The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jeremy Hunt wearing Rover Union Jack badge (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=297402)

HarryM1BYT 12th July 2019 18:07

Jeremy Hunt wearing Rover Union Jack badge

Anyone noticed, that Jeremy Hunt often wears on his label, one of the Rover Union Jack metal badges? The badge on the back door quarter panel.

He is wearing one now, in the Andrew Neil Interview BBC1.

topman 12th July 2019 18:13

Maybe he nipped to the local scrappers before the interview? :D

HarryM1BYT 12th July 2019 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by topman (Post 2747299)
Maybe he nipped to the local scrappers before the interview? :D

Or maybe he is a 75 fan :eek:

wraymond 12th July 2019 19:15

What a creep. He'd do anything to secure the grey vote.

Westonboy 12th July 2019 21:08

I bet he's wearing EU underpants

Darcydog 13th July 2019 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westonboy (Post 2747342)
I bet he's wearing EU underpants

Skid marks???

:getmecoat:

WillyHeckaslike 13th July 2019 15:39

I think that it is nice to see a show of patriotism for the union but I'm not so sure that Jeremy was the first in recent times to do so:

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dy...216/563118.jpg

wraymond 13th July 2019 15:54

I'm not being partisan, honest, but there is somewhat more to the man than he pretends! I really believe he is playing up to the reputation.

I saw him yesterday being, er, interviewed, by Andrew Neill. At least that was what it was meant to be. I know these things are arguable but BJ got dear old AN in a tizzy with no effort.

Now AN is probably the most eagle-eyed interrogator there is but he completely lost it with BJ. He was incredibly rude, almost hysterical and arrogant. He went red, then purple. He made mistakes and ended up looking the fool for trying to do that with BJ. He even stammered non-words in his fluster.

BJ never lost his cool, stayed on course and didn't attack AN. Yes, he clowns about but I am beginning to suspect there is more just beneath the surface. Cometh the hour...?

Stevie25 13th July 2019 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraymond (Post 2747466)
I'm not being partisan, honest, but there is somewhat more to the man than he pretends! I really believe he is playing up to the reputation.

I saw him yesterday being, er, interviewed, by Andrew Neill. At least that was what it was meant to be. I know these things are arguable but BJ got dear old AN in a tizzy with no effort.

Now AN is probably the most eagle-eyed interrogator there is but he completely lost it with BJ. He was incredibly rude, almost hysterical and arrogant. He went red, then purple. He made mistakes and ended up looking the fool for trying to do that with BJ. He even stammered non-words in his fluster.

BJ never lost his cool, stayed on course and didn't attack AN. Yes, he clowns about but I am beginning to suspect there is more just beneath the surface. Cometh the hour...?

Unless they aired a different version of the interview on BBC - Northern Ireland, then BJ came across to me as totally unsuitable for the role of PM

A survey of 1,703 people showed 39% branded Boris Johnson a buffoon, 31% untrustworthy, 29% self-serving and 26% irresponsible.
YouGov Survey.

Sums it up for me!

Darcydog 13th July 2019 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie25 (Post 2747476)
Unless they aired a different version of the interview on BBC - Northern Ireland, then BJ came across to me as totally unsuitable for the role of PM

A survey of 1,703 people showed 39% branded Boris Johnson a buffoon, 31% untrustworthy, 29% self-serving and 26% irresponsible.
YouGov Survey.

Sums it up for me!

YouGov - they pay their responders and the demographics clearly show most responders on YouGov lists are Students.

So the results of their survey on BJ is hardly surprising.

That said BJ is certainty NOT my cup of tea either!

But those that will be voting for him to be or not to be PM are hardly the same people that offer their opinions to YouGov.

wraymond 13th July 2019 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25

YouGov Survey.

Sums it up for me

Well yes, that may be so! But I was talking about the interview with Andrew Neill - the doyen of interviewers in that field with a fearsome reputation. And given AN's antipathy to the man that was a heck of a hurdle to climb.

So, in the survey (where, by the way?) 39% called him a buffoon so most, by a margin of 41%, didn't.

31% thought he was untrustworthy so most, by a margin of 69%, didn't.

And 29% thought he was self-serving so most, by a margin of 71 %, didn't!

Not bad really! He'd be pleased about that! But the reality is those figures are about a very limited survey of people with strong feelings about the subject, and if it was in N. Ireland I imagine a vanishingly small body of supporters. I reckon I'd want a drop more evidence before making my mind up.

I've no idea about the suitability of other jobs but of the only two runners he's miles ahead with odds-on fortunes laid! Hunt came out of that interview as completely hopeless and weak. Did that survey give any verdict on him?

Bogbrush82 13th July 2019 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie25 (Post 2747476)

Choice of two evils I'm afraid - BoJo the Clown or Jeremy Hunt the NHS destroyer?

At least London was safer under BoJo.

trikey 13th July 2019 21:48

it's a pity our politicians didn't stand up for our car industry when they had the chance.

Gate Keeper 13th July 2019 22:04

Who was it who mentioned creeps. The ultra saddo is Boris Johnson and how he struggled through the Andrew Neil interview. He hadn’t a clue what paragraph 5C was, who is he kidding.....what a silly goose :D

Apparently the ultimately reliable authority on this interview is revealed in the latest “The Spectator” and here is the link

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/blogs...drew-neil/amp/

Conservatives please, please don’t thank me for pointing this out :D

trikey 13th July 2019 22:31

I worry about Boris, on the outside he is the bumbling man of the people, but I reckon there is a darker hidden agenda hiding away....

wraymond 14th July 2019 11:08

There certainly is. With him you never get either what you want or what you expect. That's his schtik and why he is similar to and gets on well with Trump. Maybe because Trump thinks he is superior and better at it. But there are always people who think they are better and who eventually get reality thrust in their thin lipped mouths.
I read this morning there are many members who have not yet received their ballot papers - can there be a rather large surprise in the offing? The gods help us.

wraymond 15th July 2019 15:20

This popped through my letter box on Friday and has reference to more than one matter surrounding this thread. I definitely don’t want to risk any off-colour demands for closure so, if I may plead in advance for reticence, I suggest the link below (for educational purposes) from the sharp end which has, mysteriously, not been published before.

The author is Anthony Browne, Chairman of UK Government Regulatory Policy Committee. He is highly respected and distinguished in these matters, having been at the pointy bit for his entire career and I bet very few have even heard of him.

I want to know why all he says has not been published anywhere, at least to my knowledge. It’s about Johnson and associated matters and might explain what could be at the root of his stance already mentioned in this thread. I stress it is not propaganda, it is factual and provable information delivered in unambiguous language.

'Most popular article no. 2'

/www.spectator.co.uk

COLVERT 17th July 2019 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2747297)
Anyone noticed, that Jeremy Hunt often wears on his label, one of the Rover Union Jack metal badges? The badge on the back door quarter panel.

Good for him though I hope it's a better representation than the one at the top of the forum main page because that's wrong.----:duh:

I wonder who approved it.

The union flag has subtle differences that most folk never see.---:shrug:

mbev51 18th July 2019 06:18

I cannot see BoJo lasting much into November. He said we will exit on oct31, if we don’t he’s finished. Someone else will then have to have a go. At some point someone will decide another referendum is the only way to resolve this impasse.

Darcydog 18th July 2019 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbev51 (Post 2748491)
I cannot see BoJo lasting much into November. He said we will exit on oct31, if we don’t he’s finished. Someone else will then have to have a go. At some point someone will decide another referendum is the only way to resolve this impasse.

And when we get the same result again - will that stop the constant whining and whinging from those who didn’t get the result they wanted? Or will they insist on a third, and then another and another vote until they get the result they DO want.

The vote was taken

The result is in

Accept it.

PLEASE!

The last thing the country needs is to do what the EU has a history of doing whereby they simply keep repeating a vote because they didn’t get the vote they wanted!:duh:

HarryM1BYT 18th July 2019 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2748508)
And when we get the same result again - will that stop the constant whining and whinging from those who didn’t get the result they wanted? Or will they insist on a third, and then another and another vote until they get the result they DO want.

The vote was taken

The result is in

Accept it.

PLEASE!

The last thing the country needs is to do what the EU has a history of doing whereby they simply keep repeating a vote because they didn’t get the vote they wanted!:duh:

I got the result I voted for, but I would have accepted the alternative result with good grace. I would not have been trying to insist on another vote, just because it hadn't gone the way I wanted.

Darcydog 18th July 2019 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2748512)
I got the result I voted for, but I would have accepted the alternative result with good grace. I would not have been trying to insist on another vote, just because it hadn't gone the way I wanted.

As would I

However, I have a sneaky suspicion that had the vote gone the other way then those that got the result they wanted would be the first to insist that “their” result stood and no second referendum would be allowed.

There is no “impasse” IMO - what we have is a clear vote by the population to leave and that must be honoured.

The stumbling block is the out of touch MP’s in the HoC’s who despite supposedly representing the U.K. population actually present us with a HoC’s that is not in favour of “Leave”.

Those MP’s that want to Remain have tried all sorts of “dirty tricks” - including the most ridiculous of trying to remove the No Deal option from the negotiating table!!

It frankly beggars belief that these so called representatives of the people can seek to remove that most basic of negotiating options - the option to walk away.

Only if we have that option can you get BOTH sides to discuss what is best for both. To have to negotiate with both arms tied behind your back is more than crazy - it’s stupid!

Stevie25 18th July 2019 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2748515)
As would I

However, I have a sneaky suspicion that had the vote gone the other way then those that got the result they wanted would be the first to insist that “their” result stood and no second referendum would be allowed.

There is no “impasse” IMO - what we have is a clear vote by the population to leave and that must be honoured.

The stumbling block is the out of touch MP’s in the HoC’s who despite supposedly representing the U.K. population actually present us with a HoC’s that is not in favour of “Leave”.

Those MP’s that want to Remain have tried all sorts of “dirty tricks” - including the most ridiculous of trying to remove the No Deal option from the negotiating table!!

It frankly beggars belief that these so called representatives of the people can seek to remove that most basic of negotiating options - the option to walk away.

Only if we have that option can you get BOTH sides to discuss what is best for both. To have to negotiate with both arms tied behind your back is more than crazy - it’s stupid!

Nigel Farage - currently leader of Brexit Party, said back in May 2016:

Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month.

The Ukip leader said a small defeat for his leave camp would be “unfinished business” and predicted pressure would grow for a re-run of the 23 June ballot.

Farage Said: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

HarryM1BYT 18th July 2019 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie25 (Post 2748521)
Nigel Farage - currently leader of Brexit Party, said back in May 2016:

Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month.

The Ukip leader said a small defeat for his leave camp would be “unfinished business” and predicted pressure would grow for a re-run of the 23 June ballot.

Farage Said: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

Understandable I suppose, what's good for the goose...

Thing is the vote and re-voting could go on forever, who decides when enough is enough?

Stevie25 18th July 2019 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2748533)
Understandable I suppose, what's good for the goose...

Thing is the vote and re-voting could go on forever, who decides when enough is enough?

I suppose since we all voted 3 years ago, and the positives AND negatives of leaving the EU has become much clearer, also a NO DEAL Brexit was never put forward as an option, then another vote should really be desired by both sides.

All of that being said if it ended up being another 52/48 to leave, then for me that would be the final decision.

But at least that would fully validate the original decision, made 3 years ago, with all the facts in the public domain.

wraymond 18th July 2019 12:38

I think the HoC and HoL are a mile away from being out of touch with the feeling in the real world.

They are acutely aware that their privileged inner world is under threat and in great danger of changing beyond their control. That’s the point, control.

That was the prime motivator three years ago and all that has happened since is the complete lack of any. It’s pointless and demeaning to revive all the old arguments as they only lead to rancour and a certain amount of vitriol.

It is however fair to say the upheaval in the establishment and the lengths to which ‘Honourables’ and ‘Right Honourables’ are prepared to debase our (unwritten) constitution, unwritten because we thought we were beyond the need for it to be so – we were better than that – is a national disgrace and they treat us all with the utmost disrespect whilst mockingly pledging allegiance to the flag. How’s that for the last refuge of scoundrels!

Several of the Blues – they don’t deserve the accolade of their respective parties- have even let it be known they intend bringing their own side down. That should result in instant recall and a constituency vote on their continued employment.

Darcydog 18th July 2019 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie25 (Post 2748556)
I suppose since we all voted 3 years ago, and the positives AND negatives of leaving the EU has become much clearer, also a NO DEAL Brexit was never put forward as an option, then another vote should really be desired by both sides.

All of that being said if it ended up being another 52/48 to leave, then for me that would be the final decision.

But at least that would fully validate the original decision, made 3 years ago, with all the facts in the public domain.

The “No Deal” scenario WAS clearly outlined by the Remain supporters - it was clearly set out in the “Project Fear” leaflets that were delivered to every house in the U.K. at a cost to the taxpayer of many £millions!

The doom and gloom predictions became ever more strident and scary! And were based upon the very worst case scenarios.

Even now we see headlines from the Remain Camps saying things like we would be “4% poorer” with a no deal Brexit - but dig down into where that 4% negative comes from and you find that the reality is that it comes from a “projection” that suggests GDP growth by 2030 is currently estimated to be 27% - but a No Deal Brexit “could” reduce that to 23%!!

The reality is slowly seeping out to businesses and people - for example WTO tariffs would average out at about 4% - but the current net payments we make to the EU of circa £8bn to £10bn a year equates to about 7% of exports. :shrug:

So to say that the No Deal scenario was never presented is false - it keeps getting rammed down our throats via “Project Fear”.

But the old adage is very true.

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

People have seen the intransigence of the EU - even some those who voted Remain accept the vote result and are appalled at the antics of the EU negotiators - as well as ours!!

Stevie25 18th July 2019 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2748579)
The “No Deal” scenario WAS clearly outlined by the Remain supporters - it was clearly set out in the “Project Fear” leaflets that were delivered to every house in the U.K. at a cost to the taxpayer of many £millions!

The doom and gloom predictions became ever more strident and scary! And were based upon the very worst case scenarios.

Even now we see headlines from the Remain Camps saying things like we would be “4% poorer” with a no deal Brexit - but dig down into where that 4% negative comes from and you find that the reality is that it comes from a “projection” that suggests GDP growth by 2030 is currently estimated to be 27% - but a No Deal Brexit “could” reduce that to 23%!!

The reality is slowly seeping out to businesses and people - for example WTO tariffs would average out at about 4% - but the current net payments we make to the EU of circa £8bn to £10bn a year equates to about 7% of exports. :shrug:

So to say that the No Deal scenario was never presented is false - it keeps getting rammed down our throats via “Project Fear”.

But the old adage is very true.

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

People have seen the intransigence of the EU - even some those who voted Remain accept the vote result and are appalled at the antics of the EU negotiators - as well as ours!!

You will no doubt be shocked to know I disagree with much of what you said!

Anyway, the bottom line seems to be, that certainly in recent times, the Brexit Process - that is, exiting the EU, by any means, damaging or otherwise, is more important than the original vote to leave the EU with a deal, as promised by numerous Leave Supporters
Easiest deal in History.
They need us more than we need them.
They will and must give us a deal.
BMW will put extreme pressure on Germany to give us a good deal.
Sunny uplands.
To name a few.
Now it’s people knew they were voting for a no deal??

So here’s were we actually agree - you can fool some of the people all the time, fool all of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time.

StopPress: BJ’s foolish kipper stunt about the Isle of Man.
First - Isle of Man NOT in EU
Second - Ice Pack requirement is British Government requirement NOT EU.
Ah well, why let the truth get in the way of a story your supporters want to believe anyway!

Nick Greg 18th July 2019 13:43

Here we go again. Another post that has degenerated into a series of political points. Here's me thinking such posts were banned.... Never mind. I don't own a Rover any more though so no point in my contributing as apparently non Rover owners are not welcome:D:D

dattrike 18th July 2019 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2747297)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2748590)
Here we go again. Another post that has degenerated into a series of political points. Here's me thinking such posts were banned.... Never mind. I don't own a Rover any more though so no point in my contributing as apparently non Rover owners are not welcome:D:D

Yes, I noticed :} and I must agree with Nick. My 2p's worth

Darcydog 18th July 2019 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2748590)

Nobody gives a stuff what car you drive Nick - it’s your petulant attitude whereby you label me as “paranoid” and accuse me of rubbishing people with Aspergers Syndrome that occasionally brings you to the attention of others.

So in the grand tradition of this Club - that welcomes everyone- even me !! - if playing the BALL not the player let’s have a look at what has really gone on.

T May never even considered a No Deal Exit - never discussed it.

The EU is intent on a Backstop Clause that means that if the U.K. walks away it has to leave Northern Ireland behind.

The EU is refusing to budge on this because it thinks the U.K. Parliament is scared witless of this.

But Business and Ministers - as well as the population as a whole - are concluding that this does not “box us in” - we are not terrified, we are not cornered. Put No Deal on the table and it all becomes do-able. WTO rules overall add up to less than the net cost of EU Membership.

No Deal will be difficult - and there will de disturbances - but these would be temporary.

The real difficulty in all this will ultimately be for the likes of MP Nick Boles whose constituents voted 60% in favour of Leave. And yet Nick Boles has threatened to bring down the Government if “No Deal” is even put back on the negotiating table.

I bet that went down well with those who voted for him!

What we have here is brinkmanship - the EU is very, Very good at this.

In contrast we had T May sitting down with the EU expecting them to play fair.

You only have to look at how the EU treated Cameron when he tried for the reforms we all wanted for and within the EU - to realise the EU is not interested in Reform.

It told Cameron to Bu99er off - and we now have Brexit as a direct consequence of EU intransigence.

Nick Greg 18th July 2019 15:27

Thats a real weird reply to be honest. I just made a general comment based on past experience where my car ownership was questioned, not by you I may hasten to add but lo and behold you go off one one again. Sad really. Bit of tongue in cheek gets this response but hey my lovely daughter is getting married to a splendid chap from Italy tomorrow. So I have other things on my mind I suppose.

Darcydog 18th July 2019 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2748608)
Thats a real weird reply to be honest. I just made a general comment based on past experience where my car ownership was questioned, not by you I may hasten to add but lo and behold you go off one one again. Sad really. Bit of tongue in cheek gets this response but hey my lovely daughter is getting married to a splendid chap from Italy tomorrow. So I have other things on my mind I suppose.

Have a really nice day. I wish you and your family well.

But I’m surprised you think my response is weird in any way. You are correct I have not ever questioned your “car ownership” - but it is a matter of record that you labelled me paranoid and tried to get a thread closed when it went in a direction you didn’t like by inferring prejudice on my part re people with Aspergers.

So your playing the innocent is amusing....

Simondi 18th July 2019 18:17

And so the children upset the playground again, reverting to abuse, bullying and altering words so as not trigger the swear filter.

Pathetic.

Thread closed.
If you want to discuss Brexit do it somewhere else.