The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Highest MPG Competition beat 60.81 mpg. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=535)

DavidJ 10th November 2006 13:50

Highest MPG Competition beat 60.81 mpg.

For the first time I cracked 60mpg in my ZT135 from a tank of fuel (well till the last quarter, because we don't use the last quarter do we?).

549 miles for 41.04 litres, same pump at the same petrol station 3 days apart. Driving almost exclusively on A roads (30 miles on the M1 at the most) and possibly 15 miles through towns. That works out at 60.81 mpg (21.52 Km per litre).

I am quite pleased with the car and myself on achieving this, anyone else in the 60+ club :) ?

GreyGhost 10th November 2006 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidJ (Post 4501)
For the first time I cracked 60mpg in my ZT135 from a tank of fuel (well till the last quarter, because we don't use the last quarter do we?).

549 miles for 41.04 litres, same pump at the same petrol station 3 days apart. Driving almost exclusively on A roads (30 miles on the M1 at the most) and possibly 15 miles through towns. That works out at 60.81 mpg (21.52 Km per litre).

I am quite pleased with the car and myself on achieving this, anyone else in the 60+ club :) ?

That is very impressive David, you must have the lightest right foot in the club. This could easily become a competition. Makes a change from who can get from a to b the fastest.

I will move this thread to the Social forum and rename it Highest MGP Competition, using your figure as the benchmark. :)

Can anybody out do Davids amazing stats?

Raistlin 10th November 2006 18:48

:(

I regularly get 40 mpg.

Mind you - that's a lot better than the 18 mpg I used to get with my Ti and besides, I love the car to bits :D

Rincewind 10th November 2006 19:13

Blimey, I thought that I was doing well managing to crack 55mpg last month! Well done that man. I've just had two lousy tanks only managing 44 mpg-ish. serves me right for using supermarket fuel and Shell. I have just brimmed mine with good old BP diesel so hopefully that will improve matters. It normally does.

This time of year will not help our collective mpg's as the temperatures are falling so that means that the engines have to work harder from cold thus knackering up the mpg's. On the flip side, the performance will improve as the air is more dense and full of loverly oxygen!

Raistlin 10th November 2006 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rincewind (Post 4615)
Blimey, I thought that I was doing well managing to crack 55mpg last month! Well done that man. I've just had two lousy tanks only managing 44 mpg-ish. serves me right for using supermarket fuel and Shell. I have just brimmed mine with good old BP diesel so hopefully that will improve matters. It normally does.

Rincewind, is your opinion of Shell diesel anecdotal or is there more concrete evidence please?

The thing is, I use Shell diesel all the time and have to drive PAST a BP filling station to get it.

Could I really inprove my fuel consumption just by ditching Shell in favour of BP?

Keith 10th November 2006 19:31

I can do a heck of a lot better ooops I mean less than that :)

<20MPG anyone?

GreyGhost 10th November 2006 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 4624)

<20MPG anyone?

That's pants I can get 18 any time I want.

I could probably get as low as 10 on a goo.....bad day on the North Circ :)

Best 28.5 all motorway at 70-80mph.

I'd love 40 - 60 mpg but I'd rather eat worms than drive a diesel :rofl:

JP53 10th November 2006 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 4624)

<20MPG anyone?

How about 15 mpg :eek: all town driving though!

JP53 10th November 2006 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 4636)

I could probably get as low as 10 on a goo.....bad day on the North Circ :)

Best 28.5 all motorway at 70-80mph.

If I keep my 15mpg up my whole family will be eating worms :frightened: :laughing2:

Ti Rich 10th November 2006 20:16

You lot must drive like pussys!!

I have no idea how you can get 60MPG out of the diesel. Best i have ever got is 47 and my average is 43. I drive at 80 on the motorway and about 55-60 on the A roads.

What speeds are you driving to achieve 55-60MPG??

Ti Rich 10th November 2006 20:17

Quote:

I'd rather eat worms than drive a diesel :rofl:

I said that three years ago too, i was wrong.

GreyGhost 10th November 2006 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ti Rich (Post 4644)
I said that three years ago too, i was wrong.

How do they taste Rich :rofl:

I don't have a thing against diesels per se, the smell of the fuel makes me nauseous. Makes filling up a real trial. No I'm not having you on this time.

Ti Rich 10th November 2006 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 4648)
How do they taste Rich :rofl:

I don't have a thing against diesels per se, the smell of the fuel makes me nauseous. Makes filling up a real trial. No I'm not having you on this time.

Not eaten worms but i have had snake this week in Japan - does that count?

GreyGhost 10th November 2006 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ti Rich (Post 4651)
Not eaten worms but i have had snake this week in Japan - does that count?

Sounds a bit rude to me, are you sure you want to broadcast that sort of inf :)

Seriously. What is the flavour similar to, if at all. Did they kill it first?

Better keep on topic or a Mod will have us :)

MPG MPG Diesel, etc etc.

DavidJ 10th November 2006 21:13

Quote:

What speeds are you driving to achieve 55-60MPG??
An indicated 50mph (sat nav shows 47mph), using diesel from the local Morrisons Supermarket. I won't bore you with further details other than saying it takes just as much concentration as going fast.

Phil 10th November 2006 22:10

I wish I could get that from mine! On a very long motorway trip,from Scotland to Bristol, I got 38mpg from my 1.8turbo.

eVoHicks 10th November 2006 22:30

I am sure John got 67 out of his CDTi with a photo to prove it, go get tht evidence John, it will put you in 1st place m8.:p:

Andy

JP53 11th November 2006 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by eVoHicks (Post 4731)
I am sure John got 67 out of his CDTi with a photo to prove it, go get tht evidence John, it will put you in 1st place m8.:p:

Andy

I did Andy that was at a constant 56mph with cruise control on and managed 67.2mpg. The best I've got out of the one I own now is 34mpg :eek: :(

Oldun 11th November 2006 11:00

mpg

Hi TI RICH. I get the same, although mines a tourer and I believe they are a bit more thirsty. I did try BP and it certainly is better than anything else I have used. Still can't get over 50.

Pete 11th November 2006 11:41

Pah.

I've squeezed 43mpg from a KV6.

Livermpj 11th November 2006 11:46

I've also managed 60mpg

If proof were needed the 75 is a motorway cruiser, then it's the MPG.
I average 43mpg normally, but I've also managed 60mpg on the motorway (measured by filling, driving, then re-filling the tank).
Only if you drive at 60-70mph though..........

Pete.;)

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 4890)
Pah.

I've squeezed 43mpg from a KV6.

Hitching your car up to a horse for part of the journey is cheating. :zap:
Where's your proof? :laughing2:

Pete 11th November 2006 12:16

50 MPH all the way from Ruislip to Warwick services, Full tank start and refill at the pump, calculated it out. Okay, maybe the tyre pressures were a bit high and I had slackened off the wheel bearings a few pounds too........

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 4909)
Okay, maybe the tyre pressures were a bit high and I had slackened off the wheel bearings a few pounds too........

.......:panic:.......

baxlin 11th November 2006 15:52

I assume we're not accepting a photo of the trip readout as proof, otherwise those with Tu3 etc should wipe the floor!

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxlin (Post 4980)
I assume we're not accepting a photo of the trip readout as proof, otherwise those with Tu3 etc should wipe the floor!

We are expecting a photograph of the horses backside through the windscreen of Petes car. :target:

JP53 11th November 2006 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 4909)
50 MPH all the way from Ruislip to Warwick services, Full tank start and refill at the pump, calculated it out. Okay, maybe the tyre pressures were a bit high and I had slackened off the wheel bearings a few pounds too........

Pete please help me before I have to result to sending one and only son out to clean chimneys AND catch worms. :D How can I get that out of mine?

GreyGhost 11th November 2006 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Phillips (Post 5016)
Pete please help me before I have to result to sending one and only son out to clean chimneys AND catch worms. :D How can I get that out of mine?

Worms are free John that's the best thing about them. Children unfortunately are not :)

Rincewind 11th November 2006 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by raistlin295 (Post 4621)
Rincewind, is your opinion of Shell diesel anecdotal or is there more concrete evidence please?

The thing is, I use Shell diesel all the time and have to drive PAST a BP filling station to get it.

Could I really inprove my fuel consumption just by ditching Shell in favour of BP?

Nope, not flippant comment. I've been logging my MPG for years now (as I used to flying back and forth from Ashby to Longbridge) so I have a rather large file of measurements and I've always had poor results with Shell in both my 25 diesel and also my ZT. The best results I've had for both cars have been when using BP, Jet and Total. BP however has always been the best for me and my driving.

Nic

Pete 11th November 2006 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 4984)
We are expecting a photograph of the horses backside through the windscreen of Petes car. :target:

Would you mind not discussing the missus in public please. She's a lovely lass really even if I am, er, saddled with her. *cough*

Pete 11th November 2006 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Phillips (Post 5016)

Drive at 50 and don't use the brakes. :panic:

Seriously, the only things you can do to keep the consumption down is minimise the amount of time the throttle is open. That means watching your rate of acceleration and where possible trickling it in wherever possible. Anything which drags the motor consumes fuel so keep windows closed, tyre pressure on the button (NOT high, it's a false economy as wear rate will be faster) and the aircon off. Do that lot and you should get into the low thirties easily on a run.

JP53 11th November 2006 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 5061)
Drive at 50 and don't use the brakes. :panic:

Seriously, the only things you can do to keep the consumption down is minimise the amount of time the throttle is open. That means watching your rate of acceleration and where possible trickling it in wherever possible. Anything which drags the motor consumes fuel so keep windows closed, tyre pressure on the button (NOT high, it's a false economy as wear rate will be faster) and the aircon off. Do that lot and you should get into the low thirties easily on a run.

Thanks Pete,I'm ok on motorway she does about 34mpg. It's the works and school traffic that kills it stone dead. To be honest for an auto V6 she's not to bad and any cars consumption figs crash if it's stood still alot. On a less serious note and with the risk of personal injury leaving my wife behind and hence having much much much less weight to carry helps :laughing2:

Zeb 11th November 2006 20:30

What is 'MGP'?

(Forum acronym competition!)

JP53 11th November 2006 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedeedooday (Post 5182)
What is 'MGP'?

(Forum acronym competition!)

I don't know mate but I will see if I can get you some cream to rub on it :laughing2:

Keith 11th November 2006 21:07

Well spotted and now sorted

crofts 12th November 2006 02:30

Quote:

Just you wait 'enry iggins' when you drop in for lunch :eek:

geordieskin 14th November 2006 16:31

did 320 miles on saturday,north east to north west england,90 ish when possible and got around 40 mpg from my diesel auto.sunday did 260,south yorkshire and back,stayed around 75 and got around 48 mpg.used cruise control most of the time.canny for a big car IMHO,but around town on a cold engine is much worse.