about a meet with a "T4" for members with probs need solving?

Bernard LPG 24th October 2010 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardvark (Post 606224)
I agree with the motorcyle museum idea. As another suggestion about these meets, hows about a meet with a "T4" for members with probs need solving?

That's one of the features of the Wolverhampton 'nano-meets'. :D

windrush 30th October 2010 12:10

Another idea for a meet from a southerner How about the Tram museum at Crick

woolleysox 30th October 2010 12:30

Great venue however some of us would have a problem leaving were so old they would think we are part of the museum:D

d evans 7th November 2010 13:36

count me in

a very good venue have been before count me in:getmecoat:

Corwen 7th November 2010 14:47

slightly off the subject, but a few weeks ago me and the mrs went to mc arthur glenn a retail park just off junc 28 m1, there was a mini club org having a meet on the frontage, not a mini man myself but as it was cars had a nosy, on the end of the line[ last car] was a bucket for donations to cancer, thought that was a good idea, not saying it has to be a cancer related , any charity would be nice, i did notice they had collected a good amount. only a suggestion

James.uk 7th November 2010 16:12

Once you have been to a few meets you get a bit bored with looking at our cars, so do the family's. :o

We need to seek out venues that are good for wives, children, and friends, if we don't, then long term the attendances at meets will drop right off.. :shrug:

Museums are OK but don't limit them to cars n motorbikes.. In my opinion, country parks with water, boats, cafés, play areas, rides etc are the ideal meeting places.. :bowdown:

I have also found that at large meetings, people break up into small groups and it becomes very difficult to find specific people you may want to meet and talk with... :shrug:

Jake 7th November 2010 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 613039)
Once you have been to a few meets you get a bit bored with looking at our cars, so do the family's. :o

We need to seek out venues that are good for wives, children, and friends, if we don't, then long term the attendances at meets will drop right off.. :shrug:

Museums are OK but don't limit them to cars n motorbikes.. In my opinion, country parks with water, boats, cafés, play areas, rides etc are the ideal meeting places.. :bowdown:

I have also found that at large meetings, people break up into small groups and it becomes very difficult to find specific people you may want to meet and talk with... :shrug:

Hi James,

I agree wholeheartedly, which is why I hope to create meets either in a family friendly location, or where something a little different happens - i.e. a parade lap at Bruntingthorpe.

Clumber park worked well that Zeb organised, as it was a family friendly event.

RugbyRover 14th November 2010 15:53

Would like to see a meet at the Heritage Museum @ Gaydon Warwickshire.....

lowey 14th November 2010 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiesnow (Post 617408)
Would like to see a meet at the Heritage Museum @ Gaydon Warwickshire.....

The club had its national meet at Gaydon this year:getmecoat:

RugbyRover 16th November 2010 10:42

Does this happen every year?

Mr Edd 16th November 2010 13:39

Thinking about somewhere for a meet???

I enjoyed the convoy especially as we went through that town where all the police was watching us...

Can you imagine a long convoy of MG Rovers going down the promenade at Blackpool?

Should be enough there for the family and kids to do.

Oh and don't forget your bucket and spade.

Edd <Kiss-me-quick>:getmecoat:

J1MBO 16th November 2010 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Edd (Post 618731)
Thinking about somewhere for a meet???

I enjoyed the convoy especially as we went through that town where all the police was watching us...

Can you imagine a long convoy of MG Rovers going down the promenade at Blackpool?

Should be enough there for the family and kids to do.

Oh and don't forget your bucket and spade.

Edd <Kiss-me-quick>:getmecoat:

I had the same idea some time ago and mentioned it on the NW region forum - the secretary and a mod weren't too impressed, both said it would be a logistical nightmare. I think it's a goer.

Jim

Mr Edd 16th November 2010 18:31

Well I like the idea because I grew up in Lytham St Annes and Blackpool was my old stamping ground when I was a teenager...

http://www.mredd.me.uk/images/meage20asmall.jpg

Can you imagine the above at The Tower Ballroom :shrug:

Man that was a long time ago. :cool:

Edd

WIDE LOAD 16th November 2010 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Edd (Post 618731)
a long convoy down the promenade at Blackpool

Oh yes, I'd fancy that. Maybe stop over at the travelodge for an evening of shenanigans.

Morrisfan 17th November 2010 07:34

What about East Kirkby in Lincolnshire, where they house and run up the Lancaster bomber? They hold other events.

Jake 18th November 2010 21:43

Although not Midlands - there's no reason why we couldnt have one in Blackpool (better than Skegvegas!) - would have to be unofficial - as the criterion for it to be official - don't IMHO make it worthwhile.

Something like that would be good to do as an overnighter I think. Meet Saturday, have a few (cough) drinks and then something on the Sunday.

East Kirkby would be another good one - there was the All Rover Meeting there this July.

Although not a massive issue, but technically it is upto Brian (Actros) to organise meets in Lincolnshire - but I am sure we can do something! ;)

woolleysox 19th November 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrisfan (Post 619277)
What about East Kirkby in Lincolnshire, where they house and run up the Lancaster bomber? They hold other events.

We did that earlier this year a great day out and they started up the Lancaster now thats an awsome sound makes our v8s sound a bit pale by comparison,:D I would do that trip again.

backoboy 20th November 2010 15:14

Hi Jake, how about Newark Air Museum or Newstead Abbey, now that would be a beautiful backdrop for all our cars and the Abbey is well worth a look round.
pete.:D.

Jake 21st November 2010 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by backoboy (Post 621528)
Hi Jake, how about Newark Air Museum or Newstead Abbey, now that would be a beautiful backdrop for all our cars and the Abbey is well worth a look round.
pete.:D.

Newark Air Museum is down on my list. Newstead Abbey sounds great for one perhaps nexy year!:}

woolleysox 13th December 2010 13:44

motorbike museum on 19th Dec 2010 already have 20+ names you are welcome to join us :icon_razz:

I also like Mr Edds idea convoy down the front at Blackpool and I would be up for that one..:xmas-smiley-041:

starbug2 13th December 2010 15:49

i understand a mg lot drove along the sea front at blackpool , in the rain with their tops down :group:

woolleysox 13th December 2010 22:58

I will keep my sun roof closed:icon_razz::xmas-smiley-041:

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbug2 (Post 634219)
i understand a mg lot drove along the sea front at blackpool , in the rain with their tops down :group:

Jake 14th December 2010 01:15

I'm really keen on this Idea of Blackpool - why don't we have a chat about it this Sunday at the meet? :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Mr Edd 14th December 2010 18:39

Sounds good to me, I'd get a chance to pop to Lytham St Annes where I grew up.

BTW Can I suggest another venue. How about The Prescott Hill climb. I went a couple of years ago and they have sections cordoned off for different manufacturers. They did have one section for MG Rovers But I can't remember how many were there.

I took these photos to give you a feel for it... Click Me

It truly is a fantastic day out for the family.

Edd

starbug2 14th December 2010 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 634539)
I will keep my sun roof closed:icon_razz::xmas-smiley-041:

i haven't got one , but bev can go topless now ..... in her MGF :biggrinsanta:

woolleysox 14th December 2010 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeW89 (Post 634566)
I'm really keen on this Idea of Blackpool - why don't we have a chat about it this Sunday at the meet? :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Good idea jake look forward to that and Mr Edds idea sounds good, Next year is looking better n better for meets.:xmas-smiley-041: just think of the convoy up to Blackpool. Bit cold for topless but come on starbug keep it clean please:laugh:

bobgrice 14th December 2010 19:03

if you do blackpool you can join up with the north west mob
we can have a convoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

starbug2 14th December 2010 19:04

who's going to be rubber duck then:xmas-smiley-041:

Bernard LPG 14th December 2010 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Edd (Post 634830)
Sounds good to me, I'd get a chance to pop to Lytham St Annes where I grew up.

BTW Can I suggest another venue. How about The Prescott Hill climb. I went a couple of years ago and they have sections cordoned off for different manufacturers. They did have one section for MG Rovers But I can't remember how many were there.

I took these photos to give you a feel for it... Click Me

It truly is a fantastic day out for the family.

Edd

Yes, Prescott is a good day out, it's been a few years since I've been though. Just down the road for me too. :xmas-smiley-031:

Mr Edd 24th December 2010 11:29

I have just posted the following in the North West group as they are also looking into venues for meets.

Quote:

Although I now live in Shropshire I was born in Manchester and grew up in St Annes so I am interested in attending any of your meets. If you have a newsletter type thing that publicises these events could you include me in them.

I went to the Gretna meet earlier this year (2010) so the travelling doesn't bother me (I also lived in Oz for nearly 30 years). My only issue is the wife and I look after an invalid so on occasions I may have to drop out of a meet at short notice.

I must say the Bruntingthorpe meet was excellent and I am trying to suggest to the Midlands group that we try a meet at Blackpool or at The Prescott Hill Climb where they actively encourage car clubs to meet. They cordon sections off for manufacturers etc. The Bugatti museum is worth a visit and lots of market stalls and food venues there as well as the hill climbing entertainment. From memory the entrance is £10 per car.

To get a feel of the place take a look at these photos I took in 2009 Click Me

for more info on Prescott events and dates etc... Click Me

Edd
I think if we could pull off a meet at Prescott and they joined in as well it could be a fantastic day out for all the family.

Edd

PS I have written to the Bugatti Car club for costings etc.

J1MBO 24th December 2010 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Edd (Post 639679)
I have just posted the following in the North West group as they are also looking into venues for meets.

I think if we could pull off a meet at Prescott and they joined in as well it could be a fantastic day out for all the family.

Edd

Hi Edd

Posted on the NW area in answer to your question - we don't have a regional secretary at the moment as Richard stood down after he sold his ZT.

Cheers
Jim

woolleysox 19th January 2011 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeW89 (Post 604554)

Cheers,

Jake

French Weekend at precott Hill we will be booking the Sunday 29th May with a convoy from J10 M6 Walsall you are welcome to join the convoy or join up on the way or meet at Prescott Hill. Any more info just ask. If you want to join us please add your name to

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=prescott+hill

:D

woolleysox 19th January 2011 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1MBO (Post 618753)
I had the same idea some time ago and mentioned it on the NW region forum - the secretary and a mod weren't too impressed, both said it would be a logistical nightmare. I think it's a goer.

Jim

Anymore thoughts on Blackpool meet Jake!!:}

cymry 20th January 2011 20:25

Best of all worlds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 613039)

Hi James

At the risk of being selfish (as it's just down the road from me!!) this venue has a nice combination of an award winning Country Park (which I take my collie to at least 4 times each week):

http://www.rushcliffe.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=598

plus at the same location a transport museum with bus collection and heritage railway (steam occasionally):

http://217.158.157.207/railways/GCRN/visiting.htm

I can make enquiries if you wish, I know they do club visits

woolleysox 3rd February 2011 12:35

Hi jake

another possible meet Mgs in the park

Cotswold Wildlife Park nr Burford.

Mg driver get in free but passenegers have to pay. Rates shown below .I assume the payment is also required from our 75 Brothers

I have been advised if 75 owners attend put a club flyer on the car dash and the driver should get the same offers as the ZT drivers from the club.

http://www.oxfordshiremgoc.co.uk/

Day Tickets Prices from 1st March 2010

Adults£11.50
Children (aged 3-16 inclusive)£8.00
Senior Citizens (65 and over) £8.00
Children under the age of three are admitted to the Park free of charge.

woolleysox 5th February 2011 08:32

BMC rally nene park Sunday 7th August 2011
How about this one many of us have been before
http://www.bmcblrally.co.uk

BMC-BL annual show and spared day nene Park its a great day out, Camping if you want it,

Location and date of event
As before, it will be at Ferry Meadows, Nene Park (Nottcutts entrance), Oundle Road, Peterborough on Sunday 7th August. The day will run with the usual attraction of the ever fantastic autojumble, tombola, raffle, trophies etc....
Camping
Camping will be available for Saturday night ONLY on the rally field with no limit on numbers but ALL camping MUST be pre booked and included with the entry form. AND PLEASE NOTE, CAMPERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ONTO THE RALLY FIELD BEFORE 4PM.
Saturday Evening Hog Roast
The ever popular (and very welcome) hog roast will be available Saturday evening at a small charge as previous years. This price will include a can of soft drink and dessert.
Prices
Entry Fee
£3.50 (Pre booked)
Non pre booked arrivals will be charged extra (as well as the nene park entry fee too!)
Brass Plaque
£2.50
Closing date to guarantee a plaque is 1st July 2011. Although subject to availability some may remain to be purchased on the day.
Camping
£5.00 Per Vehicle/Pitch
Please send with vehicle entry form

.http://www.neneparktrust.org.uk/ferry-meadows

woolleysox 29th July 2011 10:15

Shugbororugh Hall

Heads up another meet for some of you 14th Aug
The event will run until 5pm. Entry costs £6.50 for adults and pensioners and £3 for children aged between six and 14. Dogs are not allowed within gardens but are allowed in the showground where they must be kept on leads at all times.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/lifest...#ixzz1T9SVcgDO

SHUGBOROUGH ESTATE
MILFORD
STAFFORD
ST17 0XB.
Follow the brown signs from Junction 13 of the M6.

starbug2 30th July 2011 07:42

sounds nice but i have my sister down then and i don't think she is that interested also i think we may goto London for a visit with her , other wise i would of gone :getmecoat:
Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 772600)
Heads up another meet for some of you 14th Aug
The event will run until 5pm. Entry costs £6.50 for adults and pensioners and £3 for children aged between six and 14. Dogs are not allowed within gardens but are allowed in the showground where they must be kept on leads at all times.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/lifest...#ixzz1T9SVcgDO

SHUGBOROUGH ESTATE
MILFORD
STAFFORD
ST17 0XB.
Follow the brown signs from Junction 13 of the M6.

Tatts 30th July 2011 07:54

Carsington Water is down your neck of the woods, cracking place.

We've had a couple of joint Midlands/Yorkie meets there in the past.

woolleysox 1st January 2012 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 604554)

Cheers,

Jake

any news on Bruntingthorpe Jake?

ezio 2nd January 2012 23:23

I wouldn't mind coming along to one of these, im in northants, so not too far from anywhere really!

woolleysox 4th January 2012 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezio (Post 888510)
I wouldn't mind coming along to one of these, im in northants, so not too far from anywhere really!

Hi the BMC rally nene park is a great day and you dont have to have a 75/Zt

http://classic-carshow.com/events-sh...s_day?duid=217

Jake 4th January 2012 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 887664)
any news on Bruntingthorpe Jake?

Hi Rob,

Apologies for the lack of update. My contact at Bruntingthorpe as left so had to contact someone new, they can only do us something on a Friday afternoon now so wasn't sure what people would think.

Best,

Jake

woolleysox 4th January 2012 21:56

Hi jake hope you are well pm sent

speak to you soon

http://www.bruntingthorpe.com/

Rob

woolleysox 10th November 2012 18:53

Anyone got ideas for 2013 then?:

Black Country Museum,Carsington waters, GWR Winchcombe, Chasewater,Prescott Hill to name but a few.POL MGs in the Park BLMC Rally

trebor 10th November 2012 19:06

Good evening Mr Sox

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m..._0270Large.jpg

Prestcott is a must for me every year Rob, would be nice to go back to Carsington too and maybe some car factory tours/ meets would be different

Anthony & Maricel 10th November 2012 19:43

What about Rockingham castle they have various events through out the year including a steam and transport weekend on the 1st and 2nd of June 2013, it is just on the outskirts of Corby off the A14. Would also make a great meet for one of the future nationals we have.

http://www.rockinghamcastle.com/index.php?ID=1

RugbyRover 11th November 2012 15:30

One near Rugby would be good........ I would like one near by for my first meet.

andy8688 11th November 2012 17:10

What about the Birmingham transport museum, near Wythall. See link below.

http://www.bammot.org.uk/

woolleysox 16th November 2012 18:03

Also the Coventry motor museum.

Get your ideas posted and we can look at arranging some visits for next year:D

starbug2 16th November 2012 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 1141396)
Also the Coventry motor museum.

Get your ideas posted and we can look at arranging some visits for next year:D

the ratae run will be ending up here next year . it is a very good place

andy8688 16th November 2012 20:50

Carsington is a popular venue, I also like the idea of the Black Country Museum where we could hold an informal meet. I can post the Black Country museum meet idea in the Midlands section and see what interest we get.

woolleysox 16th November 2012 21:11

:DGo for it Andy a good day out. You can a get group discount if enough members attend.

Anthony & Maricel 17th November 2012 11:27

Another good one would be Iron Bridge, I have never been there yet :D http://www.ironbridge.org.uk/

woolleysox 26th November 2012 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukmoobs (Post 1141958)
Another good one would be Iron Bridge, I have never been there yet :D http://www.ironbridge.org.uk/

Great place to visit but we may have a problem parking. We have the same problem parking with the Severn Valley railway for a meet.

Wolves 75 26th November 2012 19:55

Parking in Ironbridge is a nightmare for 1 car never mind 10 :D

woolleysox 26th November 2012 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolves 75 (Post 1148491)
Parking in Ironbridge is a nightmare for 1 car never mind 10 :D

GWR will be open the full length of the track early in the new year.

http://www.gwsr.com/planning-your-vi...metable.aspx:D

andy8688 26th November 2012 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 1148507)
GWR will be open the full length of the track early in the new year.

http://www.gwsr.com/planning-your-vi...metable.aspx:D

I will have a look at a GWR meet, possibly January or February.

woolleysox 26th November 2012 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy8688 (Post 1148538)
I will have a look at a GWR meet, possibly January or February.

Hi Andy It's closed in Jan and reopens in feb see time table
http://www.gwsr.com/planning-your-vi...timetable.aspx

2013 Timetable
2013 is going to be an exciting year for the railway.

Our full length line will be open giving visitors an almost 25 mile round trip, making us one of the longest heritage railways in the country.
The brand new timetable enables visitors on nearly all dates to experience at least two forms of motive power, sometimes three.
On nearly every day we run, there will be at least two trains in operation thus cutting down on waiting times and creating more atmosphere.
The new timetable is especially designed to give a flavour of a working railway with lots to see and opportunities to change trains, making this a full day out for one ticket price.
Throughout the year we are having a number of special attractions old and new, including the return of our famous Cotswold steam gala and Heritage diesel gala. See link for more details.

Anthony & Maricel 26th November 2012 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 1148482)
Great place to visit but we may have a problem parking. We have the same problem parking with the Severn Valley railway for a meet.

That is a right spoiler Rob :getmecoat:

woolleysox 27th November 2012 17:48

Sorry to be a spoil sport but Why don't you take a trip over and if the parking is ok and folk fancy the venue we can book a meet.

I have to say it is a super day out but stand by my comment on parking:shrug:

woolleysox 24th April 2013 12:34

a few ideas posted

nano meets car fix its

Prescott Hill

Mgs in the park

Rover Sports Register June

Bruntingthorpe starbug

BMC/BL Rally Peterborough

Rover meet East Kirby airfield

Coventry Transport Museum

James.uk 24th April 2013 12:54

Don't forget Jimbo wants to go to Blackpool, innit... :D

windrush 24th April 2013 13:21

I am up in Blackpool on the 13th 14th and 15th for a Suez veterans parade on the Sunday

starbug2 24th April 2013 17:17

just a reminder that the Bruntingthorpe asda meet has gone up to £10 on the gate not as £5 as it has been before:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 1286554)
a few ideas posted

nano meets car fix its

Prescott Hill

Mgs in the park

Rover Sports Register June

Bruntingthorpe starbug

BMC/BL Rally Peterborough

Rover meet East Kirby airfield

Coventry Transport Museum

handyandy1966 24th April 2013 17:21

an idea for the essex members! two tree island we could even set up a couple of bbqs between us all and its free !

woolleysox 25th April 2013 12:32

With fuel costs. I think you would be better to post on south central or the London forum and you should get a better response. However you are welcome to join us at anytime but its a bit of a trek:D

woolleysox 27th June 2013 21:58

quite a few meets now booked across the country but keep the ideas coming in. We can think about next year.:getmecoat:

carlalou 24th July 2013 20:03

to late for this year maybe?

but for next year http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk/

andy8688 24th July 2013 20:17

Carlalou, great idea. Entries are now closed for this year, But we can look into this for next year, I will gather more info and hopefully post it for more interest.

Anthony & Maricel 24th July 2013 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlalou (Post 1370882)

I like the look of that :} will be a good one for next year.

RugbyRover 24th July 2013 20:30

Sound good to me Carla. Count Carol and
I in that one.

woolleysox 24th July 2013 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlalou (Post 1370882)

one for the list next year I think local as well :D keep the ideas coming in new locations always worth a look. Local one give folks who don't travel far options as well and that's good news.

carlalou 25th July 2013 09:08

A little too big maybe?

ok then, this one is on a slightly bigger scale :D

http://www.threecounties.co.uk/three...es/options.php

this one really could be a great event for a lot of us.

maybe a few other regions would like to be part of it?

i am aware that it is a 3 day event, hence people may travel given its not just for one day :shrug:

anyhow, i have contacted them and i have a name to speak to on monday.

i know that i said small steps at The Oak, but in for a penny out for a pound and all that :getmecoat:

so firstly.... do you think that i am aiming a little to high for this one?

and secondly.....i could still have the conversation on Monday?

if the 2nd one, any questions that you would like me to ask?

i hope that i havnt got you all running to the hills with this one :D:D

i really do appreciate your honesty with this one, i wont be offended :bowdown: promise :)

Anthony & Maricel 25th July 2013 12:07

I like that one to carla, that is 2 very good ones so far keep keep them rolling in :)

woolleysox 25th July 2013 13:28

Sound a good one but not for me: if you are going to book it ask re public liability insurance will you be able to park together or will it be parking with all visitors.cost of entry advance booking or pay on the door discount for numbers and post in the main meets asking folks to put their names down to see how many interested as not everyone reads this post.

Rob

fredwrussell 8th October 2013 17:11

festival of motoring

a defo for me if you book it i went to this years show and it was ok. definately lacked 75/zt influence! had loads of competitions and stuff as well keep us entertained all weekend! :D:bowdown:

woolleysox 8th October 2013 17:35

I have sent for the info so we can look at dates.:D

Anthony & Maricel 8th October 2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 1444612)
I have sent for the info so we can look at dates.:D

Cool :cool: :}

woolleysox 8th October 2013 18:12

thoughts for next year Pol Longbridge. Rover meet east Kirkby. BLMC Ralley Peterborough. Newark air museum,Rockingham Castle,Birmingham Transport Museum. Festival of Mororing, Gaydon .Nano meets, Prescott Hill x 2 wow Mgs in the Park.That's plenty to start with we can start planning in the new year:drool4::drool4:

Paulym 13th October 2013 08:04

Rockinham Castle meet

Hi There

I am a newbie had the 75 about a year. I have been trying to find other members Northants based. And there are those of us interested in a meet up. This venue would certainly attract a few. So I will keep following this thread to see if a date comes up.

ATB :cool:

I can spell Rockingham but my notepad can't

woolleysox 16th October 2013 18:25

You could also try south central meets as well.

Gunner RA 9th November 2013 18:45

We went to the Cov festival last year but used the public parking. It was a good cheap day out. There were some very iinteresting vehicles on display. Not many Rovers or MG's however.

NewGuyPete 10th November 2013 14:50

HI , Just reading through some of the Idea`s for visits. Andy (andy8688) & Rob (wooleysox) what about a return visit to Coughton Hall,near Studley, we had a great day out.

woolleysox 11th November 2013 22:07

Hi Pete Coughton Hall was a meet arrange by a Rover Group. I'm note sure we would get enough member to go. (Expensive) :getmecoat:

trikey 11th November 2013 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner RA (Post 1477817)
We went to the Cov festival last year but used the public parking. It was a good cheap day out. There were some very iinteresting vehicles on display. Not many Rovers or MG's however.

Shocking when it was the home of Rover :shrug::(

woolleysox 12th November 2013 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 1480047)
Shocking when it was the home of Rover :shrug::(

We had around 15-16 cars when we had a meet at the Coventry Transport Museum earlier this year. It did clash with the Rover meet at East Kirkby a very poplar venue each year.

The problem is if you have your family with you they soon get hackled off looking at just cars over and over again. That's why meets like MGs in the park, Coughton Hall ,and the like are so good. Gaydon is a great site for a meet but again its just cars:getmecoat:

fredwrussell 2nd January 2014 18:52

track day??

I know this might be mainly for the zt boys but what about a track day meet????? those of us who like to have a little thrash about would be fun to get a load us together and take a circuit over??????
thoughts??????????????????:new_year:

woolleysox 2nd January 2014 20:14

Get some details and post it up cost, locate,dates,see how many takers you get. We did a meet at Bruntingthorpe Airfield two or three years ago and this included a blast down the main runway. I'm sure you would get quite a few takers sound them out.

Rob

woolleysox 17th February 2014 12:45

Just found this if anyone wants to visit or book a meet

www.classicshowsuk.co.uk

Rob

evo 18th May 2014 14:35

Fancy That

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolves 75 (Post 605504)

let me know when would like a run out there:bowdown:

klarzy 18th May 2014 15:11

worm drowning

With the pleasant weather approaching would anyone be interested in a days carp match fishing at Decoy Lakes near Peterborough...

I used to fish there a bit and 200Lbs+ is possible in a 6 hour match...

Normally 6 quid to fish +4.00 into a kitty for 1-2-3...

Mid July ish would aim for a Saturday...

pm me if interested

Steve42 5th July 2014 21:39

the oak

what happened to the meets at the oak.
was a nice place for a meet.
and the parking was a good size.

RugbyRover 5th July 2014 21:46

It was cancelled for some reason. I like the oak to.

Anthony & Maricel 5th July 2014 21:57

I like the oak too, to be honest she didn't have to cancel it. She could of passed on it on to someone else to look after for the day.

Steve42 5th July 2014 22:07

Adie we meet up at the first one.
think its a good place even my other half liked it.
mind you I liked the one in the car park at that country park place . forgot the name of it now.

RugbyRover 5th July 2014 22:08

We could still meet somewhere

Steve42 5th July 2014 22:37

coombe abbey was the place. got there in the end :duh:

Steve42 28th November 2014 23:05

longbridge

having to drive through longbridge a few times over the last 3 weeks.
seen a big car park on what I think is whats left of the old plant .
may be a good meeting place one day.

woolleysox 30th November 2014 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve42 (Post 1852755)
having to drive through longbridge a few times over the last 3 weeks.
seen a big car park on what I think is whats left of the old plant .
may be a good meeting place one day.

visits can be arranged parking is usually in the sales car park not the main one, Pride of Longbridge will be along again next year well worth a visit.

windrush 30th November 2014 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 1853674)
visits can be arranged parking is usually in the sales car park not the main one, Pride of Longbridge will be along again next year well worth a visit.

That is very good news about the POL for 2015 Rob

woolleysox 25th March 2015 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrush (Post 1853675)
That is very good news about the POL for 2015 Rob

Hi Windrush hope you are both well POL almost with us now :drool4:

:smilie_re:see you at Longbridge

windrush 26th March 2015 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 1958436)
Hi Windrush hope you are both well POL almost with us now :drool4:

:smilie_re:see you at Longbridge

hi Rob yes thanks we are both fine and looking forward to the POL,and as you say see you there

Jet England 30th May 2015 20:12

Tramway Museum at Crich would be good, just 5 miles away from me.

Has the club considered attending the fantastic Donington Historic Festival. I went this year and it was great!

see http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/

Registered Car Clubs get discounted tickets and infield parking and the chance to do a parade lap on the track at "half time"

also theres The Pageant of Power http://www.cpop.co.uk

woolleysox 5th June 2015 22:39

We visited the tram museum 3 years ago :}

windrush 6th June 2015 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 2016797)
We visited the tram museum 3 years ago :}

I would be up for that one Rob it's many many years since I last visit the tram museum

woolleysox 7th June 2015 20:59

Hi Windrush

Hope you are both well I will look into it and see what we can do.:bowdown:

Daisy-Dawlish 29th December 2018 16:06

Chateau Impney

Hi All
We are traveling up from Devon for the Coffee and Chrome show at The Chateau on Sunday 7th January, we were wondering if any one on here was also showing at the event 😀

NewGuyPete 30th December 2018 08:53

Check your date, website states 6th January 2019.

anthony1981 29th May 2019 02:33

2019 mg meet

How about Stafford Castle, Stafford common, shougbrough, Weston Hall

woolleysox 3rd December 2020 11:29

Starting to look hopefully at some more meets next year fingers crossed.Maybe

Midlands nano meets
Pride of Longbridge
MGs in the park :icon_lol:

Let’s hope for a happy Christmas for everyone. :smiley:

starbug2 3rd December 2020 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolleysox (Post 2851877)
Starting to look hopefully at some more meets next year fingers crossed.Maybe

Midlands nano meets
Pride of Longbridge
MGs in the park :icon_lol:

Let’s hope for a happy Christmas for everyone. :smiley:

i hope we can soon return to being able to enjoy our cars and be able to meet once more . i certainly plan to go to mgs in the park but plan to take a MG ZS so i can get it photo taken to go with my photos of my 75 ,MGF and my ex MG3 . i also plan to take it to MG Live if possible .. in resent times ive done two runs in my 75 with the rover sports reg very subject to the current issues , ive done two events at gaydon in the last few months with the last event leading to getting Rid the MG3 and getting the ZS .. it has been to long since i last did a nano meet and i do hope to go to POL .. i've tried to keep our cars to have a longbridge connection