The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   parts diagrams (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297636)

macafee2 20th July 2019 20:11

parts diagrams

Rimmers web site no longer shows parts and part numbers for out of stock items, real pain in the back side. Anyone know why?

Is there another site that shows a comprehensive parts diagram such as the ones on Rimmers web site shows but includes parts not in stock or is just part numbers and pictures?

macafee2

p2roverman 20th July 2019 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2749115)
Rimmers web site no longer shows parts and part numbers for out of stock items, real pain in the back side. Anyone know why?

Is there another site that shows a comprehensive parts diagram such as the ones on Rimmers web site shows but includes parts not in stock or is just part numbers and pictures?

macafee2

I found this a few days ago, real pain. I guess it could be to stop people going elsewhere for parts, though that's not really logical; they're not going to lose a sale if they haven't got it!

Surely Rover had the full exploded parts drawings done with part number listing, which is what Rimmers have been basing their stock listings on so this must exist though probably not on paper, microfisch maybe?

trikey 20th July 2019 20:27

I think its more the case of nla parts are taking up server space, have a clear out of stuff that's not available anymore!

steve-45 20th July 2019 20:33

I remember when I rebuilt my Triumph GT6 many moons ago I had a parts book that showed every single part down to the last washer and it’s part number.

trikey 20th July 2019 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2749124)
I remember when I rebuilt my Triumph GT6 many moons ago I had a parts book that showed every single part down to the last washer and it’s part number.

Yep, or a microfiche with everything on.

Mike Noc 20th July 2019 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2749125)
Yep, or a microfiche with everything on.

Showing your age there Andy. :D

I can remember when microfiche was state of the art. :getmecoat:

trikey 20th July 2019 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2749175)
Showing your age there Andy. :D

I can remember when microfiche was state of the art. :getmecoat:

I know Mike, I used to stand behind the counter of the parts department while the guy looked through the microfiche for the part I needed...

macafee2 21st July 2019 16:05

The diagrams were good as they also showed how things should be assembled.

Be nice if the forum could obtain the diagrams and host them

macafee2

Tenesmus 21st July 2019 16:41

I was trying to explain microfiche to a colleague in her late 20s a few years ago, she'd never heard of it...

Bolin 21st July 2019 17:11

I have a set of parts microfiche for the 75/ZT from Jan 2002 - somewhere....

Rich in Vancouver 21st July 2019 18:15

Microfiche worked well for parts catalogs but not some other documents.
Some years ago many archives were microfiching their documents then disposing of the originals. Now that exact duplicate digital scanning is routine I'll bet they are facepalming themselves and wishing they still had those originals!:duh:

clf 21st July 2019 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2749319)
Microfiche worked well for parts catalogs but not some other documents.
Some years ago many archives were microfiching their documents then disposing of the originals. Now that exact duplicate digital scanning is routine I'll bet they are facepalming themselves and wishing they still had those originals!:duh:

We archived many documents onto microfilm, but originals can still be requested, especially when the microfilm becomes damaged or marked. A lot of originals are being digitally copied and archived. But the digital archive is a problem too, as in 20 or 30 years will the formats still be usable lol.

macafee2 22nd July 2019 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolin (Post 2749313)
I have a set of parts microfiche for the 75/ZT from Jan 2002 - somewhere....

can they be turned into pictures that could be uploaded or put onto a CD?
There may be interest in that

macafee2

MGMalc 22nd July 2019 08:00

Quote:

macafee2

This site https://allbrit.de/NAV.cfm?SPRACHE=EN&PAGE=317180 may be worth a look.

Although after a second look, the part numbers are different to Rimmers!

Malc

MSS 22nd July 2019 08:27

Quote:

macafee2

Perhaps this is a way of Rimmers managing their service costs so that more of the people who regularly whinge about their postage charges and buy elsewhere have less reason to buy elsewhere? ;)

Not pointing in any particular direction....:D

macafee2 19th August 2019 17:43

I have been given this link from another forum . The site allows you to translate into English. http://www.allbrit.de/ select Rover 75
Takes some navigating but never the less has diagrams and part numbers

macafee2

opps same link as MGMalc provided. I now recall going to that site but as it was in German and not loading I gave up, sorry MGMalc

Goldrover 19th August 2019 18:30

You can get a microfiche reader/printer that will print you a paper copy, but they are costly and it's better to go for one that uses plain paper rather than coated paper due to costs.

The paper copy could then be scanned into a computer and downloaded to a CD, usb etc.

There are also hand held viewers that you use to magnify the image to read correctly
that fit into toolbox,door pocket etc.

regards Dave

MSS 19th August 2019 19:19

:eek::shrug:

Gentlemen, there is no need to mess about with fishes of any kind. Matt, the man who is DMGRS and the parts supplier of choice for many on the forum, stated in another parallel thread a couple of weeks ago that Rimmers use the X-part database as the source of the information and (with him being an x-part distributor also) he would sort it for the membership to have access to the full information (via DMGRS).

Given this commitment, it would be unreasonable to say or do anything that may impart an indication, however weak, that any of the membership are in some way doubtful of the sincerity of his commitment.

We should await the outcome of this commitment so that we may uphold Matt and DMGRS in even greater esteem henceforth.

:cool:

Les4048 19th August 2019 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2756166)

Gentlemen, there is no need to mess about with fishes of any kind. Matt, the man who is DMGRS and the parts supplier of choice for many on the forum, stated in another parallel thread a couple of weeks ago that Rimmers use the X-part database as the source of the information and (with him being an x-part distributor also) he would sort it for the membership to have access to the full information (via DMGRS).

Given this commitment, it would be unreasonable to say or do anything that may impart an indication, however weak, that any of the membership are in some way doubtful of the sincerity of his commitment.

We should await the outcome of this commitment so that we may uphold Matt and DMGRS in even greater esteem henceforth.

Scott Biddlecombe now runs DMGRS, I believe Matt is still there as an advisory but it belongs to Scott now

MSS 19th August 2019 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2756167)
Scott Biddlecombe now runs DMGRS, I believe Matt is still there as an advisory but it belongs to Scott now

I know, but when he made the statement he was speaking for DMGRS. In any case, in our hearts, Matt is DMGRS and always will be! ;):}

macafee2 19th August 2019 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2756166)

mss, what is the intention of your post?
I was merely sharing out of good will a link given to me in good will. I was not trying to undermine anyone.
I also sent earlier today before your post and in fact before my own a pm to matt to see how he is getting on.

It's just after 9pm and a member if so inclined can look for a part number themselves using the link given to me and shared, surly that is helpful and takes nothing from traders.
I certainly was not "doubtful of the sincerity of his commitment."

I take great offence if that is what you are implying.

macafee2

MSS 19th August 2019 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2756181)

I take great offence if that is what you are implying.

macafee2

Absolutely not Ian, I did not mean to imply anything of the sort. It was not my intention to cause you any offence - if it did, my apologies for so doing.

My post was merely intended as a lighthearted reminder that it should all be sorted soon now that Matt is on the case.

:grouphug:

macafee2 20th August 2019 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2756192)
Absolutely not Ian, I did not mean to imply anything of the sort. It was not my intention to cause you any offence - if it did, my apologies for so doing.

My post was merely intended as a lighthearted reminder that it should all be sorted soon now that Matt is on the case.

:grouphug:

I will pm matt as he has replied to me and ask he update this thread but due to circumstances there may not be an update for a week or two

macafee2